Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 6986 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Default Any ideas on how to build a stage?
I'm building a school building that my Sims are going to be squatting in (has to do with a story I'm writing, not important), and I am freaking SCREWED on making the auditorium because there doesn't seem to be any way to make a stage.

I know it CAN be done, 'cause I've seen a couple lots with stages on the exchange. But I have no idea how to do it myself. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/links to tutorials?
Advertisement
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer about Water Reflections
#2 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM
How I did it last time, and this is like the real school I went to, is you make a foundation the size of the entire auditorium. Then cut out the area in the well, where most of the kids sit. This leaves the stage higher, and also a raised walkway around the auditorium which is exactly how it was in our school. Of course build the walls around the edge of the foundation.
Abdicator of Madness
staff: super moderator
#3 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:26 PM
There is a cheat called placeFriezes on. This allows you to use the foundation on top of another foundation. Stairs can come down from this level but as of yet I can't get stairs from a higher level to go to the frieze level as it is a bit higher than normal foundations.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:12 PM
I have been making staircases by raising floors from the ground and up. When I use the cfe cheat, and modular stairs to give me the level I guess I could make a stage somehow. It would be a lot of fiddling, placefrieze might work better. I haven't tried it, but I guess you would end up with a higher sealing in the rest of the room ... you could level it again using cfe I guess.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:20 PM
Looks like Late Night might be taking care of this problem.

The hot tub is on a platform, right? I'm not just thinking wishful?
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:28 AM
Off topic, but would you look at that bridge, wow. I can't wait to get late night. Those buildings in the background look great too

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:27 AM
This looks like a one-step stage, even (or is it just a weird perspective?) .. when they can do one-step stages, the might have figured out eight-step stages too now, so we can finally build U-shaped stairs without all the extra hassle?

Newbie Road/Wee Barnoid: Starter houses | Backdoor Lane: Urban lots | Baskerville | Middleground | Elsewhere

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:08 AM
Lets hope the buildings in the background aren't photo shopped in, I wouldn't put it past EA.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:55 PM
Ack! I have not gotten e-mail notifications for this thread, had no idea people were replying.

I can't use placeFriezes. :-/ I don't have Ambitions and can't really afford to buy it right now.
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#10 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
PlaceFriezes works fine in 1.12 and later, you don't need Ambitions for that.

Newbie Road/Wee Barnoid: Starter houses | Backdoor Lane: Urban lots | Baskerville | Middleground | Elsewhere

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:11 PM
Just make sure you've updated and use the placesfriezes cheat code.

It should work perfectly.

Section jump