Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 7060 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Default Any ideas on how to build a stage?
I'm building a school building that my Sims are going to be squatting in (has to do with a story I'm writing, not important), and I am freaking SCREWED on making the auditorium because there doesn't seem to be any way to make a stage.

I know it CAN be done, 'cause I've seen a couple lots with stages on the exchange. But I have no idea how to do it myself. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/links to tutorials?
Advertisement
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer who lives under a rock
#2 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM
How I did it last time, and this is like the real school I went to, is you make a foundation the size of the entire auditorium. Then cut out the area in the well, where most of the kids sit. This leaves the stage higher, and also a raised walkway around the auditorium which is exactly how it was in our school. Of course build the walls around the edge of the foundation.
Queue Concierge
staff: administrator
#3 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:26 PM
There is a cheat called placeFriezes on. This allows you to use the foundation on top of another foundation. Stairs can come down from this level but as of yet I can't get stairs from a higher level to go to the frieze level as it is a bit higher than normal foundations.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:12 PM
I have been making staircases by raising floors from the ground and up. When I use the cfe cheat, and modular stairs to give me the level I guess I could make a stage somehow. It would be a lot of fiddling, placefrieze might work better. I haven't tried it, but I guess you would end up with a higher sealing in the rest of the room ... you could level it again using cfe I guess.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:20 PM
Looks like Late Night might be taking care of this problem.

The hot tub is on a platform, right? I'm not just thinking wishful?
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:28 AM
Off topic, but would you look at that bridge, wow. I can't wait to get late night. Those buildings in the background look great too

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:27 AM
This looks like a one-step stage, even (or is it just a weird perspective?) .. when they can do one-step stages, the might have figured out eight-step stages too now, so we can finally build U-shaped stairs without all the extra hassle?

All my stuff for TS2 TS3 TS4

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:08 AM
Lets hope the buildings in the background aren't photo shopped in, I wouldn't put it past EA.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:55 PM
Ack! I have not gotten e-mail notifications for this thread, had no idea people were replying.

I can't use placeFriezes. :-/ I don't have Ambitions and can't really afford to buy it right now.
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#10 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
PlaceFriezes works fine in 1.12 and later, you don't need Ambitions for that.

All my stuff for TS2 TS3 TS4

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:11 PM
Just make sure you've updated and use the placesfriezes cheat code.

It should work perfectly.

Section jump