Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:58 AM
Default What if too many sims are assault rifled?
That's right, assault rifle.

My business is based on the Bandatron so that sims are charged 30 simoleons by the hour. Despite being a 4 star hangout, some sims are badmouthing the place ( that is what I presume they are doing because their satisfaction bar is deep in the red ). Disappointment is the natural burden of people, but I believe I can relieve them of this burden with Paladin's Assault Rifle. If I commit to this benevolent strategy then I assume that tombstones and urns will result. A special area can be set aside for these memorials. However, a better alternative would be to delete them to save space. But wouldn't this mess up my TS2 neighborhood / game, or does this problem only apply to TS3?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:57 AM
I don't know if it applies to Sims 3, but I can tell you to never delete a sim from your game in Sims 2.
Kill them off anyway you can, but do not take them out any other way besides dying. It really screws up your game to the point of being a melt-down.
It won't save space to delete them, because all sims have a file on them. It might not be very big in the game, but it's still there even if you kill them.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 11:37 AM
You'd totally kill your game.

And so what some people around here would call it a FBVFS.

Or a Flaming Ball Visible From Space.

Or something.
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:19 PM
Yes, as the others have said, NEVER delete the urns if you do decide to take this rather drastic measure. It will corrupt your game if you do.

Actually Shoosh, I did a very similar scenario you are planning, with my commercial gym. It was fairly popular and the owner was charging to get in, however there were always one or two sims who couldn't be "dazzled", kept coming up and moaning about things and were generally pretty irritating.

At the time I was thinking of ways of keeping the townie population down (I have the notownieregen hack in my game, but I still wanted to get rid many of the townies).

Soo.. I created a hitman and teleported him in and made him selectable whenever I wanted to get rid of someone. The owner had already placed out the assault rifle on the reception floor (great for customer relations eh?!! ). Once the dirty deed was done and Grimmie had come to do his thing while all the other customers sighed the loss of the townie, the hitman would pick up the urn and put it in his inventory, then I'd just made him unselectable and teleport him away.

It made for some funny scenes. At one point I made Nina Calilente, who was visiting the gym, selectable and made her pick up the gun and shoot a few townies. She's now my town's female psychonut.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:16 PM
^ That suits Nina well

By the way, deleting tombstones corrupt your game ? o.o I did that because all my tombstones were turned into "REST IN PEACE" and no name, so I figured it was okay? o.o?

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:10 PM Last edited by jodemilo : 24th Jul 2010 at 5:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
^ That suits Nina well

By the way, deleting tombstones corrupt your game ? o.o I did that because all my tombstones were turned into "REST IN PEACE" and no name, so I figured it was okay? o.o?

No, even though they are dead they still exist as character files (hence their abilities as ghosts) - they won't be completely eliminated from your game. There is a way to completely delete them - a thread over at MATY somewhere (don't know the link, sorry), but I couldn't be bothered learning how to do this.

But if you just want to keep your population down then killing them and then storing the urn/tombstone somewhere - either in someone's inventory like I did or on a community lot you never use - will at least stop their character files from "bloating" (from the interactions they do with your playables and other sims around town.)

That's what I was led to believe anyway.

BTW StarlightBeauty - you might find the FFS Lot Debugger useful in your game as it has the option of wiping corrupt memories from sims. It might help stave of corruption of your hood (although might not guarantee it).

ETA - oh here is that MATY thread about how to completely delete sims by the way http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6205.0.html. You'll the need the FFS Lot Debugger to do this, as well as SimPE.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
One thing you could do (besides storing the tombstones in someone's inventory) is make a small public graveyard and store them there.
I've started one, where my resident maniac, (when he escapes from the asylum he's committed to) goes to have some "sporting fun" and eliminates the townies that show up. Of course his weapons are stored there because the rules of the asylum forbid them.
He has a great time, they die and the files are still there. The graveyard also have the plus of being available for others who roll the want to visit and see ghosts without all the attendant trouble of making one themselves.
It's a triple win situation-you, the game and the character files. Of course the townies lose, but who cares about them?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:58 AM
WHERE DO I GET THE ASSAULT RIFLE?!?!?! It is just what I need for a storyline I'm working on. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:03 AM
Here:

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

choose Sims 2, Objects, Shooters.
Instructor
#10 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
One thing you could do (besides storing the tombstones in someone's inventory) is make a small public graveyard and store them there.

This is the solution I use. My town's public cemetery is populated by tombstones from cheerleaders and mascots. (They have a terrible habit of drowning. )

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zumppe
Here:

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

choose Sims 2, Objects, Shooters.

Thank you, thank you! Plus some other REALLY cool stuff, too. Can't wait to use it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:42 PM
How do you even USE an assault rifle? I downloaded it, and I keep ordering my Sim to shoot other Sims, but he keeps picking it up and putting it down. Is there any particular reason this is happening?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:10 AM
I just downloaded a Star Trek TNG phaser (I'm a former Trekker) and a freeze gun. I'd love to try it out on some hapless cow mascot...currently I have a couple of students in college....
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM
There is one thing about the assault rifle-you must have OFB for it to work properly-and once you do get it, all you have to do is click on it and the message will say: "Shoot A, B, or C"-how many sims there are on the lot. You can even do a suicide thing, if you want.
Then the sim you want to use it with will pick it up, and blast away at the intended target(s), with much glee and joy.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There is one thing about the assault rifle-you must have OFB for it to work properly-and once you do get it, all you have to do is click on it and the message will say: "Shoot A, B, or C"-how many sims there are on the lot. You can even do a suicide thing, if you want.
Then the sim you want to use it with will pick it up, and blast away at the intended target(s), with much glee and joy.

That's the thing, though, I have OFB and it STILL doesn't work.
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:03 AM
I've been eliminating Townies left and right myself (using the crate of axes) in Strangetown.
I have discovered that there are some Sims that will not be killed no matter how many times or ways you try. The Grant family (had to go L&D most of them away), Ophelia Nigmos refused to be axed or drowned, as well as one of the remaining Grant kids, and Richard Beckett who jumped in the ladder-less pool to award some drowning ninny in there with a gym card or something. I left them all in the pool for three days and all I got were constant messages that I asked them to stay overnight and wouldn't let them have a place to sleep -- yeah, right. I think maybe Maxis engineered them somehow not to die from unnatural causes on assorted lots.
There are a few other pre-made Sims running amuk that refuse to be killed besides those ones, those are just the ones I've tried to murder the most. All my favorite weapons are on my dead pc, thinking about finding them all again since I was always partial to the disease cannon??? The one that makes the luscious big boom when you kill someone.
Deleting is as bad as they say it is, so I plop down empty lots, zone them community and move all the graves there. My Strangetown one is about full -- named it Final Flatte. Boot Hill is coming up soon. I can't remember if moving graves is an option in one of the ep's or not but if I remember correctly, there is a mod to do that with here in the download section somewhere. I remember seeing something to that effect once long ago.
I don't know if you can "assault rifle" too many Sims. On my old pc,I killed hundreds of Sims and the game just kept spewing more past my the front door for me to kill some more . . . I think you can keep it up until there are as many dead and living Sims together as the neighborhood limit allows; that is my understanding from other threads I"ve read.
I'm thinking on some sort of challenge where you make a couple families, plop in them into a hood, one batch are killers that shoot anyone except children and pregnant women that stroll by, the other must survive with all the glory accorded in legacy challenges. Could be interesting.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:14 AM
I don't remember where it came from, but when I have sims die, I get the option "Move this grave" When I click on the tombstone. I have all the expansions, too... Hm. I need to kill more sims. My graveyards are looking woefully empty!
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:45 AM
It could be from Open for Business. Kimiko-Chan and all who "Move this grave to community lot" - There is a bug with this command, afaik, that deletes character information. Just in case I mistakenly kill a sim that didn't deserve it, I use NoUnlinkOnDelete. It is not listed as a critical fix but I think it is important for safety reasons.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2083.0.html

Also, the assault rifle priveledge came at a cost. Sims that died on the lot dragged the rating down -1 star.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:28 AM
I might get the assault rifle for any burglars...Castle Doctrine!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimiko-Chan
I don't remember where it came from, but when I have sims die, I get the option "Move this grave" When I click on the tombstone. I have all the expansions, too... Hm. I need to kill more sims. My graveyards are looking woefully empty!

It came with Nightlife.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:22 PM
I just picked up a freeze gun and test-fired it a few times on a cow mascot.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:57 PM
I just downloaded the assault rifle. This is a stupid question, but does a grave spawn after you kill a sim? I have a house I'm trying to fill with ghosts.
Scholar
#23 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:16 PM
What happens if you kill off a character then delete the urn? Because I've done that before...*is worried*
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:18 PM
Yes. If it's indoors it will be an urn, outdoors a tombstone. You have to wait for the Grim Reaper to do his thing. Oddly, in my game any sim waiting in line for the Band-a-tron ticket machine wouldn't die, only get back up as if nothing happened. I wish I could report this to Paladin, but there is no feedback option on his site. That is the only thing wrong with the assault rifle though. I prefer his killer robot drone.
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:27 PM
ebec17, do you have a backup? In your My Documents - EA Games you should have copied the Sims 2 folder for use just in case. As said itt, deleting tombstones and urns could corrupt your game.
Page 1 of 2