Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:41 PM
It would be cool if we could get 3/4 tile aquariums that cover a full wall with different fishes and mini octopus etc. That would looks so great in houses and in community lots

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:47 PM
Hmm, let's see. To make a full Pets EP you'd need...

- Dogs
- Cats

I'd like to see small animals like hamsters, rabbits and birds added, too. The hamster can be deadly or non-deadly. You know, for tradition's sake. But that's not enough for a full EP, well unless EA is feeling particularly cynical that day.

Naturally, there's going to be Pet Opportunities. Maybe a neighbor needs a mouse removed and you have a cat. Maybe your dog can help search for something. There's a pet show in town, want to join? That sort of thing. Add some pet-related traits and traits for the pets, a few pet-related careers, like Vet or Animal Trainer, a few related skills, a supernatural creature, werewolves are good here, and you've got a decent EP.

At least that's how much I'm expecting for the eventual animal EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:49 PM
Mouse holes! (brings back annoying memories of failing at Theme Hospital )

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:05 AM Last edited by comradebunny : 30th Jul 2010 at 3:05 AM. Reason: forgot something
I would love farm animals. I've always found it odd that sims can only have crop farms. Having a dairy could be a lot of fun. They could have a machine that lets you create different cheeses or yogurts.

"Now this is good, old-fashioned nightmare fuel." Crow T. Robot
Instructor
#30 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by comradebunny
I would love farm animals. I've always found it odd that sims can only have crop farms. Having a dairy could be a lot of fun. They could have a machine that lets you create different cheeses or yogurts.

Yes please! The McDermotts in Riverview would so branch out into real farming, not just "gardening". They even already have a barn!

Edit: And what farm doesn't have a faithful hound, a scruffy tom to catch mice and maybe even some chickens? :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 4:37 AM
sea monkeys
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 5:53 AM
Sea monkeys, and maybe an ant farm?
Scholar
#33 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:10 AM
Yeah... That was expected. I knew from day one that they'd put pets in this game someday. I love my dogs (in real life) to pieces, but I'd much rather have an Seasons EP first. The Pets EP for The Sims 2 was just so bland. They couldn't even bring back the dog shows from Unleashed.

I don't really want to see them combined. I think they could make an awesome Seasons EP for The Sims 3, but all attention needs to go to it. And they need to make a better Pets EP as well, so we don't need them together. We need them separate.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:08 AM
Well I hated Pets in Sims 2. They better expand and as you mentioned add tons of animals. Of course dogs, cats, and a few different species of birds, reptiles, few rodent type of animals, etc. Adding the pet show back would be so fun!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 9:57 AM Last edited by Falendriel : 30th Jul 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Not in agreeance with adding kennels. Maybe add the following job trees:

- Veternarian
- Animal Trainer
- Rancher (Self-Employment (like Painter, Author)
- SPCA Assistant (Part-Time)
- Pet Shop Assistant (Teenage Job)
- Pet Walker (Teenage Job)

The following pets:

- Dogs (with tracking ability / skill)
- Cats (with mouse-catching ability / skill)
- Horses (with the ability to ride)
- Cows (with the ability to milk)
- Sheep (with the ability to sheer)
- Chickens (with the ability to harvest their eggs)

The following opportunities:

- Horse Races
- Dog Shows
- Cat Shows
- Cow Shows
- Horse Shows
- Sheep Shows
- Chicken Shows
- SPCA Donations
- Animal Fostering
- Mouse-Catching
- Tracking (for police investigations)

Other:

- Ability to take cats/dogs to the SPCA (strays)
- Ability to adopt from the SPCA / Pet Store
- Ability to call the SPCA on others for animal abuse (but others can call the SPCA on you, too! much like CAS for children)
- Wild animals roam the neighbourhood (and some knock over trashcans / ruins gardens / dig holes around the lot that you need to fix with the terrain tool)
- Pets found outside can be taken to the SPCA by other Sims (if off-lot) and you need to pay a nominal fee to have them returned
- Ability to change your clothing with the wardrobe (only to clothing you've made by the Knitting skill + your default clothes)
- No-Pet Apartments (to be more realistic)
- New Trait: Animal Lover (better relationships with animals)
- New Trait: Pet Allergy (despises animals)
- New Trait: Nimble Fingers (knit faster naturally)
- New Trait: Harvester (better at ranching, better quality crops by default)
- New Life-Time Goal: Rich Rancher (earn 8,000 Simoleons from ranch products in one week)
- New Life-Time Goal: Professional Tracker (find 50 different items by tracking with a dog)
- New Skill: Knitting (knit yarn from sheep into clothing - higher the level, the faster you can make an outfit of choice)
- New Favourite Music: Acoustic
- New Favourite Music: Country
- New Favourite Food: Oatmeal
- New Favourite Food: Grilled Cheese
- New Favourite Food: Lambchops
- New Favourite Colour: Pale Yellow
- New Favourite Colour: Dry Brown
- New Item: All old pet items from the Sims 2
- New Item: Cheese Maker (take milk from cows and turn it into cheese)
- New Item: Mayonnaise Maker (take eggs from chickens and turn it into mayonnaise)
- New Item: Yarn Maker (take wool from sheep and turn it into yarn)
- New Item: Animal Brush (brush animals to groom them / wash them for animal shows)
- New Item: Fodder (ranch animal food)
- New Item: Trough (for putting food in)
- New Item: Water Bucket (for animal water)
- New Item: Cowbell (for recalling animals)
- New Item: Grass Seed (for planting higher grass to feed animals outside with)
- New Vehicle: Tractor (for harvesting high grass into fodder)
- New Vehicle: Horse Carriage (for taking multiple Sims around town freely)
- New Neighbourhood: Harvest Hills
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:55 PM
^loves it :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
Amazing ideas. I would love for them to be able to adopt animals from the shelters (which would be a rabbit hole of course).
Theorist
#38 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:25 PM
TS2 Pets never interested me. I just couldn't bear the thought of growing pets when I was struggling with my simmies. If they do a TS3 Pets EP, I'll be passing unless they make it so that we can have farm animals - cows, chickens, pigs, etc., This way we can have simmies that can be farmers and we can get milk and beef from cows, eggs from chickens, bacon from pigs, etc., I never liked the idea of growing Beef/Egg/Cheese plants to get those products. Then we can have dairy farms - produce milk, make cheese, make butter, etc., You get my drift. For you guys that hate Rabbit holes here's a really intensive work place.

And speaking of Rabbit Holes, I'm 50/50 on them. When I go to work with my sim it's cool as long as he/she is single and I don't have to worry about another one going to work in a non-RH occupation. If I'm in a household larger than 3, I make sure that at least 2 have RH jobs. I make it a point to have only 1 sim in a non-RH job in any household because I can't keep up with it. It was cute and funny and a lot of fun at first but after a few intensive earth days... it got old real quick.
Instructor
#39 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
It would be cool if we could get 3/4 tile aquariums that cover a full wall with different fishes and mini octopus etc. That would looks so great in houses and in community lots

Yes! We need more "fish": octopus, starfish, seahorse, lionfish, bass, ray, turtle.

Quote: Originally posted by Falendriel
The following pets:

- Dogs (with tracking ability / skill)
- Cats (with mouse-catching ability / skill)
- Horses (with the ability to ride)
- Cows (with the ability to milk)
- Sheep (with the ability to sheer)
- Chickens (with the ability to harvest their eggs)

You forget pigs. I also want a slaughterhouse where you can process your animals and get patties, links and steak. Vegetarian Sims could protest outside or get a negative moodlet for going nearby.

- New Skill: Knitting (knit yarn from sheep into clothing - higher the level, the faster you can make an outfit of choice)

And Sewing as in FreeTime!

- New Favourite Music: Acoustic
- New Favourite Music: Country

Isn't Ambitions Roots music that?
Forum Resident
#40 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

And speaking of Rabbit Holes, I'm 50/50 on them.

I consider RH's to be a necessary evil. The only RH I have an objection to is the restaurants. I think there should have been a "Career RH" restaurant, and a proper restaurant. OR a door in the back of the restaurant for Career Sims which lead into a rabbit hole (like a back door into the kitchen)

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Scholar
#41 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:44 PM
I somewhat agree that Sims 1 Unleashed has elements that are better than Sims 2 Pets...such as more variety in the kind of pets available...but Sims 2 wins hands down in the create-a-pet realm for the dogs and cats. Unleashed pets only came in one size and you couldn't customize them if you wanted to do something like recreate your own pets. I look forward to a Sims 3 pet EP.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:49 PM
I believe the fact that Unleashed had less variety was purely because of technical limitations so I'm surprised they didn't continue it on to Pets, just improved it. Maybe in TS3 they will get it right.

Alchemist
#43 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 1:50 AM
Farm animals is a necessity for this Expansion Pack, in my opinion. I'll be pretty devastated if they skip out on it.

I also think they need to add more interactions with Pets - whether it be the actual pet itself, or the interactions a sim gets when they click on it. I bought the one for Sims 2, and they just sat around and did nothing. They didn't really add anything to the game, in my opinion. I love the idea of a Animal Shelter as well.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Scholar
#44 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 2:02 AM

YES! I definitely would love a larger aquarium or terrariums for the animals we catch.

A crocodile (which shouldn't be the size of a rodent) should have a much bigger tank to swim in.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM
That crocodile is cute though

Isn't there a big (ish?) tank in TS2? I can't remember, ages since I played it.

#46 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM
I want a chihuahua that fits in a handbag. We could dress it up, groom it and take it wherever we go.
Scholar
#47 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:16 AM
Isn't there a big (ish?) tank in TS2? I can't remember, ages since I played it.

Yes, I think there might have been a couple. One that was 1x3 squares and another that was released with Apartment Life that was about 3x3 squares.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#48 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
A crocodile (which shouldn't be the size of a rodent) should have a much bigger tank to swim in.
Maybe they're baby crocodiles, the kind that eventually start getting too big, so people flush down the terlet and they take up residence in the sewers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#49 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Maybe they're baby crocodiles, the kind that eventually start getting too big, so people flush down the terlet and they take up residence in the sewers.

So sims just go to Egypt to steal baby animals, shove them in a small bowl for a few weeks before getting bored and flushing them into the sewer? What bastards!

Seriously though, I'm thinking that might be a good death. Death by sewer crocodile! Maybe in a later expansion pack sims can explore the sewers, meeting crocodiles, piles of toxic waste from the science lab and Pennywise, the lovable clown.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:22 AM
I hope the birds will be more fun in the Sims 3's pet EP. Birds in real life can be so much fun, but the ones in the Sims 2 were no better than decorations. Sims should have an option to teach their parrots words or tricks.

Also, puppies and kittens were such a hassle to sell. I believe you could only sell them to playable characters? It'd be better if you could sell them to townies and NPC's as well and be done with them. An even cooler feature would be advertising the adoptable pets in the newspaper or on the internet!

Also, having a guard dog as a substitute to a burglar alarm would be hilarious! :D
Page 2 of 5