Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 4329 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:41 PM
Buyable camera for photography loving sims who don't want to go on a vacation.
Hey there MTS users!

I didn't know where to ask this question so mods, feel free to relocate my thread, please.

I was just thinking, it's really a shame Sims have to go on a holiday to purchase a camera and get into photography, while those throw-away cheap cameras should be available in every supermarket.

So I'm either requesting a MOD that allows us to buy a camera from a hometown community lot, or else redirect me to a link that has such a MOD?

Please help me out here, and share your opinion on whether or not you think photography should be more accessible.

Thanks and love

Amy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
open the console: "testingcheatsenabled true" - "buydebug" - close console - find camera in debug catalog.

Alternatively if you have the ambitions expansion you can find all three cameras in the consignment shop quite commonly

I've never actually looked into the photography skill though... Is it enjoyable?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:15 PM
@babaji_mendez- I enjoy the photography skill. It's really fun seeing how a Sim progresses over time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:24 PM
I totally agree that cameras should have been available for purchase in the home neighborhood. There is a mod somewhere here on MTS that makes all the things only available in WA neighborhoods show up on the home grocery store menu, but I don't know f it's compatible with Ambitions, I haven't used it since then.
If the consignment store isn't carrying a camera when I want one, I use the buy debug to get it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 12:17 AM
When level 8 and above, photography skill is profitable

Other than that, I like the little easter eggs that pop in "failed" pictures sometimes.

Discovering the different subjects is really fun, but I guess it depends on what you enjoy personally.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisims
There is a mod somewhere here on MTS that makes all the things only available in WA neighborhoods show up on the home grocery store menu.

I have searched for it, but couldn't find it - do you know where to find it from the top off your head? If not, I'll go through all mods manually!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:19 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:45 AM
Thank you very much!
Eminence Grise
staff: retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:32 AM
For future reference, we have a forum where you can look for mods: "Where Can I Find", under the Help menu Requests aren't allowed on this site, but there's a sticky in WCIF that lists modders who take requests by PM.

Section jump