Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:00 AM
Default How Many Sims can you have
I am curious. How many sims can you have in a sims town. What is the ultimate limit?
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:32 AM
I'm not aware of a technical limit except the 64 bit range of the instance IDs. That's a limit somewhere in the region of 1.8 x 10^19 or 18 billion billions. Any computer will run out of memory and probably CTD way before you can even claim to make noteworthy use of that range.

So there is no ultimate limit. It depends on your computer and your ability to squeeze additional sims in your 'hood. And you will probably get the infamous 12/13/16/69/0815/4711/90210 errors at some point. All "soft" limits though.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:53 AM
18 quadrillion pretty much enables you to individually number every atom in the galaxy, or nearly so, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
#4 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I'm not aware of a technical limit except the 64 bit range of the instance IDs. That's a limit somewhere in the region of 1.8 x 10^19 or 18 billion billions. Any computer will run out of memory and probably CTD way before you can even claim to make noteworthy use of that range.

So there is no ultimate limit. It depends on your computer and your ability to squeeze additional sims in your 'hood. And you will probably get the infamous 12/13/16/69/0815/4711/90210 errors at some point. All "soft" limits though.

This blows my mind.