Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adult College Student Career

by joninmobile Posted 12th Aug 2010 at 2:28 PM - Updated 12th Aug 2010 at 10:23 PM by joninmobile

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:08 PM
awesome thanks! it bugged me too that adults couldn't continue i know just the sims to use this on
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM
thanks so much! I hated how adults couldn't go back to college, and this is the next best thing!

<Just a broken heart that the world forgot. </3>
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:56 PM
It's indeed really good. It's nice to have a general career like this. Mine is really specific for NCIS.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Theorist
#5 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:14 PM
Thank you jon, great idea!

Upon graduation, are the special careers unlocked, or do we just use christianlov's Conterfeit College Diploma? I rather like the idea of using the counterfeit diploma only if the Sim has completed this new career or the NCIS, rather than just issuing a diploma out of the blue.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:22 PM
Well for the Conterfeit College Diploma you still need University. When your sim finishes my Education NCIS career, he/she earns a diploma as reward.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Thank you jon, great idea!

Upon graduation, are the special careers unlocked, or do we just use christianlov's Conterfeit College Diploma? I rather like the idea of using the counterfeit diploma only if the Sim has completed this new career or the NCIS, rather than just issuing a diploma out of the blue.

I'm not sure what you are asking really, but the career reward is not custom, it's a Maxis putting green, your sims don't get a diploma, but I may edit this to include a custom career reward, if I can figure that out.
Theorist
#8 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Well for the Conterfeit College Diploma you still need University. When your sim finishes my Education NCIS career, he/she earns a diploma as reward.
Yes I understand, which is both creative and appropriate in itself. But for adult Sims who have missed University, and if University is available in the game, its nice to have yours or jon's new option - an option which the Sims must in a sense pay for - before reaping the benefits of extra want slots and special careers.
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
I'm not sure what you are asking really, but the career reward is not custom, it's a Maxis putting green, your sims don't get a diploma, but I may edit this to include a custom career reward, if I can figure that out.
Yes, sorry, I understand now. I was just visualizing how I would use this career in my own gameplay.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile

If you don't know how to add a custom reward, I have no problem with adding the diplomareward of the NCIS career to this career.

Theorist
#11 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:33 PM
If you don't know how to add a custom reward, I have no problem with adding the diplomareward of the NCIS career to this career.
Would you consider using the Counterfeit Diploma as a custom reward? I notice that christianlov's usage policy is extremely generous.
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:38 PM
Oh that sounds like a great idea lient, and sophie-david. When you get it ready lient, just send me a pm with the custom career reward, by way of mediafire or some filehosting service, and I'll update my post.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Would you consider using the Counterfeit Diploma as a custom reward? I notice that christianlov's usage policy is extremely generous.

You know what, I will do both. I will add the counterfeit diploma as a reward to my education NCIS career as well. It's just that you need University for the Counterfeit Diploma and the point of my upload is that players who don't have that EP can have a diploma in their game.

@Joninmobile: I will put it on SkyDrive of hotmail and send you the link by PM.

Theorist
#14 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:58 PM
You know what, I will do both. I will add the counterfeit diploma as a reward to my education NCIS career as well. It's just that you need University for the Counterfeit Diploma and the point of my upload is that players who don't have that EP can have a diploma in their game.
Wonderful!

Well there's certainly room for two versions of each career. If I may make one last suggestion, if you clone the counterfeit diploma as a separate reward with its own GUID and make it invisible to the catalogue, then I will be able to delete the Counterfeit and no longer be tempted to use it without putting in the time!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 9:08 PM
I'm testing it in my game right now. I changed the GUID and made it a careerreward to only show up as a reward. I don't know where you normally could find the Counterfeit, but I guess it should work.
If it doesn't when you test it, just let me know.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:45 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait to test it out. Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 3:39 PM
Sweet, it anoyed me how adults couldent go to college.

That girl's made of matches and she wants to light her name, untill it catches.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 2:26 PM
Awesome Man. Kinda like if you wanted to send your teen to a university before they become an adult, but they grow up anyway. But now with this career, it is more realistic. Thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:24 PM
Dunno if anyone pointed this out, but... SPELLING ERROR! I believe license was spelled wrong in one of your chance card example pics. XD
Yes, I'm a spelling freak.
Thx for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 9:54 PM
Yes man this awesome. Only cause I am still in college and is an adult trying to make it through so thanks a million for this man.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th May 2011 at 10:53 PM
Soo? does it say you graduated once you reach the end. as if you went to college?
Theorist
#22 Old 6th May 2011 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Dunno if anyone pointed this out, but... SPELLING ERROR! I believe license was spelled wrong in one of your chance card example pics. XD
Yes, I'm a spelling freak.
Thx for this!

Both licence and license are standard spellings in Canada. License is more typically an American English usage.
Theorist
#23 Old 6th May 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bigdezil28
Soo? does it say you graduated once you reach the end. as if you went to college?

This career grants the college diploma reward object which will give your Sim all the standard gameplay features of a Sims 2 college graduate. The only thing missing will be the "graduated from college" memory, which really does not affect gameplay.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:18 AM
Thanks so much for this! Now my Sims I made before getting University can go to college, even if it isn't exactly the same. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:27 AM
thank you for the great addition to my game joninmoble :)
Page 1 of 2