Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Torrox Spanish/Southwestern Build Set Part 2 - Windows, doors, archways

by moune999 Posted 12th Aug 2010 at 1:37 AM - Updated 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:47 PM by moune999

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:18 AM
I love these, thanks! =)

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:41 AM
The full collection is really incredible! Awesome job moune!!
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:09 AM
These are really gorgeous! Thanks. =)
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:08 PM
awesome set! thank you

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 11:46 PM
this is awesome, too bad it is´nt for sims 3

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#7 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 5:27 AM
OMG, what a gorgeous set ! *favorited* I love it
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:27 AM
These are so gorg...I need Sims 3 versions! Great work Moune.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:29 AM
I was looking windows to build my dream house in the woods, I have a lot of nice windows but none of them were what I wanted for this project. Then I saw these, they're perfect, just what I was looking for. Thank you ever so much for creating them and, as at least one other person has said, thank you for still creating things for Sims 2. I know we'll be playing Sims 2 for a long time yet to come..
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:14 PM
I tried using the double glass door when making an apartment lot but the game refused to recognize the apartments until I swapped the door. Is there anything you can do about this?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:39 PM
As far as I know the only doors that can be used as apartment doors are the Maxis ones. The game won't recognize any custom made apartment doors, unless they are default replacements that completely override the Maxis apartment door.

However, I do have several Torrox recolors of the Maxis apartment door. Click on 'Related pages' at the top of this one to find a link to them.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Scholar
#12 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:36 PM
No, I used the normal Maxis apartment door, but I had the double glass door leading onto an enclosed balcony. The apartments wouldn't work until I swapped the balcony door (your two-tile glass one) for the maxis sliding door. As soon as I did that it zoned correctly. I've heard about problems with two-tile custom arches made before AL but I wasn't expecting to run into a problem with this door.

jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 8:17 AM
Then I suspect the problem is that my door is basegame compatible and has no EP features. The only solution I can think of would be to make a whole new AL clone, and thus have two different versions of the door - or rather of all the Torrox doors and archways, of course.

That is not a project I'm going to take on, I'm afraid. But you are of course more than welcome to use the resources in the package to make an AL door yourself or ask someone else to do it. As long as I get credit as the original creator and you don't upload to any paysites I'm perfectly fine with that.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 5:22 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I'd be willing to give it a go myself, only I haven't got a clue where to begin. I guess I'll have to do without.

jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:41 PM
thank you very much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th May 2011 at 3:13 PM
Fantastic! Thank you so very much!
Test Subject