Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
I was just telling a friend on MSN about all this and showing her this thread and she thinks we all have way too much time on our hands. I told her "more like we're all Sims addicts who are really getting into this multiplayer idea".

Yup, I'd agree with your assessment of the situation. Me, have time? oh no. If I had half an ounce of sense I'd quit playing The Sims 2 altogether. But leave Velden Hills and my spaceship challenge and of course Illusion Bay and Coppervale? No chance! :-D
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:26 AM
Yeah, I think I fit into the Sims addicts category too. I suppose getting up at 4 in the morning to finish playing doesn't count as "having too much time." (Don't worry, I didn't actually do that, but now that I'm up...)
Three days till summer in both households! How the heck can anyone finish three households in practically no time? :P

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
If I had half an ounce of sense I'd quit playing The Sims 2 altogether.

LOL! It'll be a cold day in hell before any of us do that.

Kaila: Are you referring to me? It helps that I'm disabled and find it virtually impossible to get a job.
Scholar
#29 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
Kaila: Are you referring to me? It helps that I'm disabled and find it virtually impossible to get a job.

Oh god, I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was referring to you but I didn't mean that in a bad way... I hope you didn't take it like that

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:29 PM
I take no offense. As I said earlier, I was power-simming for over 18 hours, which helped me finish in a reasonable timeframe.
Scholar
#31 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:41 PM
Oh good. I'm planning on powersimming to finish up this round. I feel guilty making you guys wait! I want to put some spoilers in the picture threads but I can't bring myself to do that...

tumblr
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 8:39 AM
Jim: Don't know about a cold day in hell, but it's bloody cold here... Can't believe it's only September, feels like proper winter already. Sitting indoors playing sims if fun when the weather's like this. A migraine ate my entire day yesterday (boo hiss!) but I still haven't found any potential clients for my new business, so I have time at the moment.

I've been playing my BACC neighbourhood obsessively, look forward to getting Illusion Bay to play obsessively when you're done Kaila! :-) Will be a nice change..... :-D
Banned
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:44 AM
How's it going, Kaila?
Scholar
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:40 PM
I made a post in my LJ with a few neighborhood pictures and an update. Just 2 days till the end (4 days in all!) Hopefully I'll finish today. Celandine's ghost is scaring me. :P

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:59 PM
LOL oh noes! Just when Celandine was starting to grow on me.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 3:26 PM
Eeee, so excited! :-) Can't wait to get the neighbourhood.... :-D Sounds like lots has been happening!
Scholar
#37 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 7:28 PM
Wow, I'm done! I'm uploading it now, but Mediafire is slooow and I don't know how long it'll take.
Oh and by the way, I want to reserve 109 City Center Street. I built it halfway through the round and I think the Pebbles household will move there next round... Their house has only two bathrooms and two bedrooms, and a two six-tile rooms that I squeezed beds into. Plus, there's a huge pool taking up most of the space on the first floor. That's why I want them to move.
Also, I was stupid for killing Celandine so early in the round. She's no better as a ghost, I hate her even more now. She's been making quite a few house calls, and everyone on the lot has seen her ghost. She'd grow on me too, if I didn't have to play her.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 9:24 PM
Yay! Okidoki, shall be sure not to use that lot, though neither of my families will be moving into new houses anyway! I'm trying to download it now, but having issues with Mediafire and my internet connection. Will let you know when I've managed to download it.....
Banned
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 3:10 AM
Fleur STILL looks hot. I think Goopy's nose just makes her features look more elegant.

Rest in peace, Goopy and Celandine. PLEASE. :P
Scholar
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 3:41 AM
Wonder if Fleur will still be hot when she's an Elder? Oh well... I read a post once about someone who had their sim WooHoo with a "platinum blonde" only to realize it was really an Elder... maybe Fleur will be able to pull that look off. xD

It's just Celandine so far... She's come to the house three times, opening, closing doors, haunting bathtubs and desks... It's not like I can just lock the doors. I almost want to move them on to the roof when Celandine comes. Actually... yeah, I will do that next time it comes around to me. I just hope there won't be any thunderstorms, haha.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#41 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 1:40 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 3rd Oct 2010 at 3:18 PM.
I managed to download it, finally.... Am loading up the game now :-) Eeee, I can't wait! :-D

**EDIT** Just started playing, and realised that jay_envy didn't play his last round, I'd forgotten about that, so I'll be playing the Rhys household for 20 days, then the Mitchells and the Rhys' for 5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5 until they're both up to date. So it may take me a little while to finish my round - 60 sim days won't go quickly, I expect.....
Scholar
#42 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 1:56 AM
Was wondering about that (playing the Rhys' 2nd round and 3rd round too)... Good that you got it downloaded anyways

60 days!? Perhaps you should just leave it running overnight or something... xD Oh, wait, no antiannoying hacks, maybe you shouldn't, they'd all be dead :/

tumblr
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 11:50 PM
Also, my laptop has a tendency to crash so I doubt it'd stay on overnight anyway! I'm about halfway through the Rhys' Round 2, sorry it's taking so long but it's kind of weird playing characters that aren't mine! In Round 3 there will be move ins and marriages between the Rhys' and the Mitchells so then both households will feel like mine and I'm sure I'll play faster! :-) The Rhys family is currently the father and three teens.... dull dull dull. Playing teens for so long gets boring, I want them to age up so they can marry/have kids with the Mitchell lot! :-D But I'm determined not to cheat and age them up as I want to keep the ages consistent throughout the 'hood.
Scholar
#44 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 2:09 AM
I know! Teenhood seems way too long in this, especially without ACR and stuff to give teens more options. Actually, the aging process itself... One time I started a Legacy. It was actually an Uglacy to make it more interesting. Ended up using InSim to make them all grow up and get pregnant the instant they were born. I have absolutely no patience sometimes Although I really just wanted to see what they'd look like and whether they would carry on the Ugliness.
When I first started the Pebbles, I hated them, their house was awkward (still is) and I was desperate for them to start interacting with the Florals, who I love.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 6:34 PM
I have absolutely nothing against the Rhys', mind, they're just not "mine". And even in families that were mine from the start teens tend to bore me! In a couple of sim days the Rhys' will be one elder, three teens - that's like my worst nightmare!! Am trying to just keep going though, some of the stuff is still fun but there's a lot of get up-go to school-come home-go to work-come home-relax for a bit-go to bed-get up-go to school..... It feels too much like real life!! And I so miss not having Inteen and ACR - that definitely gives teens something to do! :-D
Scholar
#46 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 12:22 AM
Yeah, me too. I don't even like downloading Sims, it's just strange to play them when I didn't make them myself.

tumblr
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:15 AM
@lauratje86 -- Hahaha, I'm surprised you didn't kill Lilly off! I was actually planning on setting her on fire, before I had to drop out. How are Mathias and Lysette?
Scholar
#48 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:36 AM
Jay_envy: So cruel to poor simmies Did you notice our Lily's look kind of alike? That was on purpose haha, I was thinking they could have interwined fates or something. Didn't realize you wanted to kill her Laura, hopefully you won't kill Lilly Rhys off, otherwise my idea goes falling off a cliff. xD

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:14 PM
LOL Kaila, you should see the stuff I've done to my Sims *evil grin*

I was thinking of having Melissa and Chloe adopt Lilly or Sophia, unless someone else wants to.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:44 PM
I'm working on getting Mathias up to being an adult so he can move in with the Mitchells :-) So far all is well, they're still going steady and have been hanging out together at Mathias' younger siblings' birthday parties......

Don't worry Kaila, Lilly Rhys will survive, I have plans involving her and Delilah Mitchell :-D

By the end of Round 3 all the Mitchells and Rhys' will be adults and I'll be starting on the next generation - yay! :-D

Page 2 of 8