Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:53 AM
Default EA Maxis Registers The Sims 4 Domain
Well it had to happen sooner or later, but as the title says EA Maxis have registered The Sims 4 Domain. So how far it be off is anyone's guess. But I wonder why so soon I suppose to stop peeps grabbing it first. lol

Here is the full article http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e.php?id=262219

So if and when they do start on The Sims 4 that The Sims 3 has been out for a long time.

Hope I have put this thread in the right section as it is sims related but not sure where it should go as it is Sims news rather than anything else.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:59 AM
They registered simcity5.com too. There most likley grabbing the domain before anyone else does, not necessarily start to work on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 6:12 AM
True I suppose but it is interesting that they do it at all. lol But as you said to get the domain first. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 9:04 AM
:O they plan on making sim city 5, its about time, been waiting for that for ages =/, doubt they will live up to the standards the community has put forward in the thousands of wonderful mods :D

~Innocent~EX~
Alchemist
#5 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 9:08 AM
They start making the next game as soon as they finish or release the current.
i.e they started making 2 when they released 1, 3 when they released 2, 4 when they released 3.
I'm not sure about Simcity, though.
Registering the domain so no one else can take it is probably just to be safe. :P
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 9:35 AM
I thought simcity 5 *was* out as simcity societies?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#7 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I thought simcity 5 *was* out as simcity societies?

BLASPHEMER!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:44 AM
:giggle: yes, well, that was what they intended, in a strange misconceived way...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:18 PM
Simcity Societies was the worst purchase I ever made.
Alchemist
#10 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghosty12
Simcity Societies was the worst purchase I ever made.

I give you props for even admitting you bought it
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 6:57 PM
Old news (Hundred years in Internet time)

Quote: Originally posted by WHOIS.com
Domain Name: thesims4.com

Created on..............: Mon, Jun 28, 2010
Expires on..............: Mon, Apr 09, 2012
Record last updated on..: Mon, Jul 05, 2010

I haven't checked, but I believe it was said they registered everything up till Sims10, but that do not mean that they will make that many sequels, they're just scared till death of someone else getting the domains to do evil.
Inventor
#12 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I give you props for even admitting you bought it

I can top that.... I bought Streets of SimCity...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.