Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

I Hate Hats World Adventures Hat Hiders

by Winterhart Posted 4th Sep 2010 at 8:39 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2012 at 11:01 PM by Winterhart

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 12:04 AM
I just tried these and thank you soooooo much for these they are wonderful. I hate the hats in this game. The only thing I noticed is the the hats, (if looking at your picture) first column down under Eygptian beaded hair, the old Indian Jones adventure hats are still showing up. I hope very soon you will have the ugly hats with Ambitions and all the kid hats gone as well. Thank you for a great job done.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 11:41 PM
Thank you. Will random townies still get the hats ? I so, could you stop that ?

Is there a way to hide certain other ugly hair styles that I don't want in my game at all ? So no-one will ever get them ?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Instance
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407349

So its a dumb version of that?
You could be a bit more courteous, but yes, the mod is similar. I didn't see that one before I did mine. The difference between the two is mine hides all the hats. I think the other mod is really great if you still want to see hats, just not every variation of them. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Thank you. Will random townies still get the hats ? I so, could you stop that ?

Is there a way to hide certain other ugly hair styles that I don't want in my game at all ? So no-one will ever get them ?
The townies will still get them and I don't know if that can be changed or not. I'll look into that for you. Same goes for hair styles, I know I can hide them in CAS but I don't know if I can make them unavailable for townies. I can make it so they won't come up randomly in CAS. :lovestruc

Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
The townies will still get them and I don't know if that can be changed or not. I'll look into that for you. Same goes for hair styles, I know I can hide them in CAS but I don't know if I can make them unavailable for townies. I can make it so they won't come up randomly in CAS. :lovestruc

Omfg, I'm a jackass. Seriously meant to say simpler. I'm soo sorry.

-Instance
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Instance
Omfg, I'm a jackass. Seriously meant to say simpler. I'm soo sorry.

-Instance
Apology accepted. :lovestruc

Inventor
#9 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 5:52 PM
The randomness in CAS doesn't bother me as much. It's all the townies that walk around with those hats that do. Thanks for looking into it
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 3:26 PM
Robin Walker won't be pleased with this..... lol. Cookie if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeoGeminiCreator
Robin Walker won't be pleased with this..... lol. Cookie if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
He is one of the developers of World Adventures. It's my guess that he designed the hats and clothing.

I won't take the cookie though because I googled.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:37 AM
Can you change this so that we could choose which hats we want to hide? For instance, I LIKE the various types of Fedoras (The wide-brimmed, Indiana Jones type hats), the top hat, the ball cap, and the military style hat? I'm okay with the cowboy hat for males, but the one for females is just plain ugly! I HATE the helmets, and the rice paddy hats, also! I really wish that someone could make it possible to place a hat on ANY hairstyle, and not only on the goofy styles EA chose to go with them. That little hat with a veil, would be pretty if it weren't for the ugly hairstyle that goes with it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:56 AM
Is this mod still working with the pets update?