Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 4:44 PM Last edited by katija : 7th Sep 2010 at 7:27 PM.
Default Can't make ceiling lamp recolourable
I've cloned maxis Light effects ceiling lamp which is recolourable in game, but my mesh isn't. I've repeated the process of making mesh recolourable three times just to make sure I didn't made mistakes, but no luck. Can someone take a look, I've included the mesh and two recolors (even though the problem isn't in recolors, mesh is the problem file, game says it's not designable).

I have the newest CEP installed.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ceiling lamp.rar (104.2 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:06 PM
Your mesh subset in the GMDC is called lightingceilingvalue_matte, but in the GMND and MMAT it is called recolor. That is what is keeping it from being recolorable. You also have lightingceilingvalue_reflection as a MMAT, TXMT, SHPE, and in the GMND but you have no actual subset for that mesh part. So if you don't plan on having a second subset you may want to delete those, since it will pull two subsets to recolor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 7:27 PM
I think I get it now. Maxis mesh had two subsets, one with _reflection sufix and one with _matte sufix. In GMDC I replaced _matte with my mesh and deleted the other one, but I should do it the other way around, cause in GMND and MMAT is only _reflection subset. I totally missed that.

Yep, it works. My recolors are awful but it works! THANKS!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator