Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 9681 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 6:47 AM
Default How do I know which Custom Content is Corrupt?
Hello Simmers,

I am having a very hard time trying to delete some corrupt custom content off my game. See, I have a lot of CC that is corrupt (adult shirts and pants that toddlers can wear) and I've read all the help pages about how to delete it but it just says to go into the folder and delete the files that are corrupt... but how do I know which ones are corrupt? I can't tell by just the file name alone.
In sims 2 there was an easy way to delete stuff in CAS by just hitting a trash can button but it seems that with sims 3 it is way more difficult to delete.
I have tried downloading Sims Dashboard but it will not work on my computer.
Is there another program out there that will help me detect corrupt custom content? I tried googling but couldn't find anything.
Some help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks community
Advertisement
staff: moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 3:36 PM
Delphy's Dashboard will find some errors with some custom content, but not all in either case.
Why cant you use it? What error does it give you? What Operation System are you using?
Is the custom content in .package files or in .sims3pack files?
  • If the problem is with .packages CC (ie. you needed only to move the \Mods\Packages\)
    • If the new game can load, then read this FAQ on how to rectify the Lag issue and to find the problem content: Game_Help:Package_File_Lagwiki.
    • Identifying the problem content - Game_Help:TS3_Finding_Problem_Custom_Contentwiki.
    • Once you which know which content caused the glitch, you'd need to revisit the site where you get the .packages from to see if there's a new update or if they need to be discarded as they are no longer compatible.
  • If the problem is with .Sims3Packs CC (ie you needed to rename the user files)
    • Try running Dashboard on the DCBackup folder to see if it can detect anything wrong with those .packages
    • Or if you want to test Sims3Packs one-by-one, you can use CUSTARD (Alpha testing, Windows only) by Delphy in the Modding forum
    • Otherwise, you'd need to revisit the site where you get the Sims3Packs from to see if if there's a new update or they need fixing, etc.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 6:58 PM

Section jump