Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix subhood selection

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2010 at 1:30 AM by Mootilda : Restore default picture

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 5:17 PM
Thank you so much, Mootilda, for continuing to correct EA's sloppy work and making our Sims 2 games more flexible and fun.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 7:55 PM
Thank you for this! I never understood the need for that HUGE button. Just show me what I've got to choose from already!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 29th Sep 2010 at 8:25 PM.
I believe that EA never expected us to make our own subhood templates; they consistently underestimate the community. Since there was only one "choice", the button made sense to them. I'm hoping that more subhood templates will be made and shared, now that the process is better understood.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 8:40 PM
^ Agreed! Look at all of us here. They should seriously ditch TSR and come over here to hire some great talent. *works on first pose box whilst posting this* That way they might actually get an expansion out that WE like, not just them and their "creator's convention".

In other news, this is amazing. I am downloading this right away.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 2:57 PM
Thanks for this fix & your amazing tutorial on the creation of custom sub-hoods! I had wanted to thank you (and ask a question) on your tutorial thread, but as apparently only creators can comment in that section, so I'll say thanks for it here too & just muddle through my question(s) on my own.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
Thanks for this fix & your amazing tutorial on the creation of custom sub-hoods! I had wanted to thank you (and ask a question) on your tutorial thread, but as apparently only creators can comment in that section, so I'll say thanks for it here too & just muddle through my question(s) on my own.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that only creators can comment in that section. I wanted to post in an area where I could work on the tutorial until I had it down to a minimal complexity, before moving it to the tutorials section; there are still a lot of things that I want to research before it's "done", including either trying to fix SimPE, or writing a new program which will make steps 2 and 3 easier.

I've started a new thread in the Moo Tools social group, since you should be able to post there by joining the group. I'd really like to hear everyone's questions and comments on the process.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=421039
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 12:34 AM
Question: How did you get all the default nhoods to show up as subhoods without replacing the Bluewater Village option? Whenever I tried to add Pleasantview, Veronaville, or Strangetown as a shopping district option it always overrode the "add bluewater village."
Site Helper
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Oct 2010 at 4:54 AM.
Everyone:

Please don't post questions about creating subhood templates in this thread; that's really a separate research topic. I would prefer to keep this thread for questions and comments about this set of mods ONLY. For questions and comments about creating subhood templates, please post in the tutorial thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420196

If you are unable to post in the tutorial thread, please post in the appropriate thread in the Moo Tools social group. You will have to (temporarily) join the Moo Tools social group in order to post in that thread, but you can un-join whenever you want:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=421039

Modder, could you please re-post your question in one of those two threads? Thanks so much. I'll try to answer your question once you've posted there. You might want to detail the steps that you followed, so that I can see whether I'm doing anything differently.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:50 PM
I never told you how grateful I am for especially this one. =)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:40 AM Last edited by Alma70 : 4th Oct 2010 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask!
Thank you so much for all the amazing stuff you do and for sharing it with the rest of us!

I'm guessing this means that we can't use the "add all" feature for Uni and BV Hoods any more (can't remember what EP that came with)?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 3:57 AM
Sorry, I missed your edit.

"Add Remaining" will still add all of the remaining universities or vacation destinations, even if you now have a lot of them. I don't believe that there's any way to add this functionality for downtowns and business districts, but I'll take a look.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:25 PM
hi do you know anywhere to download cool uni's which work with this mod
Site Helper
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by remyrex
hi do you know anywhere to download cool uni's which work with this mod
At this time, there are very few subhoods available to be downloaded. In fact, I only know of one and it's not a university:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 5:08 PM
Hi, for some reason after downloading this an putting it in my downloads folder, the options to add multiple subhoods is not showing up. I still get the "before" affect. I have all EPs an SPs, am I supposed to choose only one of the files in the download?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 8:22 PM
No, you can have any or all of the packages; they each affect a different subhood selection window (university, downtown, business district, and vacation destination).

Have you turned on custom content? Are you sure that you've extracted the packages into the correct Downloads folder? Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:44 PM
My custom content is turined on, and I extracted the packages in right into my Downloads folder, under one of my subfolder's entitled "hacks".

And the screenshoot I'm seeing is exactly the same thing that is in your "before" photos.

I'll re download the packages, and rerun my game to see if it works now..and report back.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:46 PM
My custom content is turned on, and I extracted the packages in right into my Downloads folder, under one of my subfolder's entitled "hacks".

And the screenshoot I'm seeing is exactly the same thing that is in your "before" photos.

I'll re download the packages, and rerun my game to see if it works now..and report back.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:54 PM
Very odd. Is it possible that you have another mod which changes that dialog? Do any of the other dialogs work?
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Very odd. Is it possible that you have another mod which changes that dialog? Do any of the other dialogs work?

I to only have the before come up and your mod is the only mods i have ingame. I took out all my other mods to see if it works and for some reason it will only show the before pic that you posted.
I have all EP and SP

None of them work for me i tried to put 1 in at a time and all of them at once.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:41 PM
I'm sorry. I have no idea why this won't work for you. I have tested it with various configurations, including all EPs and SPs except for the Store Edition.

Have you tried Marvin Kosh's solutions (links in the first post)?
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 2:54 PM Last edited by waynefox3 : 1st Nov 2010 at 3:05 PM.
I'm sorry. I have no idea why this won't work for you. I have tested it with various configurations, including all EPs and SPs except for the Store Edition.

Have you tried Marvin Kosh's solutions (links in the first post)?

Yes i tried Marvin Kosh's mods with yours and they are the only mods ingame just the 6 mods and still does not work.
I just get the 1 Downtown and 1 Bluewater sub hood to add.
Win 7
4gb ram
750 Gb hard drive
All EP and SP

I would still like the have this mod it sound GREAT.
(Is there any other steps that need to be taken besides just putting your mods in.)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:36 PM
Marvin's mods conflict with mine. You'll either want his or mine. When you say that there is only 1 Downtown and 1 Bluewater subhood to add, I assume that you mean that you are still seeing the single large button.

No other steps. I just add the mods to my Downloads folder and they work. I honestly don't know why they aren't working for you. Can I assume that all other mods and CC work for you?

My only other suggestion is to take this to the Sims 2 Help forum. More people read that forum than this thread, so someone else may have some ideas.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:52 PM
Marvin's mods conflict with mine. You'll either want his or mine. When you say that there is only 1 Downtown and 1 Bluewater subhood to add, I assume that you mean that you are still seeing the single large button.

No other steps. I just add the mods to my Downloads folder and they work. I honestly don't know why they aren't working for you. Can I assume that all other mods and CC work for you?

My only other suggestion is to take this to the Sims 2 Help forum. More people read that forum than this thread, so someone else may have some ideas.

Yes any and all CC shows up and work.
I tried it with and with out Marvin's mods and tried 1 at a time.
Could you reupload the mods so i can download again and see if that works.
Thank you.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by waynefox3
Could you reupload the mods so i can download again and see if that works.
No need. I downloaded and did a binary compare and they are exactly the same as what I have on my disk.
Page 1 of 3