Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater"

by ejnarts1 Posted 4th Oct 2010 at 9:18 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2010 at 7:48 AM by ejnarts1

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 1:12 AM
Totally Wicked! This house is on my list of FLW houses for my Simtopia project! Great presentation ejnarts1! I totally love how you've captured the spirit of the design! Yeah...there are some who don't like to give FLW his props for the sheer magnitude and diversity of his designs...but I find viewing his houses and commercial buildings quite inspiring! I shall take a stroll through your version now! Thanks for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:58 AM
I've visited "Fallingwater" 4 times, once in each season, and you've captured the feeling of the home beautifully. This is probably my favorite of Wright's creations. Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:40 PM
Wonderful Eric :-)

Quite a building and laandscaping feat.

A stunning testement you your paitience and perserverance as well as Mr Llyod Wright's vision.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 3:23 AM
I 2nd what Kat said it is brilliant and after taking a look at the original pics u get more of an appreciation of your build
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:30 AM
Wow! I am so impressed, with not only the lot and house design, but the CC's made by Stonetower. If only Sims2 wasn't so limited in construction options, you could've created the exact replica of Falling Water. Thanks for this. It's very inspiring.
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:01 AM
Wow this is a great recreation! Well done!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:27 PM
Really really lovin it
Just stunning.

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 3:38 PM
So impressive! You did a super job on an incredibly hard house to build.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 4:23 AM
Nice job on recreating a Frank Lloyd Wright house. I did see someone on a Food Network challenge make this house out of gingerbread and I think the person won too despite one little mistake so I could definitely see what you did here in a 'recreate a real house in the Sims' type Mod The Sims challenge or contest.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:13 PM
Absolutely Stunning ! The Plan, the Landscape, the lines of the walls and the windows,.. everything is stunning.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 3:18 AM
How did I miss this? :O You did an awesome job on this house, it looks great!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:10 PM
It looks okay but it's missing a quality...It looks more like a model than a house...I could PROBABLY make a better looking "house slightly over moving water" in Sims 2 than this one that looks like it was made out of legos...

Though I will congratulate you on having the patience to attempt to remake a famous house...I will not remake a FLW house but I will make a variation on Fallingwater (Called Stillwater) and attempt to make a better looking house than your model...

It does not matter whether I win or lose, only the beauty of architecture matters.

If you would like, you may attempt to make a better house yourself and I will consider that the house to compare mine to. Good Luck.

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 11:25 PM
This is absolutely incredible! I cannot thank you enough!!
I visited Fallingwater recently and was astounded by its beauty. I jokingly searched for it on here today, not expecting that anyone would have the time and capability to make a model of it, and I was shocked to find this. The resemblance is remarkable and I am so pleased! I'm going to download it right away! Thank you so much. (: