Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Doug, The Ghost Hunter

by The Path Of Nevermore Posted 5th Oct 2010 at 8:09 AM - Updated 6th May 2013 at 3:28 PM by Astraea Nevermore

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:49 AM
Mmmm, me likey. Somehow his looks remind me of like Tarzan gone heavy (in the most positive way!) :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:14 AM
He's great. Not your every day character and absolutely goregous. Just one thing that confused me...
"Not a celebrity sim"

You've really never seen this guy before?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:08 PM
He is amazing!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:47 PM
Mmm, tasty-looking guy, nice work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 1:39 PM
He's gorgeous! Hunkerrific :lovestruc:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:08 PM
Do you need to download all the custom content for him to work in game???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:29 PM
does cc included or I have to download by my own?? btw this one looks awesome...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:33 PM
His mustache and beard are not showing up on my game, which option/CC did you use?

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
omg is he delicious..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jarah147
He's great. Not your every day character and absolutely goregous. Just one thing that confused me...
"Not a celebrity sim"

You've really never seen this guy before?

LOL, Nicholas Rogers!!! I absolutely love that guy! :lovestruc He's been a crush of mine even since I was a kid, and I'll admit I also made a sim version of him in my game XD
Never thought of the similarities between these two, though, haha! Probably made Doug like that without even noticing

Quote: Originally posted by happybunny15
Do you need to download all the custom content for him to work in game???

Well, if you want him to look exactly like in the screenshot, yes. However, if you don't download everything, the game will just replace the missing items with whatever you have =)
I strongly recommend you to install at least the skintone/non default skintone mod, though, otherwise he'll show up with black skin in game! Also, if you don't want to install the slider hacks... don't try to edit his features in CAS, or the hacked values will snap back to default ones and the sim may look really weird!

Quote: Originally posted by gondrong
does cc included or I have to download by my own?? btw this one looks awesome...

Nope, the CC is not included, you'll have to download it by yourself!
Thanks, btw!

Quote: Originally posted by Foxen
His mustache and beard are not showing up on my game, which option/CC did you use?

Aaaw, my bad, I forgot to add a link for the beard, sorry! It's by bocboc256 and can be found here.
Added the link to the main post, too, sorry again!

Aaaaaaand... huge thanks everyone for the very nice comments! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
LOL, Nicholas Rogers!!! I absolutely love that guy! :lovestruc He's been a crush of mine even since I was a kid, and I'll admit I also made a sim version of him in my game XD
Never thought of the similarities between these two, though, haha! Probably made Doug like that without even noticing

I'm kinda relieved too hear you know him. Would've been hilarious but also deeply disturbing if you made this sim without ever seeing Nicholas Rogers.

I also know him from my childhood. Let me guess. Tarabas? The first time I saw PF I was actually young enough to not even realize how hot he was. Still liked him better than that prince though
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:52 PM
Douglas actually reminds me of my former son-in-law. He made some of the same expressions, had the same hairstyle and beard. It's uncanny! Usually a nice guy, but also a loser! Thanks for sharing this character!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 5:28 AM
he looks like Rustle Brant(brand?) lol
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 3:53 PM
OMG, he is sooooo very good looking!
Congratulations!
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120
he looks like Rustle Brant(brand?) lol
You mean Russell Brand. I love Russell, he's cool. And you're right, this guy does look like him!

Anyway, shouldn't you also add the icon of some of the items and jobs being from Ambitions; that you'll need that for the guy to also work correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jarah147
I'm kinda relieved too hear you know him. Would've been hilarious but also deeply disturbing if you made this sim without ever seeing Nicholas Rogers.

I also know him from my childhood. Let me guess. Tarabas? The first time I saw PF I was actually young enough to not even realize how hot he was. Still liked him better than that prince though

Hahah, yep! I did discover him as Tarabas! And same here, I liked him more than the other guy, hahah!

Thanks to all the others! Would you believe me if I say that I had no idea of who is Russell Brand 'till five seconds ago, though?

As for adding the icon for Ambitions... I didn't originally think about it, as the sim itself should work fine with base game. What I mean is... I didn't give him any other item from Ambitions that could affect the way he will look in game for people who don't have that expansion pack
Obviously, for people without Ambitions, he wouldn't have the "eccentric" trait and he couldn't join the ghost hunter career, but that was just part of the background story I gave him... everyone is free to change that story and play him in any other way. If that's gonna be a problem, though, I'm going to add the Ambitions icon .____.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:42 PM
He's amazing! He has so much character, I love him. Thank you so much. My me sim's hubby just died (I plea the fifth) and I think this may be her new man. Great job!
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 7:57 PM
Hi,this may sound stupid, but where do I save him? i don't remember what I have to do.

Put things off for a day, next thing you know it's a hundred years later!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by king_kahn20911
Hi,this may sound stupid, but where do I save him? i don't remember what I have to do.

Put the sim file in SavedSims folder, found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 3:26 PM
he is HOT thanks hun
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:58 AM
Put dreadlocks on him and he'll also look like Ronon Dex from Stargate Atlantis. :D

I'll definately be back to download him but don't have time to hunt down all that CC right now.

One question, he WILL work without the slider hack unless I try to edit him in CAS, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 11:08 PM
WOW!!!! Wicked... although I have no clue who Doug is... he reminds me a bit of Jack Sparrow ... as if it is his brother... eveil twin... sexy for sure.... LOVE HIM!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 9:03 AM
He can haz cute. XD
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:47 PM
Very charismatic sim, well done.
Page 1 of 3