Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 1034 (Who?), Viewed: 169837 times.
Page 42 of 42
Instructor
Original Poster
#1026 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvi-sama
HELP

I don't know who my heir is...

I love it.

It depends: is this for a fortune (an estate, money), or for a fief?

If it is for a fortune/estate: Richard inherited all of Marcus's fortune already, right? So the next heir is Corinna (the first legitimate daughter), then Shanna (even though she is eldest). If Richard chose to recognize her, she has inheritance rights to a fortune, but cannot be named heiress to a fief or inherit an estate without having been fully & legitimately adopted, with the fees paid for her to be eligible to succeed to the title(s) conferred (see Table 60, p. 82). She does not have the full legal status that her sister has unless she was legitimately adopted: recognized is not enough.

If it is for a fief, then Jonathan is first, then Corinna, then Shanna. For the same reasons given above. Jonathan would have a right to his father's fief before his brother's daughters--if Richard had a son, that would all be different.

Great story.
Forum Resident
#1027 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:57 AM.
Hey, Have a new question regarding Favor Point and Royal Appointments which I can't figure out.

After I couple of trials of playing the challenge, I finally grasped how to calculated favor points (although, I simplified some of them and rounded them up for easier counting, such as 5-25 points more or less shouldn't ruin the system too much, right? ;-) ), but the aspect of the challenge to a sim getting ahead were a bit confusing to understand, particularly the lower ranks, as many of my peasants seems to gathering points quickly from the behavior/outcome table, but there is also notes about NOT peasants shouldn't rise above their class.

An example: Several of my male peasants farmers has 520 RFP and 2000 CFP (well 1800, but they is almost there) and ca:40 points in education scores (mostly from skills/badges), but regarding education level and appointments, how far can these sims get ahead in Education and Appointments when it comes their favor points.

Although this sims could get to level 7 in education (2000) through royal points with 6 less in education skills - Does it matter when it reversed, if a sim has LESS RFP than required at that level, lets say 1200, such as would this sim still be promoted to rank 7 or would they be stuck at 30 if they don't have suffient RFP? Basically, does a sim need both Education and CFP to get a certain career level? (Just examples as I probably wouldn't want the lowest ranks advance that much, but I do use low pay Custom careers for services and farmers).

Then there are Table 67 about the "earn royal appointment" - how does this one work when it comes to getting ahead? Can peasant sim with 500 points take a gentry appointments such as going from rank 2 to 6 (if other criteria's are met) or did I missunderstand something about usages of royal favor points?
Test Subject
#1028 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3g7e
Great story.

Thanks to you and your rules

Marcus is still alive. Therefore I will have him legally adopt Jonathan and we'll need a different solution for Shanna... Thank gods her granddad loves her so much

Thank you!
Inventor
#1029 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 3:10 AM
Well, my computer died last Friday, and it looks like it might have taken my Warwickshire save with it. I'm not sure whether it did or not, and if it did, I'm not sure when I'll get up the time to make another. I do want to eventually, though, since it was a lot of fun to build that save!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Instructor
#1030 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 25th Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM.
So, I've been writing (a lot). I just can't find the time (or the inspiration) to take the pictures for those chapters, but I'm really trying.
Here's a little spoiler for a future chapter. I won't say too much, just that he's Alleken estranged husband, Gregory.

EDIT There's a small new chapter posted I promise to come back with more.

♕ Interlude ♔
"We accept the love we think we deserve."

"You know ... I think you were right."
"Well, I am right about many things, but I have an awful inclination of making the worst decisions when it comes to my own issues. What are you referring to?"
Read more...

EDIT Guess what! Now that the semester's over and I finally took a pause from all the studying (who would have imagined all this doctoring stuff would be so complicated? ), I seem to have found my inspiration. Two chapters in a day! This time, more about the friendship between Alleken and her sister-in-law, Agnes. Nothing major here, just more pictures, but I promise that the next chapter will have more action.

♕ Interlude II ♔
"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story."

"You should consider coming with us this evening, you know? It's only a dinner organized by a Viscount. And his wife is a very good friend of mine, she wouldn't mind you joining us at all. She is quite an original character, so I think she would be rather delighted to have you among us. It would make everything much less dull, for sure. I don't think I can stand one more of the Viscount's anecdotes about his early days."
Read more...
Test Subject
#1031 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 8:32 PM
Wow, Lady Scarlet, the pictures are awesome as always! Great story

My King died! Juhuu XD
Now the king's brother is regent, happily marrying his niece to his son and the queen can finally leave the convent to be with her daughter and future grandchildren <3 <3 I'm sooooooo pleased!

(But just to keep things a little interesting in the future... there is a royal bastard hidden away somewhere... )
Instructor
#1032 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
Yvi-sama, thank you! I wasn't exactly happy with how the pictures turned out and I had to change them a couple of times (and then I discovered that I made a mistake in the last post *hint* it has to do with the last 3 pictures), but I'm glad you like them.

Wow, I can't wait for my King to die! His heir is totally unprepared to rule and his health isn't great at all, but the Crown Prince's heir looks very promising (he's in great health and quite handsome too).
I'm happy to hear about your queen. What happened to her? Why was she in the convent? For me, the Crown Prince's spouse, the future Queen is quite dull I really need more drama in my royal family!
Have I mentioned before how I love royal bastards? They make everything so dramatic! My game is full of them too, unfortunately they have no idea who their father is )
Test Subject
#1033 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarlet
I'm happy to hear about your queen. What happened to her? Why was she in the convent? For me, the Crown Prince's spouse, the future Queen is quite dull I really need more drama in my royal family!
Have I mentioned before how I love royal bastards? They make everything so dramatic! My game is full of them too, unfortunately they have no idea who their father is )

She "dared" to have only one sick, shortlived son and too many miscarriages, which made her daughter the only heir to the throne. To escape the king's wrath, she locked herself away in the convent, having to leave her child for over 10 years The king tried to have bastards with his mistress (whom he really loved, so sad), but the sons all died and the little girl (daughter of a housemaid) is the only child surviving infancy.

Royal Drama is the best
Instructor
#1034 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvi-sama
She "dared" to have only one sick, shortlived son and too many miscarriages, which made her daughter the only heir to the throne. To escape the king's wrath, she locked herself away in the convent, having to leave her child for over 10 years The king tried to have bastards with his mistress (whom he really loved, so sad), but the sons all died and the little girl (daughter of a housemaid) is the only child surviving infancy.

Royal Drama is the best

Uuu, that sounds like my kind of drama! <3 I've had a problem like that in my royal family too, but, fortunately for the Crown Prince's wife, in the end she gave birth to a (very) healthy son. First, she gave birth to a stillborn son, then she had two daughters who were sent to live with their aunt (too many female members in the royal family and right now there's no use for them; might find something for them later or I might simply keep them to raise their brothers' children), then she miscarried twin boys, then she gave birth to the heir. Another pregnancy might be her death sentence, but in these circumstances there's really no need for a spare.
Bastards with his mistress? Well, that sounds interesting. Would he have legitimized such a bastard? Your situation reminds me a lot of Henry VIII, but with less wives I can't wait for something like that to happen in my kingdom!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1035 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:18 AM
Great stories, as always Lady Scarlet. Beautiful pictures, too. Indeed, royal drama is quite delicious. For now, I shall have to settle for ducal drama, but it is not so bad either. I wish I had the time and inspiration to write, but I am always busy with some other thing. Maybe this summer, I will.
That picture of Alleken's husband really has me wondering. I hope you'll tell us what has befallen him soon.
Page 42 of 42