Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 835 (Who?), Viewed: 123285 times.
Page 34 of 34
Test Subject
#826 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:07 AM
M3: I'll try to share pics! I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, haha!
Test Subject
#827 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 6:58 AM
Yup, that's pretty much right With a Success of 3 and Intelligence 1, his base points are 3, same as his wife. So that gives them a total of six. Subtract 5 for Gregory's motivation, and add 4 for his wife, leaving the family a total of 5 Resource Points. For a farmer I'd implement that by giving the family only 5 garden squares, but another idea is to keep the 20 plots and only let the family care for the garden a set amount of time each day.

In the past I've only tested the system with a couple of households, never a full neighbourhood, so I am totally open to any suggestions you might have for improvement
Test Subject
#828 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 8:21 PM
So another question. If a royal were to fall in love and marry a noble, SHE would take HER husband's status, right?
Like if Royal A married Lord B, she'd lose her status as queen and become Lady B, right?
What would be the punishment? I looked at the rules, but I'm having a slow moment and I don't see anything regarding it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#829 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 11:09 PM
There is no punishment, if all is sanctioned and aboveboard. And yes, a princess would become a duchess if she married a duke. But that might be exactly what would be right--there are usually not enough princes to go round for all those princesses
Forum Resident
#830 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3g7e
She will have whatever rank and title her father wishes to bestow upon her. It really depends upon how magnanimous he is. I understand, for example, that King Henry was very enamored with his bastard Henry Fitzroy, so he conferred upon him a double duchy to make sure that there was no doubt about this boy's status and the fact that he was his father. Still, not all monarchs are so gracious especially when the illegitimate child is a daughter and there is already an heir produced. Let us know what you decide.

I've decided that I'll put her in the lower end of the gentry.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has started!

PM me if you want to add me on Simport!
Test Subject
#831 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Yvi-sama : 20th Dec 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDuckie
I've decided that I'll put her in the lower end of the gentry.

Huhu^.^

I actually used a lower marriage as punishment for one of the princess' She was actually going to marry her royal cousin but then slept with a member of the gentry. The man's luck was that he was like a brother to the king (princess' half-brother) who didn't like her very much End of story: Princess had to go to convent and marry the gentry member, while her fiance-to-be married her sister

I feel like such a low marriage is - story-wise- punishment enough. Just imagine the humiliation and loss of prestige and comfort

PS: the routation is almost finished And I decided to run my own finishing schools and universities within the neighborhood. Never really liked the university add-on I wrote down which skillpoints they'd need and play accordingly. There was just too much mixup with the ages last time

Edit: I started the next round and came across several interesting situations: First I dislike royal healers, just no fun if there is not the smallest chance of a negative outcome... well, personal opinon.

Then I played a serf family... Wow! First one of my fav (and oldest) sim of the hood died His son (Joseph) lost his wife the same day (stroke loved her too) and he arranged a marriage for his son (Brian). Just after the first child was born Joseph started an affair with Brian's wife Now the son hates his father and wants to divorce his wife, but Joseph wont allow it. Now the girl (Sarina) will spent one season in a convent and Brian the same time in a monastry Maybe the hate between all parties will calm down. The person I feel most sad for is Lizzy, Joseph's mother. She lost her husband, her daughter-in-law, hates her son, her grandson and his wife... All happened within one round and is pretty hard for a family sim

I can't wait to play this family again I think Brian will divorce Sarina even if it'sagainst his father's wishes and thenwill be disowned as heir I am evil
Test Subject
DELETED POST
20th Dec 2014 at 2:56 PM
This message has been deleted by meginmd.
Test Subject
#832 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3g7e
There is no punishment, if all is sanctioned and aboveboard. And yes, a princess would become a duchess if she married a duke. But that might be exactly what would be right--there are usually not enough princes to go round for all those princesses

Awesome
I should have my first chapter up sometime today.
Instructor
Original Poster
#833 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:24 PM
OMG How did I miss this post Yvi-Sama? This is too, too amazing. Wow. I love the family drama and your perspective on it. It would be awesome to have a photo essay of this with your comments thrown in. I laughed out loud just reading about it.
On another note, I'm kinda with you on the Royal Physicians. After seeing several documentaries on royal and hereditary diseases, I'm starting to think those royal physicians are a bit too skilled. Mayhap there should be some things they do have trouble with ... and also, some practices that do not ride so easy on their patients (devilish plotting ....), but that will have to wait. I think, however, it would be interesting to add a few "mystery" diseases, i.e. ones we know about now, but that puzzled doctors in the past. In one of the docu's I saw, there has been quite a lot of research into King George's "madness" and now scientists believe he probably had undiagnosed porphyria, and was not insane at all. His doctors just literally drove him crazy with all the stuff they did which did NOT help. Poor guy. Poor docs.

Meginmd, sounds great! Looking forward to seeing your first chapter.
Test Subject
#834 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:12 PM
M3: How hard and fast are these rules? For example, thanks to ACR, I now have a storyline I didn't see myself having. When something similar happened in the 16th century, the fallout wasn't bad; just hurt feelings and anger. Can I "use" punishment as I see fit?
Instructor
Original Poster
#835 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 10:35 PM
There are all sorts of ways to work out what happens ... what do you mean? which rules?
Test Subject
#836 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
Okay, here is my first chapter :-/

http://wws-royalty23.livejournal.com/549.html
Page 34 of 34

Section jump