Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 710 (Who?), Viewed: 108135 times.
Page 29 of 29
Lab Assistant
#701 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 2:52 PM
I'm getting back in the swing of things and have updated the Peasants page with some more families. I'm almost done with Dilstone Viscounty, and then I need to set up the other Viscounty and the main neighborhood (Duchy of Gyfford) will be done! And then it's time to reveal the neighborhood in pictures and some broad-stroke backstory, instead of simply introducing the sims living there.

In the mean time, I'm thinking of maybe doing more than the two storylines I introduced in the prologue. Right now, I'll be showing the King's efforts at rebuilding and securing his kingdom, as well as the original challenge storyline of the serf Appletree and his descendants trying to rise to the top. The king's story is set in the mainn neighborhood, and will involve a lesser storyline centered around the Royal Nanny Thea Chase. The serf's storyline will be set in the subneighborhood (so the other Duchy). I'm thinking of adding two more storylines - one of a merchant in the main neighborhood who's a widower with three daughters - meaning no heir for his business and lots of trouble finding good husbands for his daughters, set in the main neighborhood. The other storyline would be a trader (merchant class) living in the subneighborhood who travels to the Far East (vacation neighborhood) for his job and falls in love with a foreign girl.

But maybe four storylines would be too much for readers to keep straight? On the other hand, two storylines (only one per neighborhood) might be too little... What do you guys think?
Instructor
Original Poster
#702 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM
Samantha_kathy, I am intrigued by all of the storylines you've previewed here--I think you should indulge us with all of them!!!
I suspect that somehow these will all be related threads of a single narrative at some point in the future, so trust your instincts and write it as it comes. Truthfully, when it comes to storytelling, I have found it is best just to let it develop organically. I have been amazed by how two or even three seemingly disparate tales get interwoven over the course of a neighborhood simply by the random generator having a sim walk by and spark some new connection I would have never seen coming. Connections! (me loves, loves, LOVES, 'em!) This is the main reason why I love imaginative fiction anyway--like all of Dickens' novels ... they don't look like a mystery at first, but then totally random coincidences bring things together in an unbelievable way by the end of the novel, or like that awesome TV show Lost (which did start to fall apart at the end--sadful), or my new fave Once Upon a Time (same producers as Lost).

Can't wait to see what happens! :P
Space Pony
#703 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 25th Mar 2014 at 4:02 PM.
M3g7e! I know it's not related to this topic, but I just had to post this (and I will actually try to relate it to the game somehow). It's just that ... I've recently discovered this TV series that you've mentioned, Once Upon a Time (I saw an episode on TV yesterday, I googled it and I fell in love with the story). And it's currently my favourite series (because the third season of Call the Midwife is over and there are still two more weeks until the fourth season of Game of Thrones will premiere, so I think there will be enough time for me to catch up on those three seasons of Once Upon a Time).
I've only seen ... 7 episodes (and the seventh episode is so sad that I can't just stop here XD I have to see more ... even if it will break my heart if something like this happens again) XD
Aaaand ... I've got some new ideas to incorporate into my neighbourhood ^^ 'Cause fairytales are just amazing and a great source of inspiration Maybe an evil queen .... Or a short photo shoot with some of the characters from my neighbourhood (and Alleken's stories) as modern people.
Lab Assistant
#704 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarlet
M3g7e! I know it's not related to this topic, but I just had to post this (and I will actually try to relate it to the game somehow). It's just that ... I've recently discovered this TV series that you've mentioned, Once Upon a Time (I saw an episode on TV yesterday, I googled it and I fell in love with the story). And it's currently my favourite series (because the third season of Call the Midwife is over and there are still two more weeks until the fourth season of Game of Thrones will premiere, so I think there will be enough time for me to catch up on those three seasons of Once Upon a Time).
I've only seen ... 7 episodes (and the seventh episode is so sad that I can't just stop here XD I have to see more ... even if it will break my heart if something like this happens again) XD
Aaaand ... I've got some new ideas to incorporate into my neighbourhood ^^ 'Cause fairytales are just amazing and a great source of inspiration Maybe an evil queen .... Or a short photo shoot with some of the characters from my neighbourhood (and Alleken's stories) as modern people :p

hell yeah OUAT rocks

I walk in and everything's on fire! Can't you people cook a grilled cheese without destroying the whole house?!
Lab Assistant
#705 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhee0829
hell yeah OUAT rocks

*claps hands over ears* Lalalalala - I'm not listening to anything about OUAT. I've already got 5 series I'm fighting to keep up with, I do NOT need another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3g7e
Samantha_kathy, I am intrigued by all of the storylines you've previewed here--I think you should indulge us with all of them!!!
I suspect that somehow these will all be related threads of a single narrative at some point in the future, so trust your instincts and write it as it comes. Truthfully, when it comes to storytelling, I have found it is best just to let it develop organically. I have been amazed by how two or even three seemingly disparate tales get interwoven over the course of a neighborhood simply by the random generator having a sim walk by and spark some new connection I would have never seen coming. Connections! (me loves, loves, LOVES, 'em!) This is the main reason why I love imaginative fiction anyway--like all of Dickens' novels ... they don't look like a mystery at first, but then totally random coincidences bring things together in an unbelievable way by the end of the novel, or like that awesome TV show Lost (which did start to fall apart at the end--sadful), or my new fave Once Upon a Time (same producers as Lost).

Can't wait to see what happens! :P

I'll be writing all of them. I'm probably going to write another prologue (so...prologue part 2, or maybe just prologue 2 ) Anyway, I'll be writing them all.

And an entirely unrelated question - does anyone know of crowns (for men and women) that can be worn as jewelry. All the crowns I've been able to find on MTS that look nice are like hats - they come with hair attached. I'd like them as an accessory that I can add to whatever hair the king/queen has.
Instructor
Original Poster
#706 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 2:05 AM
Lady Scarlet, I am so thrilled to hear that you've been watching OUAT! It is my latest favorite show. Although I am late to the party on Supernatural (just started it), I am growing to like it very much. But OUAT is really more like what I normally like best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_kathy
*claps hands over ears* Lalalalala - I'm not listening to anything about OUAT. I've already got 5 series I'm fighting to keep up with, I do NOT need another one.

Samantha_kathy, I hear ya--it is a labor of love to keep up with all of the awesome. You have to work for it. I hate to make it harder for you, but I just can't resist one There . There. That's all. **rolls eyes, looks at ground**

Quote:
Anyway, I'll be writing them all.

Yays! I'm glad you've decided to indulge us with all of them!

Quote:
And an entirely unrelated question - does anyone know of crowns (for men and women) that can be worn as jewelry. All the crowns I've been able to find on MTS that look nice are like hats - they come with hair attached. I'd like them as an accessory that I can add to whatever hair the king/queen has.

Indeed I do! Try these ! Or these . Or these . And of course you'll want these for when your monarchs need to rest their poor little heads from supporting all that awesome! While you're at it, you should also check out Wawa's jewelry set.
Lab Assistant
#707 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3g7e
Samantha_kathy, I hear ya--it is a labor of love to keep up with all of the awesome. You have to work for it. I hate to make it harder for you, but I just can't resist one There . There. That's all. **rolls eyes, looks at ground**

Indeed I do! Try these ! Or these . Or these . And of course you'll want these for when your monarchs need to rest their poor little heads from supporting all that awesome! While you're at it, you should also check out Wawa's jewelry set.

Luckily, I can happily look at pictures of Hook without feeling the urge to watch the series

And thanks for the links - exactly what I was looking for!
Space Pony
#708 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 11:35 AM
I'm back! Again ^^ And I'm not coming empty handed this time. I managed to drag along with me the last chapter of my story (you know ... the one I had writted for ... a month already, but I was too lazy to take the pictures XD yeah, that one ^^" ). Here it is! ^^

The other side

“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that he was alive.”

I was 23 when I knew lust and desire. And more than everything, infatuation. My only fault was that I mistook it for love. It was with someone else but my husband, a man that I could not have, someone that I should not have loved, because it was against everything that I took pride in: morality, loyalty and integrity. But who are we to lay down the law to our hearts?
Read more ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#709 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:34 PM
But .... I want more ... Lady Scarlet, this last installment is amazing. Wow. I absolutely love Alleken and her story. Is that the Duke she is with there? Or am I imagining this? I really love how Alleken's character has grown. I can't wait to hear more. Every time you post a new installment, I just fall in love with her more. :
Space Pony
#710 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 10:00 AM
M3g7e, I'm so happy you read (and liked) this last chapter! ^^ Every kind word really motivates me to keep writing. I'm also happy that you like Alleken too, because I was a afraid that because she keeps making mistakes (she doesn't love her husband, she often disobeys him and now this - she cheated on him) , people won't like her as much as I do (I like to believe that she acts like a normal human being; she is a good person, but she makes mistakes and she doesn't always learn from them).
About that mysterious man ... no, he is not the Duke, he is the Duke's younger brother (and also his mortal enemy), the Marquis (his name is Letholdus, if I remember correctly). He appeared in Chapter III (Too stubborn to admit it), where Alleken saved his three children and he repaied her by offering her a pair of pearl earrings (that, by the way, touched off another argument between Alleken and her husband). The two of them met again during the war.
Lab Assistant
#711 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 10:46 AM
Well, I always glad to read your strories, people. And I tried to create another web page about Warwick , but it hasn't pictures, dut i will do it soon. I wrote something like first chapter http://simskingdom.weebly.com/
Page 29 of 29

Section jump