Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 3949 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:42 PM
Default Taking my huge empire to another town.
So I've been playing with my latest Sims game for quite a while now, and seeing that I've come to really appreciate the (ridiculously good-looking) families I've been playing, I would prefer to use them in the new town that'll be introduced with Late Night (rather than start afresh).

My question is this: is there a way to get all my Sims into a new town WITHOUT losing their relationships with each other? Frankly, I wouldn't really let it bother me, but it can be especially creepy when two happily married sisters start getting frisky with each other.
Advertisement
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer
#2 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:46 PM
That is why I really wish there was an *option* to have add-on hoods. Not like in Sims2, where the addon hoods worked in special ways they wouldn't as standalone hoods, but just so the same story can continue across diverse locations.

Anyway, this might help you http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3816.0

simlogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 7:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maz89
So I've been playing with my latest Sims game for quite a while now, and seeing that I've come to really appreciate the (ridiculously good-looking) families I've been playing, I would prefer to use them in the new town that'll be introduced with Late Night (rather than start afresh).

My question is this: is there a way to get all my Sims into a new town WITHOUT losing their relationships with each other? Frankly, I wouldn't really let it bother me, but it can be especially creepy when two happily married sisters start getting frisky with each other.

The only way I know requires Pescado's AwesomeMod. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html
There is the option "AllowOverstuffedHouses" which allows you to move more than 8 Sims in a lot. What I did was to move all the blood-related families in a single house, save the family with the lot in the bin and then move them from Sunset Valley to Riverview, where I split them again in different households.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:46 AM
Both work perfectly but if you have some dead people in your familytree and you don't want to revive them all to add into your lot, then I recommend the porter mod (since it will take even the dead ones with you so they will remain in the family tree)

Bloodyhell!
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:49 AM
My family did not revive Leighton Sekemoto's mother, neither they took her grave with them, and she still shows in Leighton's family tree.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalia
My family did not revive Leighton Sekemoto's mother, neither they took her grave with them, and she still shows in Leighton's family tree.

Really, oh well maybe awesomemod works for this matter as perfectly too.

Bloodyhell!
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 1:14 PM
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 2:45 PM
Twallan makes Porter, as linked above. It's a fantastic mod.

I moved four main families (from four different games in three towns), and kith and kin from the towns they lived in, to populate NekoCat's fantastic Venice Lagoon World.

If you decide to use Porter, post again here and I can make some suggestions that are not immediately apparent. I Porter'd three times to get my families just the way I want.

The good news is that family trees remain intact, as do relationships. The less-than-good-news is that it was not a "drag and drop" procedure.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
I wish when my sims decide to move "out of town" there is a town I can go visit them in like TB, RV if they're coming from SV. I'd love to see that functionality.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:05 PM
Thanks for the help guys. By using Twallan's mod, I was able to successfully shift my Sims from Twinbrook to Bridgeport.

Jazinga, I'm seeing your post now (unfortunately). I would have gladly taken any suggestions, since it didn't take me any less than three tries to finally get it right. It's not difficult to use (the mod), but it's not that simple either. For example, I was facing this issue where the family tree of one Sim did not show up in the new town (Bridgetown). I went back to the original town to see that it was showing up there perfectly, but the graves of the dead Sims weren't on the lot. So I got 'em from the graveyard and plopped 'em on the lot, and had to do the porter thing again. And that appeared to solve the problem.

Section jump