Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 8:17 AM
zumppe, but that's the good thing at TS2! Aging! Well, one of them. If I didn't want aging, I'd go back to TS1 (which I'll never do, but still). And about my grandmas... not really "chic".

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCreeper
zumppe, but that's the good thing at TS2! Aging! Well, one of them. If I didn't want aging, I'd go back to TS1 (which I'll never do, but still).

There's a lot more to TS2 than just the aging, in comparison to TS1. I would never play TS1.

Anywho, I play *myself* (=my self sim), and her family and friends (not RL ones, all "fictional"), so I play with aging off. She is ME, so she is and stays my age, and so do her friends etc. I don't use TS2 as "a game", I use it as a "Second Life".
Scholar
#28 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zumppe
I play with aging off, and none of my sims ever grow old. The elders are the only life stage I don't play at all, since I find the Sim elders really horrible: the way they walk, cough (what's with that??), the hunched backs... seriously, you gotta be at least like 90 to look and act like the Sim elders, not 50 and up or whatever they're supposed to be (although 50-60 is not "elder" yet, IMO). NONE of the elders I know IRL are slow, baggy, coughing freaks. And what's with the butt ugly clothes?! My grandma is like the most chic lady I know. <3 Grr.

That is the problem with the way the elders are designed in the game. In fact I used a mesh to keep elders from sagging etc... Unfornately it only worked for maxis gear, yuck!! Then I found some awesome elder CC and started using that. After that I did mind the elders so much.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I dunno, I wouldn't turn down Sean Connery for instance.

I wouldn't turn Sean Connery or Michael Caine down either.

Regarding elder Sims, my Shangri-La style 'hood does not have many of them, but I know that once I get attached and care deeply for one of my Sims this love does not disappear into the thin air once he/she becomes an elder. Hell, I even like the ones who did not matter too much to me and whom I let become elders a little too soon.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
The elder hate is ridiculous. My legacy founder couple is slowly on their way off the mortal coil and I'm totally bummed. Their heir and her family live with them in the main house and its great having them there. No maid, incompetent nanny or butler are needed. All the young people and children skill faster because their elders can train them in hobbies and impart knowledge.

The matriarch bonded with her son-in-law as they share a hobby of gardening and love nature. She also helped him train with the punching bag so he got promoted faster and is that much closer to achieving his lifetime want thanks to mom. The husband Kent has a computer right outside the nursery so he can write and check on the kids as needed. Also since both elders are perma-plat they can always use any aspiration rewards, the toddlers in this house only drink smart milk whether they need it or not. And since they have lots of friends no one actually needs to make friends to get promoted.

And since I let them quit their jobs they have tons of free time to devote to their hobbies, hubby has written about six novels, and the wife is like a master painter at this point plus they still have time make out and flirt with each other it's awesome I love my elder couple.

Although you definitely need to find good CC for your elders the maxis crap is terrible.

Hey, get the buyable Drink of Life for your Founder couple! I got it to use for some elders I really like in my game, and had them drink a few times to bring them back to the beginning of their elder stage. A drink a day after that keeps them at the beginning of the elder stage, so you don't have to lose them!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:55 PM
I say:
Invite him into yer home...
Charm him...
Get the money...
Kill him >:D
Call the matchmaker again...
Let her frown her head in your horrible "luck"...
Problem solved (or so I hope).
Page 2 of 2