Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 4240 times.
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 1:51 PM
Why do people on youtube beg you to suscribe?
This is getting pretty annoying!Everytime i go on a youtube vid,there's always something like 'comment,rate 5 stars and suscribe' which i find pointless,why would you upload a video,even a stupid one and tell people to rate 5 stars And yesterday i got 3 PM's on youtube telling me,not asking me,telling me to watch their video and suscribe...I simply told them to fuck off and that me suscribing to you won't make your penis bigger...I felt kinda bad but it was getting annoying
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:11 PM
YouTube and Subscriptions is a complicated thing. Because of the sheer amount of people uploading [generally] similar things, you need a way to grab someone's attention - and make sure they don't wander. Also, the More Subscriptions you have, the easier it is for more people to find you. It's a popular thing to ask for subscriptions in the Information Bar (I do it, for instance, with a comment for humorous twist) as a little message. Kind of like the system here when people say "Don't forget to press the Thank Button!" Because, really, who needs to be reminded that they need to push a button thanking them? I'll thank anything I really like, thank you very much. *Ahem* Sometimes people add it to the End - as a sort of "If you got this far, remember to Thank me and/or subscribe" thing, or some can be downright brash and say it at the beginning, or something. It's based about views on TV, for example. There is no point making a TV show which no-one watches, right? So the company makes advertising to get viewers to tune into watch the program, get other members to view, etc. It's a similar principle.
Messaging, though, is <87*% Spam. Check to see if there are hundreds of other Members being sent and just flag for Spam. I find that *quite* disgusting.
It's just a different motive, a slightly rude one, yes, but just different.

Hope that answered your question

* Number is randomly generated by my head and therefore does not reflect true, insanely high, values.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:25 PM
So that's what suscribing does...I just suscribe to people because they ask to On youtube i don't ask for suscribing but here I put the 'don't forget to push the thanks button'.And thats the one i was reffering to...At tthe beginning of the video,they put this thing if front of the video,a clear thing(dunno what its called)telling you,in caps lock to suscribe and it won't go unless you press a button And spam is disgusting,especially the one about getting kissed by a whore >_< And yes it answered my question,thank you
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:32 PM
OK, wow, that sounds really bad. I have never, ever, been in a situation where they, well, force you to subscribe before watching a video.. Can you link me? If you're talking about a Video annotation, then you can turn those off, see HERE. Spam happens everywhere, unfortunately.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:42 PM
I wish i could but i lost it It was a vid of a song and it came up bold saying 'SUSCRIBE SUSCRIBE' ect ect And yes its the annotions,thanks .
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:42 AM
Well basically if you subscribe and you have an account, you will see thier videos on your homepage. much subscibers=much attention (Viewers)= very successfull o.o
You have Fred and Shane Dawson and Ray Whilliam Johnson for some examples
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:13 PM
Also, if you have a lot of subsribers (not sure of exact, but probubly >10000) you can become a partner and earn money through the site. Either way, I subscribe if I like the videos, and all the people I am subsribed to, as it happens have never asked in their videos or comments.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 6:28 PM
Subscribing dosen't change anything. It just notifies people on uploading new videos. What's the most important is how many views and favourites there are to a video, and how good a rating most people gave it. Subscribing is not neccessary.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 9:58 PM
Because they want to be appreciated for what they do, I guess.
As a creator in here, you would like people to hit the 'Thanks' button if they like your work, right?

Section jump