Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Efficient Upgrade Name Fix

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 3:48 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 1:06 PM by Buzzler

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:50 PM
Has this been tested with Late Night? I have found several scripting mods that interfere with Late Night.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tmadrk
Has this been tested with Late Night? I have found several scripting mods that interfere with Late Night.
It has been tested with code version 0.2.0.125 and works. This mod is so puny that it didn't get borked by the LN patch.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:53 PM
Glad to see you finally decided to release this to the masses!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:53 AM
This is the first im hearing about solar panels in sims 3 is it in the sims 3 store or comes with the game ?
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skyline220
This is the first im hearing about solar panels in sims 3 is it in the sims 3 store or comes with the game ?
Solar panels and windmills are part of the eco pack(s) from the store.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:54 AM
oh ok cool what would it be listed under home improvement or just eco packs?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:36 PM
It's not found under a Store catagory. It has its own page.
http://gb.store.thesims3.com/renault.html
If that link gives you a 404 when you follow it then try changing your site language between UK or US.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:24 PM
Does this work with Prius version of the ecopack too? (http://store.thesims3.com/prius.html)
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:53 PM
@ac220: I don't see why it wouldn't. This fix doesn't depend on a certain object being present anyway.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:22 PM
Thanks, will try it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:43 PM
Thank you for this! Personally, It was getting on my nerves with the mislabeling!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Nari73 : 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:43 PM.
Generations...
Hi, I have this mod installed. I tried one of the solar panels with Generations and the new update. The solar panel only gives the view option. Unfortunately I did not try it out before I installed the new game + updatye, so I cannot say whether or not it worked for me then (sorry).

06/02/2011 - Thank you for the update!!!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:29 PM
I've been using this little beauty for a while now, and only just discovered something a tad weird. With this mod taken out, when a handy sim upgrades the eco objects, the number of unique upgrades increses by one, but the percentage of unique upgrade does not increase. With the mod installed, the percentage does increase by 3 percent, but no picture or discription of the windmill or solar panal is added to the sim's handiness journal. Is this common, or just unique freakiness on my pc?
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:00 PM
@coolspear1: For reasons that elude me, the devs didn't go to lengths (irony) of adding the needed strings for the skill journal, but blocked the efficiency upgrade from showing up with a hard-coded check. I can just tell you that it's deliberate.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 3:18 AM
hi, I really love this mod and DL it as soon as i saw it. I'm just not sure which section of the game(buy mode) i can find this? can anyone please point it for me. thanks