Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scarab Rejuvenation Bed - FIX

by HugeLunatic Posted 25th Oct 2010 at 10:30 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:20 PM by HugeLunatic

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:13 PM
I have never used this bed because of the fubaredness, but will now though Thanks HL
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:46 PM
Yeah, I haven't really used this bed either because it looked odd. I like the fix. I may use it now.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:56 PM Last edited by gabrielorie : 9th Jan 2011 at 7:51 PM.
Thanks HL,you made this bed useable
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:09 AM
Thanks. Just like everyone else, I never used this due to the fubar-ed textures.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:28 AM
Omg finally! I thought the bed with the sorta cute but the textures... holy crap XD
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:14 AM
Hmm... this fix doesnt work for me. I just get another icon in the directonary without function and the bed is still the same. I've cleared the caches...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:17 AM
And I just uninstalled it yesterday for this exact reason, even though it's been sitting in my game for months.

gak. But this is awesome, I'll go reinstall the bed. hah.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:58 AM
Wicked good fix. Like everyone else has said, now I can maybe use this bed for a change. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:04 AM
Thank you Lunie! I have only used black rubber/plastic for this bed cause I couldn't see the fail that much. Now maybe I can use some nice color, maybe even pastel.

Thank you very much!
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:55 AM
Hah finally a fix for this It's a pretty nice bed, aside from the glitch!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:09 AM
gah! Forgot about my files/saves being decrapped. :/ Sorry about that.

I've added another file that I -think- will work if you installed your sims3pack without using Pescado's decrap. Note that if you have no idea what that is, then get the one that says original.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:31 AM
I checked it out in game now. It looks awesome. Again, Thank you!

Any chance you could work your fixing magic on the botched pieces in the Asian Fusion Set?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:20 AM
I don't understand what the problem is - I have the bed as a Sims3pack file (I've done nothing with the Sims3pack file of it - I didn't decrap it). All I did was downloaded the Explorer's Loot and I thought I'd need your original fix and not the fix for decrapped file. When I got to the game, I couldn't select the bed. When I put the fix in for a decrapped file, the bed showed up twice - my sims3pack file of it which didn't have your fix on it and the other was showing up as CC (it has the folder on it) and I couldn't select it. I don't know what fix I need or where to put it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:19 PM
Just spotted this the other day, I mean come on EA!! :/ I was gonna use this bed for one of my house but not before I said "WTF?!" when I saw the textures!

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 1:11 PM
I just love your 'overviews'! They make me

Your creations ain't bad, either! Thanks for sharing.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:09 PM
Will either version work with the bed in .package format? All my store files are converted to .package files since the launcher tends to crash if it's open for more than a minute.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:23 PM
If we use this fix in a lot we upload here, do we have to include a link to it?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:38 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 27th Oct 2010 at 2:43 AM.
ShortyBoo - I would guess they will work fine with .package files, just download based on whether you decrapped them. If your brave you could try using my resource inside the package and replace it in your .package files. In theory it should work great. In reality, I have not tried it yet.

whoden - It's not required that you link to this fix, but you MUST link to the store bed. I would recommend linking to this because otherwise the downloader will be a bit surprised if there bed looks different than in your pics.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:03 AM
HugeLunatic, I was wondering if you could please help me? You answered ShortyBoo and whoden. I once had package files of the Explorer's Loot, but, I have since took it out and downloaded it as a Sims3pack file (since I had registered WA). I thought I'd need your fix for the original. When I put the fix in for the original, I couldn't select the bed and when I put your fix in for a decrapped file of the bed, the bed showed up twice. The first being as a unselectable file with the folder on it and the other as my sims3pack file without the fix. I'm not sure what's wrong. I'd like to use your fix.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 3:47 AM
Oh, thank you! Like Lewisb40, I only ever used this bed in deeeeeep black to hide the hideousness. Now I can CAST to my little heart's content. Thank you for another fine contribution to the simming community!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:34 AM
Great fix. Also, you make me laugh! "What were they thinking!!!" EA's own stuff!!! That's what we always say at our house, when we see what hairstyles and clothing comes with the game! LOL!!!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I would recommend linking to this because otherwise the downloader will be a bit surprised if there bed looks different than in your pics.

Good point.

Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:34 AM
I always thought my graphics were just really bad....for that bed only....yeah....thanks!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:47 AM
Ok. Last update hopefully. I found some poor schlub to install/uininstall/test/repeat & rinse to test the store file with a non-decrapped store sim3pack.

The store version I uploaded about 4 hours ago has been verified to work with the original, non-decrapped, sims3pack installed set.

I also did more testing on package files, please see the overview for more information. In short, you may have to replace your package files resources with mine.
Page 1 of 2