Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 95 (Who?), Viewed: 49724 times.
Page 3 of 4
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#51 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:45 AM
Yaay! Can't wait to meet you, Mog!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Alchemist
#52 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:56 AM
Internet Conference Call? :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:37 PM
Wow! Just checked my calendar. A Sunday is excellent (suns and husband wil have to take care for themselves). I´m Dutch, live about 30 min. by train from Amsterdam and I think it would be really nice to see you all. For people from abroad, Amsterdam has great public transport. So going to an hotel or so cann´t be a great problem.
I wonder how many will come, really curious. I think it depend on that where to go to.

ps. No long walkings please, because of protesting knees. Sorry.
Inventor
#54 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:39 PM
AHHH I FEEL LEFTED OUT! Egadz. I wish I lived in Amsterdam, Ireland is pretty suckish in comparison. I mean, transvestite hookers? Count me in!

Visit my blog for exclusive sims! : Niagara Luv Tub

Also, check out my tumblr if you want!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:40 AM Last edited by leesester : 30th Oct 2010 at 5:21 AM. Reason: Offensive
Prostitutes?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 11:52 AM
Darn, I would've love to come and hang out, but I already have an appointment at the Brussels Tattoo Convention...

Bummer
Instructor
#57 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:24 AM
I'm glad that you are doing this at last. It is going to be a fun time together. Adults, teens and tods wooshed up in Amsterdam, can't think of anything more simlish really. It'll be nice if this ends up as a regular thing meeting in other places. Enjoy your picnic!
Test Subject
#58 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:11 AM
'Me am jealous'! Crappy life in a third-world country leads to shit like this, no way I can book a flight to Amsterdam in 10 days even if I had a shitload of money to spend on it...

Ohhh crap, I so wanted to go now! Simmers, bars and hookers! Sounds perfect! (Late Night and some Mod - Probably Twallan's Story Progression or Carreers, can't remember which one exactly - give me that ingame, but y'know, feels lonely sometimes, lack of RL Friends, RL Bars and RL Hookers make life less funny. =x)

Well, good luck and good partying for you guys! I promise whenever I get to visit Amsterdam I'll post here and see if there's anything cool happening. =D
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
3rd Nov 2010 at 11:32 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 4th Nov 2010 at 12:13 AM.
This message has been deleted by AnnitaSims.
Bowties are cool.
staff: retired moderator
#59 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:53 PM
I'm so jealous of you guys who can make it! *whines*

I hope you will have fun and drink a beer or two (or six) for all of us who want to be there but can't
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
4th Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
This message has been deleted by AnnitaSims. Reason: Not going to this meeting even if earth goint to fall.
Miss BHAVing
staff: retired moderator
#60 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 3:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
We're still working out the exact details of where we'll be meeting/what we'll be doing (it's like herding cats!) - probably meeting in one of the large squares and either having a picnic or going for a wander/coffee/something
Any news on the cat herding?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Original Poster
#61 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:16 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 11th Nov 2010 at 11:44 AM.
After some discussion, we've decided to meet at noon 2 PM outside the Sex Museum. It's very close to the central station, and shouldn't be hard to find.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...tnG=Search+Maps

I would like to see Sinterklaas, if possible (we've got a nearly-2-year-old who might like it) but I guess it depends on how crazy things are/how many people show up.

If you're not familiar with Amsterdam and think you might get lost or whatever, then PM me before the day of and I'll give you my mobile number so you can call me if you need help or directions or whatever.
Typo Queen
staff: moderator
#62 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:51 PM
What a blast! Have a fantastic, fun and memorable time with plenty of blackmail pictures! :0)

Sowwy. I won't be able to attend. :0(

Busy mashing meshes.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 1:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogHughson
Flights booked (passport arrived - phew!) - so I will definitely be there!
Hurray!

I'm excited about this meetup. Just let me fetch my plumbbob and speech bubble, will you?

If you like Greek mythology and humour, go check "Zeus & Sons", my webcomic
Id pro lulzis feci.
Test Subject
#64 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:57 AM
wow.. i wish i could come too since i life in amsterdam.. but the 14th im leaving for a meeting on my own with a bunch of goofs.. since we are planning on a expo for next year (scifi, fairy tales, cosplayers).

but a tip you deffently have to visit the cafe chaos.. really funny cafe.. with peanuts on the floor.. lol
Instructor
#65 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 8:46 PM
Awee, you guys will have a fantastic time! Don't forget to try the herring, Dutch style

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 11:47 AM
Meeting at 2 PM

Just a note, the time has changed a bit - rather than noon, we'll meet at 2 PM. This should give those who want to see Sinterklaas arrive time to do that and then meet up, and for (hopefully) most of the craziness to die down a bit, but still gives us enough daylight to wander around and whatnot. Plus me dragging my ass out of bed too early on a Sunday is pretty unlikely. Hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone's plans.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:47 PM
Hi HP,
I was wondering how many will come Sunday? Just checked the wether reports and it will be raining a lot. So ´wandering around´ will be a very wet walk. I could just ask some friends of mine who are familiar in Amsterdam to advice a warm dry place to go.
Née whiterider
#68 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
My provisional count is ten-ish-or-so. I'm sure if it's tipping it down (which it certainly has been here... it's a good thing I don't have to go out tomorrow, because all of my jeans are still damp) we can find somewhere warm to sit - but recommendations are always useful.

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Inventor
#69 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:56 PM
Hmm.. the 2 PM switch is for me indeed a bit inconvenient. It's my bf's birthday so I'm not sure I'll make it now since I promised to be back in Rotterdam around 4 to get the stuff for the party ready and it's an hour by train.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:21 PM
well, with a small group like this it wouldn´t be very difficult to find a caffee or so. But I will ask some friends to name a few nice places.
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 12:46 PM
You are going to Amsterdam during the arrival of Sinterklaas!? Sinterklaas is a very big deal in the Netherlands, almost everybody loves it. I know I do But there's going to be screaming kids everywhere. The kids will be begging for some 'pepernoten' from Zwarte Piet. Haha, I guess it should be fun to watch for tourists

Have fun!

Anne
*It's As Simple As Something That Nobody Knows*
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:18 PM
Oh my gosh I want to come! Nobody here knows me, but still, would be fun. :D
Am not sure I can afford the train ticket though...
Original Poster
#73 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 5:31 PM
appelsapgodin - Eep, I'm sorry! There were just several folks who are confirmed coming that wanted to go see some of the early Sinterklaas stuff. Hopefully meeting a little bit later will avoid the densest of dense crowds, too? I hope it won't screw up your scheduling too badly!

buitefr1 - Any suggestions would be great. We've looked up some places and there seems to just be SO MUCH in Amsterdam to choose from!

AllHeartAnne - It should be fun! I got my kid a Zwarte Piet hat today. I know how crazy Amsterdam can be - we went on Queen's Day! OMG!
Original Poster
#74 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 5:34 PM
To all who are coming!

WOO! This ought to be fun! I will have a few extra plumbbobs made to wear!

If you are coming and you think you may be late, lost, confused, or whatever, then please PM me before 9 AM tomorrow and I will give you my mobile number so you can text/call me and get help finding us or whatever.

Note to self: charge yer phone.
Not actually evil.
#75 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:42 PM
Have fun folks. Wish I had the airfare. Where/when was this announced? In chat?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 3 of 4

Section jump