Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#26 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoadRageBarbie
Is anyone else tired of the "LIES AND PROPAGANDA" shtick? He sounds like one of those homeless loonies screaming on the street about the end of the world.
Hey, I'm the one maintaining a level view of reality. I point out *I* am not the one trying to forecast the imminent doom of the game here. Those "Sims 4" loonies are the ones screaming about the end of the world here. I'm just telling it like it is: THERE IS NO SIMS 4.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:58 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 29th Oct 2010 at 3:14 PM.
This thread might have started as a genuine question about Sims 4, although they could probably find any information that exists about it on their own. It's not for me to wonder why someone would care - maybe they need any scrap of information to fill the long years ahead while they wait for the perfection that will be the Sims 4.
But in the meantime Sims 2 players have another place to hate on the Sims 3. It's all part of the rich pageant of sim life - hoping for the future, clinging to the past, hating the present.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:56 PM
I wonder what the Sims4 would look like/be compared to 3 and 2. And 1 I suppose too.
Space Pony
#29 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:16 AM
Sims 4 won't come out for a while...They'll definately make it though. I can see like "The Sims 100" in like 300 years...it'll be like avatar!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
If there is going to be a Sims4, then the design team have already started work on it.

I agree with Inge
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:32 AM
Probably not. Maybe a year or two later on, they'll start to do pre-planning and then initial development.

I'd love them to tackle on the thought of the Sims Online again though. The technology is there with the persistent world. Now its the question of if it would be successful or profitable.
Instructor
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meteora147
I'd love them to tackle on the thought of the Sims Online again though. The technology is there with the persistent world. Now its the question of if it would be successful or profitable.

I've been waiting for something that can match TSO, and am upset that they haven't tried to rework it (aside from EA world or whatever.) Thing is that there are only so few of us who want an online feature. The average sim players like to be in control of everything, and not have other people mess with their 'world.'

If its done right, with options to make it so you can play online or not, I'm sure it'd be a success.
Alchemist
#33 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I wonder what the Sims4 would look like/be compared to 3 and 2. And 1 I suppose too.

7D.

(as opposed to 3D.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:02 AM
Sims 4 is in design form EA, Their have been rumors and someone on the inside a graphic designer a couple of months back tweeting that he has been hired of it since then that account has been remove which has increased speculation. What it will be, Just speculation. It will require the generation of computers which will happen in the next four years and I have no idea what that would be. Although more gradual stuff such as aging and not rabbit holes and stuff like cubicles in offices and a desk, also it will go beyond the grid object placement but that all i can think of.
Theorist
#35 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:42 PM
I think TS4 will expand the seamless neighborhood concept into a seamless country or even a seamless planet. Then with TS5, a seamless galaxy (lol Spore)! Seems like a natural direction to go in. With all the debate on how TS3 has gotten rid of most of the Sims charm I wonder if EA will make TS4's graphics even more realistic or pull a Legend of Zelda Wind Waker.

I'm not ready to look forward to TS4 just yet though, especially if they make us wait another year or two after the base game before we can have weather and pets in the game yet again. I know those things are hard to program but it's going feel silly going back to an always summer and petless (and therefore almost lifeless) world again. As it is with TS3 I'm praying weather and pets are done with soon so I can start wishing for brand new stuff instead. Hopefully TS4 base game has at least one of the two, I'm thankful TS3 at least included cars, gardening, and fishing in the base game. And since those were included with the base game they were able to be expanded on more as more EPs come out.
Page 2 of 2