Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 17147 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:27 PM
Default Free Simpoints?
I was under the impression that a few hundred free simpoints was a thing that came with new expansion packs, but it's not the case with late night.

Now, fair enough I've got no right to expect handouts, but was anyone else suprised?.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:35 PM
They only gave free simpoints for the base game and World Adventures, after that it was over. The only free things we got with Ambitions and Late Night were the free packs in the Sims Store.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:21 AM
Well that's bull. lol I was expecting points also. Meh..too lazy to buy points, I want free points! :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:39 AM
Points are a turnoff for me, and even the free objects are generally not that long-lived. Hubby bought $10 worth way back when, I pored over the selections and picked the individual items I felt would fit in best with the way I decorate and the way I create sims.... A month later, the ONLY EA item I still used was .... the FREE panda toy. OY!
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:45 AM
We didn't get points with Ambitions either....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgforme
Points are a turnoff for me, and even the free objects are generally not that long-lived. Hubby bought $10 worth way back when, I pored over the selections and picked the individual items I felt would fit in best with the way I decorate and the way I create sims.... A month later, the ONLY EA item I still used was .... the FREE panda toy. OY!

So you're saying that you'd be turned off by something because it gave you points? Isn't that a little extreme? I can understand not wanting them but actually being turned off by them seems like an overreaction.

I miss the points, I like store stuff and don't buy my own points very often

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:41 AM
I should probably correct myself: I find most EA 'stuff' such a pain in the butt that I don't *care* whether EA gives me points anymore. Clearer?
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:15 AM
I'd like to get simpoints but you can only do it via paypal or a credit card. As I have neither, I can't get anything. =[ And I do so love the furniture sets they come out with.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadzicle
I'd like to get simpoints but you can only do it via paypal or a credit card. As I have neither, I can't get anything. =[ And I do so love the furniture sets they come out with.

You can get sim points at Best Buy I think it said on the site. I think it's EA game cards you buy. Look on the site, it tells you where they're located at. So you don't have to use paypal or a credit card.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:16 PM
You can definitely get sim points at best buy-- think: set value gift card. As my son's girlfriend and her mom are both petrified of using Paypal, they use the cards instead. Warning: you do pay roughly $5 for the card, so a $25 card nets you $20 in points.

I don't mean to be a downer about points/objects. I've been playing since the month Sims1 came out, and I'd rather see developments IN the game instead of needing enticements to buy an expansion. Frankly, EA probably has my pic next to the word "automatic customer", but I *have* held out and not purchased Fast Lane... so far...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 7:44 PM
I didn't get points for registering WA - only the base game. Was I ripped off?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:22 PM
Um, yeah. I got simpoints for registering WA.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:59 PM
Yeah you only get it with the base game and WA, but I was so glad I found an unused 10 Simpoints card lying in between my Sim game boxes the other day, but now I really need some free points! :S

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future

Section jump