Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 30 (Who?), Viewed: 29527 times.
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 2:48 AM Last edited by claudiasharon : 9th Nov 2010 at 7:02 AM. Reason: Solved
Default Sim won't go to work in film career (actor branch)-Solved
At first I thought this was a custom content issue, but after testing it without and having the same problem, I was wondering if anyone else encountered this issue.

My sim is at level 8 of the film career (actor) and she can't go to work. The carpool comes, but it just x's itself out. I try to click the "go to work" button but still it x's itself out. And when I click directly at her workplace and click "work", same thing happens. This is happening in Sunset Valley, where I had to place the film building in order for sims to get this job.

Now, this happened on and off while she was at a level 7, usually when she had other work she could be doing. But now she can't go in at all and it's really impacting her performance.

I haven't tried this career in Bridgeport yet, or any other hood, so I don't know if it happens all the time or just in this hood.

Edit: See comments for a solution.

For crying out loud you frakking fekik!
Frelling trasta ko litbak!
Call me M-I-N-Z-Y (Minzy). ;)
More Downloads made by me!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:22 AM
I had that happen a couple of times with different careers. If there's another location in town that offers that job, you could have her transfer her job to that location instead. That's the only way I've been able to fix it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:39 AM
You can transfer jobs to other buildings? I didn't know that.
I'd have to place another copy of the film studio to see if it works.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:14 AM
Yeah, I recently just found out about it! I was playing with a sim who was level 9 in the police career, and he just decided that he was no longer going to go to work. I went over to the police station/city hall building (Bridgeport), figuring that was where he worked (he was an EA sim) and that I might be able to get him to go to work by selecting the building directly, but instead of that, it said transfer job here. So I tried it and then he went to work when I told him to. I've used it a couple of times since then too, it's a little bit of a hassle if you don't have another location ready and have to put one in, but it's better than being stuck until someone fixes it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:37 AM
Ya I tried it out and it worked! She's at work as I type this. I'm so glad it worked.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:16 AM
Glad I could help.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 12:17 PM
Thank you so much.

Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:25 AM
well crap lol i wish i knew this ahead of time (hindsight is always 20/20) Had a level six actress sim that didn't want to go to work, so i had her quit her job and rejoin at level 4 so here's hoping this worked as well
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:09 AM
i've had this in other careers and that turned about to be a vehicle in the inventory. remove it and they goto work. not sure if this is related
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:26 AM
She didn't have a vehicle in her inventory but her husband did. Though sometimes she had one, other times she'd park it in the garage. *shrugs*

Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiasharon
Ya I tried it out and it worked! She's at work as I type this. I'm so glad it worked.

I'm having this problem right now with my sim as well. I tried making another Studio lot down the street and transfering the job there but whenever I clicked to go in and actually work, the action would just wipe.

Another thing that happens, when the limo shows up to my sim up for work and the action appears in the queue and my sim finally gets to it, everything gets wiped and my sims position actually moves or resets. I even ran out to the street right next to limo and tried entering it and it reset me all the way to the house..strange stuff

I tried removing the sims personal cars and they had none in the inventory. I do have a lot of bikes and other random cars. Regardless the choice I try, the work action gets wiped off.

Just wondering what you guys did exact process wise and if you had any similar issues.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:26 AM
All I did was replace the old studio lot with the new one, so there were only one studio lot, and then I transferred her job over to the new studio lot and it worked, she was able to go back to work again.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:03 AM
This happened to me as well -- I was able to get around it by asking her boss for a promotion. So there's another option.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:29 AM
Somebody on the official forums said they got around the problem by turning on testing cheats and triggering a work opportunity at the studio building. That's what worked for me too; my sim was able to complete the opportunity and go to work normally after that.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:35 PM
I read elsewhere that there was routing problems to some of the rabbitholes. Bulldozing and replacing should help.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiatyn
This happened to me as well -- I was able to get around it by asking her boss for a promotion. So there's another option.

Glad some more methods are coming out and I will have to try them out. I'm not on a good standing at work because I took a research assignment on the first day and after it finished I couldn't actually go to work because of the glitch/bug.

Quote:
Bulldozing and replacing should help.

The problem I am having with this method is that when I got to edit town and delete the first studio, it wipes out my career entirely with my sim. But I supposed I could give it a try by selecting a different household to follow for the editing and then replacing but I'm wondering if that will have dramatic affects on my accomplishments and current goals.

Part of me thinks the whole bug stems around the screen times of movies at that location, just a theory but I think the non access into the building may be incorrectly configured when movies are actually being made.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 2:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea
Somebody on the official forums said they got around the problem by turning on testing cheats and triggering a work opportunity at the studio building. That's what worked for me too; my sim was able to complete the opportunity and go to work normally after that.

Elanorea, ahh thanks this method did the trick. I had a work opportunity trigger at the studio during the work period and then mad sure to queue work after it finished.

You know I think in the end it was an issue with conflicting outfits because when I got out of my first night of supporting actor work my sim came back in a more business looking outfit but the next morning when the limo showed up to pick me up (this time it working correctly) my sim changed into an entire different outfit altogether.

Anyways, it is fixed, I'll see how the 9th & 10th level acting roles goes. Thanks for the help.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:10 AM
this happened to me in the different career my sim was in criminal career then after i've reached level 6 thief branch i decided to date my boss then ask her to moved in with me... after i saw her LTW as an star athlete i decided to change her job to sports then after that my other sims didn't or can't go to the building. the car pool arrives but my sim can't go to work.

i google it and found some solutions in http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Criminal

"There is a bug in Sunset Valley that makes Sims unable to enter the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. as police or even criminal. This can be fixed by deleting everything on the lot (including the building), and placing a new Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. building on the lot."

i never tried it... i just change my job and move on...
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:10 PM
My actress Sim cannot go to work anymore, this is happening in Bridgeport Late Night! Also, in Bridgeport the clubs are always empty...boring! Yep, my level 10 actress can no longer go to work, so I keep her on taking time off so she doesn't lose her job before EA comes up with a patch for this problem that seems to be plaguing many, many people, there are lots of major bugs in the late-night expansion. I have no hacks, I have a gaming computer that far exceeds all min. and I am running windows 7.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:44 PM
Had the same problem...I resetsim and it fixed it.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 7:42 PM
Ok well I see I'm not alone

thanks for this thread!
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:06 PM
Default Same!
I've had this exact same problem with the acting career branch in Bridgeport. I haven't ever moved or edited the work place (Plumbob something or other) and my sim started resetting at level 6 or 7 of the career (just not going to work and resetting whenever I tried to make her).

Thanks for the solution though dudes, I will try this moving career here thing now, I hadn't thought of that before and it should work! :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd May 2012 at 2:12 AM
I have the same problem with the music career, actually. In uh. Twinbrooks, is that what that town's called? Tried bulldozing and making new theatre, didn't work. Tried making two theatres and transferring time after time. Did not work. Basically, nothing is working. I only have one expansion pack, and that's Ambitions. I had to change his lifetime wish! Anyone have any new solutions? Shouldn't they have made a new patch to fix this already?
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th May 2012 at 11:26 AM
I'm having this problem now - what a nightmare. I've tried switching careers twice and it doesn't work either time. I've had issues before with the delay in outfit changes but this time the action just cancels itself out. I'll try your suggestions and see what happens. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:56 PM
encountered this problem some time ago...

the solution that I found was to use the wardrobe and 'plan outfit' for the sim then delete extra career outfits that the sim has wound up with (the culprit in my game was the chemistry station from Generations which can constantly spawn labcoats as career outfits for its user)... I think this would work only if you have showtime.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump