Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:44 PM
Default My adventuring Sim can't get new adventures!
My Sim (daughter of another adventuring Sim) was able to do some of the adventures her mother couldn't get to because Mom was endlessly saddled with those stupid run-around challenges like supplying frogs for someone's dinner, etc.

But today when the daughter went back to France she was only able to click on the adventure board a few times to get dumb run-around challenges and then she couldn't get any challenges at all...she could try to get an adventure from the board it but the option went away. Tried a dozen times and then I sent her to prowl in tombs without an official quest.

I know for certain the mother and daughter have not completed all adventures. For instance they have never been able to get to that island in the river in France. So it's not that everything's been done...any advice on why this is happening? And how can I reset adventures in my town...with another family or do I have to use a different town?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:36 AM
If you don't get any adventures at all, sometimes waiting for another Sim day will help and the board will be reset.

If you use MasterController there's a menu option to trigger opportunities and adventure quests. I usually use this not to trigger them actually, but to check which ones should be available for my active Sim.

AwesomeMod has a debug cheat that resets WA quests for your active household. I have never tried this yet, however.

As to the island in France. I don't think there's an adventure that will send you there.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:57 AM
In the little island in France you can go only by using teleportation <--- from meditation focus. Except from collecting a few rocks and do some archaelogical digging there is nothing else.
About the adventures now, are you sure you hadn't sent some other Sim in France who did the main quests? Because, all the running up and down you describe happens when a Sim family has already done them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
In the little island in France you can go only by using teleportation <--- from meditation focus. Except from collecting a few rocks and do some archaelogical digging there is nothing else.

You're missing a whole tomb there, Nalia- you need Pangu's axe to get access to that, and it's good fun. You can get to the tomb by smashing the rocks next to the frog pond, which uncovers an underground cavern- see here:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tomb#The_Little_Island
And here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/i...o4&topic=236.10
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 11:11 PM
You have to thank EAtards for having my Pangus' axe disappeared while travelling from France back to Sunset Valley then. Buydebug can't solve the problem either.
But thanks for letting me know *tight hug*
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:16 AM
Nalia: Look in your family inventory for Pangu's Axe (mine keeps moving itself there so I've now learned to check before my sims book their holiday tickets).

As for the scanning message board problem, I'm getting this in France a lot since Late Night (I'm not getting any of the "I'd like to go out with X, will you set this up" type challenges). Annoyingly I need to complete 1 more tomb in France to complete my lifetime wish and just can't get the opportunity to do so, so my sim in currently wandering around raiding dig sites and desperately hoping that his phone will ring ...

Just to be clear, I'm not getting the "No more adventures message". Rather, my sim scans the board and no popup appears.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 9:57 PM
I am also having this issue. As SimEmrys says, sim goes through the motion of looking at the adventure board, with no popup appearing.

I've now had this issue with two households in different neighborhoods. Waiting for the next day doesn't help, save/quit/restart doesn't help, leaving France and returning doesn't help, going to another country and then back to France doesn't help.

With a couple of previous households in different 'hoods I've been able to get through all the adventures in France. Now, though, I am stuck. I'm going to try the MasterController as suggested above, though I'd rather the game just work properly and give my sims the adventures at random. If anybody has another answer, please share!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 9:47 PM
Okay...sent my adventuring daughter Sim back to France and she was able to get the adventure board to work, although it didn't give any great tomb adventures but just small run-around stuff.

BTW, her mother before her had done many of the tomb adventures...but not all. I was hoping the daughter would stumble on a brand new adventure. I knew the tombs would be disturbed but hoped there were a few rooms the mother had not accessed. No luck. I can see some of the rooms are still blacked out so I know there's more to do but if there's no formal adventure then there's no point, is there?

So my question is: If I play a new family in the same neighbourhood will the adventures reset? Or do I have to choose a different neighbourhood? I loved WA (hated Sims 3 before that EP) and would love to play all adventures again...but how?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bunnylips
Okay...sent my adventuring daughter Sim back to France and she was able to get the adventure board to work, although it didn't give any great tomb adventures but just small run-around stuff.
It seems that some adventures are also tied to certain visa levels and will not appear until you've reached them. The Nectary adventure chain, e.g., has never appeared for me before at least visa level 2.

Quote:
So my question is: If I play a new family in the same neighbourhood will the adventures reset? Or do I have to choose a different neighbourhood? I loved WA (hated Sims 3 before that EP) and would love to play all adventures again...but how?
A new family in the same neighbourhood should have access to all the adventures, as the quest record is per household. What will not reset, however, are the tombs themselves. But I think that critical items, like sigils or quest items, will respawn for the new adventurers.
Inventor
#10 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 7:24 PM
In my experience the Tombs and puzzles are unlocked but the treasure respawns. The adventures are tied to Visa levels, and the adventure is worth doing again. Bigger parties like all the Broke teens will give access to more rooms than single parties.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 6:06 PM
I've now started experiencing this, only since I installed Late Night.

For a while I was learning Late Night, and didn't send my Sim there on any foreign vacations. This past week, I had the hankering to return to a family I'd been running pre-LN. They are in Sunset Valley, and I had successfully had both of the adults go on adventures before installing LN.

Now, I sent the husband back to France (his favorite destination). He's worked his way up to max Visa level, yet the Adventure Board refuses to give him anything. Finally, after many game days, saves and reloads, and many attempts, he was able to get the Art Museum adventure. There are still many in France he hasn't done yet. But one he did get sent him to China, so I decided to let him do adventures there too. Just in yesterday's play, this problem with the Adventure Board occurred again. So I sent him back to the Academy to work on his martial arts skill.

Next stop for me, twallan's site to see if Master Controller will help me.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:23 PM Last edited by TheMamabear : 29th Nov 2010 at 9:54 PM.
If you have Twallan's DebugEnabler installed, click on your sim --> Nraas --> options --> opportunities --> add opportunity --> adventure. From there you can choose the country then which adventure you wish to start. I don't know if the adventure board will pump out new adventures after that or not, but at least this gives you a work around.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:01 AM
I did indeed go and get Twallan's Master Controller to try this. It didn't seem to actually give my Sim the chosen adventure, but then he was able to use the Adventure Board as normal, and it continued to behave normally. We'll see what happens next time I load the game. It's nice having a reliable workaround.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 2:00 PM
Sorry for the late bump, but I'm also having this issue with the Adventure Board. But I'm also having issues with the days not progressing, the vacation bar just shows 0 days spent. So this might be tied to the Board issue?
My sims can't go on vacations as longs as the days stay at 0. Once I send them back home, the whole game gets borked :/
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:59 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I don't really trust "download-stuff".. So I cant get that mode. Will it work if I uninstall Late Night?
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 1:17 PM
I'm getting a similar problem. Sim goes to a country and gets finishes some of the quests. He goes home and comes back later, only to find that the board won't give him anything.

I thought it might be Master Controller doing this but if someone is having the problem without that mod, I'm beginning to think the latest patch is at fault. It may help to note that when you bring up the opportunities via the MC the first time in the world, everything looks normal but when you leave and come back, the list of adventures includes finished quests that often have multiple instances. At a guess, something isn't clearing the list properly from trip to trip. I have a feeling that my next trip to France is going to increase that count again.

By the by, don't select finished quests unless they're the repeatable type. Breaks the game's teensy brain badly.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:20 PM
Default France is cursed!
I got LN for xmas this year and spent the first three weeks of real time setting up a legacy game. Everything was fine until I reached visa level 2 in France (I'd finished Egypt and had one tomb left in China). That's when the adventure board started acting up and dropping interactions. I was lucky enough to get one final quest that took me to visa level 3, but then the board stopped working altogether with two important tombs left to do.

This happened with and without CC so it's definitely a bug and not a CC issue. I also ran into the problem where Master Controller was showing multiple instances of completed quests while the quest I needed wasn't listed at all (despite having reached visa level 3). Then there was DebugEnabler... Let's just say I was able to start the quest, but it shut off my ability to plant eggs, cheese, steak and burgers! Twallan does mention that DE can cause unusual problems because these are EA's interactions not his, so if you're planning on using DE, just be aware that using EA's interactions to fix one problem can create undesireable side effects.

Hopefully someone who understands the code for the adventure board can figure out why it's behaving badly and create a hotfix - sort of like Buzzler's excavation site hotfix - that will bypass the buggy EA code. (It would be too much to ask, I suppose, that EA simply refrain from breaking things with each new patch.)
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 4:17 PM
Twallan has updated Master Controller to make the quests a bit easier to identify. You can use it to select the quests more readily. (But be careful not to reselect finished quests, as I think that blows the game's mind.)

What I think is happening is that the game isn't clearing out completed One-Time Only quests from its list. So when you check the board, it finds a completed quest and since you've already done it, shows you nothing. What increases the issue is that the game adds those quests back in every time you travel to that world and thus makes it harder to find the incomplete quests. I suspect that the sim is also getting quest phonecalls from that same list, which would explain your phone ringing but nothing more happening.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:58 PM
Hi all. The trouble with the adventure board eventually caused me to stop sending my Sims mom, who had Visa level 3 and daughter (Visa level 2) on adventures...a great pity since it was the only thing I liked about Sims 3. I played a vanilla game, not a whiff of CC, mods or hacks. I did buy the next EP but I no longer felt interested in the game at all. Went back to Sims 2 and don't regret it for a moment. Sims 3 is a hot mess.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 9:57 PM
When I have this problem I tend to just pause the game, fill my queue line up which checking to board... And let it run through at speed 3... Normally I don't have to do it more than 4 times... But it is still annoying.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 8:41 PM
Not sure if this is related, but I just experienced a dropped opportunity phone call in a new home world. Has anyone been having problems with home world opportunities as well as adventures?

Does anybody know if any modders are looking into this issue?
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:28 AM
Default I Hope This Helps
Hello everyone! My adventurous sim was having the same problem. I have almost maxed out all of her skills and decided to max out all of her Visa levels as well when somewhere in France in her second Visa adventures, the check adventure board stopped working. I remember something like this happened with my grocery store before, when for some reason or another having seeds in your sims inventory kept the 'shop for grocerys' option from popping up. So I cleared everything out of my sims inventory and within the next few minutes I got a call to investigate 'Chateu Du Langraab'! I'm not sure which inventory item was preventing. Me from adventuring but I think it has to do with purchasing specialty items from the merchant in ttown, since after I bought some skeleton keys from her is when my adventures went all batty <3 I hope this helped with something!
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bunnylips
My Sim (daughter of another adventuring Sim) was able to do some of the adventures her mother couldn't get to because Mom was endlessly saddled with those stupid run-around challenges like supplying frogs for someone's dinner, etc.

But today when the daughter went back to France she was only able to click on the adventure board a few times to get dumb run-around challenges and then she couldn't get any challenges at all...she could try to get an adventure from the board it but the option went away. Tried a dozen times and then I sent her to prowl in tombs without an official quest.

I know for certain the mother and daughter have not completed all adventures. For instance they have never been able to get to that island in the river in France. So it's not that everything's been done...any advice on why this is happening? And how can I reset adventures in my town...with another family or do I have to use a different town?

Hello everyone! My adventurous sim was having the same problem. I have almost maxed out all of her skills and decided to max out all of her Visa levels as well when somewhere in France in her second Visa adventures, the check adventure board stopped working. I remember something like this happened with my grocery store before, when for some reason or another having seeds in your sims inventory kept the 'shop for grocerys' option from popping up. So I cleared everything out of my sims inventory and within the next few minutes I got a call to investigate 'Chateu Du Langraab'! I'm not sure which inventory item was preventing. Me from adventuring but I think it has to do with purchasing specialty items from the merchant in ttown, since after I bought some skeleton keys from her is when my adventures went all batty <3 I hope this helped with something!
Alchemist
#24 Old 27th May 2011 at 10:01 PM
Hmm, interesting. I'll have to try clearing my sim's inventory and see if that helps. Thanks for the info, sexysim2c69.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 7:48 PM
Default Years later but...
Quote: Originally posted by TheMamabear
If you have Twallan's DebugEnabler installed, click on your sim --> Nraas --> options --> opportunities --> add opportunity --> adventure. From there you can choose the country then which adventure you wish to start. I don't know if the adventure board will pump out new adventures after that or not, but at least this gives you a work around.

Mama Bear, if you're still out there... so is this bug. I've looked everywhere for a solution! I have Twallan's mods installed, but for the uninitiated they're fairly intimidating to use. Thank you so much for this!!
Page 1 of 2