|Search this Thread|
|11th Nov 2010, 12:57 AM||Strange graphic issue #1|
Join Date: Sep 2010
I'm not sure quite how to explain my issue.. but a couple days ago I picked up the Late Night EP and found out that it will run smoothly and beautifully up until I decide to create a sim or choose one of the prefab households. As shown in the included .jpg file, the graphics decide to show their desire to go Picasso-esque on me. I've never had any issues with the previous EPs or SPs, so I find this whole issue pretty irksome.
I've taken advice and cleared my mods/hacks/etc.. So I am not entirely positive what could be going wrong.
To offer further help in getting this snot of an issue cleared up, I'll provide what specs I can of my system.
Now, I've also noticed that I get the error that the launcher has stopped working, but it goes right on ahead and launches anyways.
* Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
* System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
* System Model: HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook PC
* Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N830 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
* Memory: 4096MB RAM
* Page File: 1845MB used, 5822MB available
* DirectX Version: DirectX 11
* Name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5600/5700 Series
* Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
* Chip Type: ATI Display Adapter (0x68C1)
* Approx. Total Memory: 2676 MB
* Main Driver: aticfx64.dll
* Version: 8.782.0.0 (English)
* Driver Date: 9/28/2010 5:54:02 PM
* Description: Speakers and Headphones (IDT High Definition)
* Driver Name: stwrt64.sys
* Driver Version: 6.10.6288.0000 (English)
* Date: 8/13/2010 8:42:00 AM
==Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives==
* Drive: C:
* Free Space: 344 GB
* Total Space: 443 GB
* File System: NTFS
|11th Nov 2010, 01:40 AM||MTS2 Staff Reply #2|
|11th Nov 2010, 01:45 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Well, I certainly find this bit of news discouraging. With it being a laptop, graphics replacement is out of the question.
Edit: Your advice cleared the issue perfectly. I daresay you are back on my Christmas list.