Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 3265 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:55 PM
Problems with Sims Ageing Up
Before I purchased and installed the Sims 3: Late Night expansion pack, I never had a problem with my Sims ageing up either by blowing out the candles on the birthday cake or by using the opion Trigger Age Transition from the testingcheatsenabled true cheat. But now, with Late Night, I'm having endless trouble.

If I have only one Sim in a "family", they are able to age up, after waiting a long time, but they do age up with both of the above ways of doing so. However, if I have 2+ Sims in a "family" they don't age up. The Trigger Age Transition freezes the Sim and the birthday cake brings about the celebration, but then nothing happens and the Sim carries on with the next thing.

Please can anyone help? I've looked for solutions on the net but can't find anything.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:45 PM
Many seem to have this issue. I've not found a solution to this as of yet.

Could you try resetting the sim or move him out and back in.

Otherwise you can try Twallans MC to age them up. That does seem to help.
staff: moderator
#3 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 2:29 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Follow the guide above and try each of the steps to either solve the issue or rule out custom content as the cause.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 7:19 AM
Thank you for your help, but sadly it doesnt work My game won't run if there's custom conent. So I have none; so Twallans MC unfortunately can't run, nor does the resetting help either. And theres nothing in the help guide... It's so frustrating!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:43 AM
Did you try moving him out and back in again ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 8:13 AM
Yeah, the sims I create just won't age up
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#7 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 10:29 AM
Are all ages affected or certain age groups only?

If for specific age groups, do the default Sims (of this age group) that come with the game also have this issue, or only newly created Sims since installing LN and patching to 1.17? And aging from what age to what age group does it get stuck on?
And this is across all save games - ie pre-LN, pre-1.17 saves, newly created Bridgeport saves, newly created SunsetValley saves?

And for those non-single-Sim Households, if you check the Relationship panel, do the relationships among all members all appear to be correct?
May we know what are all the games that you have (Game Help:TS3 Patching Find Gameversionwiki) and whether they are all patched to the same level (see Game Help:Patch Tablewiki)?

So, you have no Mods folder. Do you have any CC in Sims3Pack format, ie those that are in DCCache folder and installed via Launcher?
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:34 PM
I am having the same issue. All ages are affected for me. None of them age up. This was a fresh reinstall and thus everything was spawned with Late Night installed. I have all of the games up to patch 1.17. I also have no mods and no sims3pack, sims, etc - a completely vanilla install. I have nothing in the installer downloads or uploads. It happens in every neighborhood, to every sim I've tried. I feel like I've done everything short of a reinstall. Any fixes to this yet known?
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 6:14 PM
There has been a new update since OP started this thread.

Someone need to confirm if this is still occurring with new, vanilla games on 1.18 series with LN and without LN? From what I've read, the most affected are the Teens->YA age group, and on babies + children where there are multiple births (twins, triplets, etc).

If OP doesn't revert on their issues, this thread may die a natural death from inactivity.
So, can I ask you @Lucid Mediums to start your own help thread? As having the issue on all age groups may have different causes, and we like to keep each posters' issues separate anyways to minimise confusion.

Section jump