Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 6071 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default why cant i find delphys installer monkey anymore.. can someone help me please
ive been trying to download the helper monkey because the privious i had isnt working and i keep getting access denied error but i cant access the installer money anymore has it been removed? if so what can i use now
Advertisement
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:34 AM
The Helper Monkey was archived because it was outdated. It was designed to help with placing .package files in the Program Files path, and that's not where cc belongs since Ambitions/patch 1.12.

Instead of using third party tools to set up your framework and install .package files, just follow this guide: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:25 AM
I've been wondering for a while. I have read all the new ways to install cc, My documents etc, but i still use the monkey and it works fine. Should I bite the bullet and install cc the right way or if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ( use the monkey )
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:44 AM
Using the monkey usually works for most people, but sometimes it causes problems and script mods may stop working altogether if you have the Program Files framework (even if you have the affected mods in Documents). The new way is generally better - if only because it's easier.

We have a neat little guide on switching over: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Old Way to New Waywiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:42 AM
Thanks whiterider. I'm switching over and getting rid of old and non-updated cc. It has cured 1 of my 2 problems already. Haven't checked on the other yet. Again, thanks for the advice and help link!
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:01 AM
You're welcome.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 1:13 PM
Thank you very much i got it to work im sooooo happy
Closed Thread

Section jump