Hello there, I think this is probably the first time I actually post here (never have been really active).
I was playing at Sunset Valley and decided to make a bar, so I just did it set the lot to a bar, put everything and set the ropes to work.
I was kinda happy because it was really awesome, and went with a sim there, just to find that the bar was empty and there was no bouncer (no one could go in either). I've both 24h open lots and 24h NPC's mod, so I stuck with my sim for the entire day in the bar, without a bartender actually going there. I tried to put the lot in Bridgeport, changing it's type and even putting that "Public Place" ball from Buydebug. I also tried taking off the 24h mod, same thing...
I would love if you could help me, thanks in advanced!
Are you using the new bars that came with Late Night and did you set it to the type of bar you wanted when you changed the empty lot to a community lot? If you aren't using the LN bars or aren't using a cc bar like the ATS Irish Pub bar that has been updated for Late Night the lot will not generate a bartender, and if you did not change the lot to the appropriate type of club the bouncers ropes and LN bars may not function.
I haven't had a problem with this. I built my own bar from scratch in Sunset Valley and set the lot type to "Vampire Bar". Every day at 2pm, a bouncer, a mixologist, and a pianist show up to work. They're even people I recognized from the neighborhood -- apparently Dorothy Mayo dreamt of being a bouncer.
I didn't place a Public Room marker, since I figured the whole building was a Community Lot.
Yea, I figured the public room thing later, was just a shot. And yea, I'm using a bar that came with LN =/
Just using the tag "Bar" tried changing to "Night Club" and "Sports Club" to see if it worked, didn't =/ . Maybe is just a glitch... (Thanks for the help tho, and if you don't recognize any of the lot types I gave you is because I'm translating the names in portuguese to english x.x)
In my games all I need to do is place one of the Professional Bars on a community lot, and bartender shows up. The beach community lot in Sunset Valley, the one in the middle of town for example. I didn't even look at the lot type on it, I presume it is Beach. I placed the Pro Bar there, bartender shows up. A community lot from MTS I think, Windfall Motel is the name; I edit this in Edit Town, replacing the old bar inside with one of the Pro Bars, renamed this lot type to Hangout, bartender shows up.
MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
After 3 weeks in Bridgeport I have this problem of no bartenders showing up at about half of the bars. Using MC I saw that there should be 17 mixologists in a default Bridgeport and when I focussed on those that were not at work they were standing in the lobby of the apartment building where they are housed. Two others were roaming the countryside (these are always the mother of Jessica Talon and her "roommate").
Resetting the mixologists in question makes them show up at some bar but they won't begin to work and the next day I might have the same problem again of them being stuck in their lobby.
Resetting the community lot did nothing and resetting the apartment lot where they "live" is erratic, too.
Selling the bar and placing a new one only works half of the time and has the additional disadvantage of spawning a completely new Sim, thus increasing the amount of homeless Sims even more.
Is there any way of forcing those mixologists to finally show up and do their job?
"no mixologist on duty" problem seems to have a lot of players. For my deleting and replacing don't work. Bartenders in my clubs just walking around (sometimes even they get out of the building) and active sim can't order drinks. I´m not sure but I guess this has something to do with mixology skill. Bartenders did work well and after one of active sim learn mixology skill problems shows up. Maybe it is coincidence. BTW one of my sim has mix skill high enough to handle bar (I tried Eugi's) and there is another glitch. The sim start working behind the bar, and other sims in the club round up and sit on the bar chairs. My sim queue task blink quickly but nothing happend. Sim get paid 12 simoleons for nothing.
Thank you hamqa, your answer was the clue to the solution of my problem. Half of the Sims the game has assigned a mixologist role had no mixology skill whatsoever. I used MasterController to look for any that did not turn up, maxed their mixology skill and they immediately rushed to their work place and have remained there up until now. Now I have a fully functioning Bridgeport Nightlife. How stupid, because half of the bouncers have mixology maxed. One should think that there is some check to ensure that roles are assigned according to the skills the game has given to premade homeless Sims
This also makes me wonder whether part of the lag people experience might be due to the constant rotation of roled Sims when there aren't enough skilled bartenders.
Thanks hamqa and babele44 for helping me identify my mixologist problem. I just went into the game and Heimrich Shimmy, the mixologist for Waylon's, was standing around in an apartment lobby. I gave him the mixologist skill with MasterController and it worked. So glad I don't have to reset all the clubs anymore. I can tell they just randomly grabbed him because in one of my save games he was a bouncer and another he was in the culinary career.
1. First of all you will have to install MasterController and use one of its filtering commands (like MC-Sim-Status-Career-Type of Services or Sim-Focus on-Type of Services) to find out who your mixologists are. It's best to do this at a time when every bar is open already and all mixologists should be on duty. 6 or 7 p.m. is quite good. In a default Bridgeport there should be 17 bartenders listed then.
2. It will help if you know the bartenders of the other places and thus rule out as many as possible. Because now you will have to go through every single one of them you don't know yet and check their mixology skills. I don't know the actual skill requirement for each professional bar so I just raised their skill level to 9 or 10 when they were below that. After a while they should then show up at their work place.
3. If they don't you will have to go through a more tedious procedure and that is "Focus On" every single mixologist in order to find out whether they are stuck somewhere. If you find them and their mixology skill is high enough they are probably stuck for other reasons and "resetsim" will help to unstick them. If you're lucky they will respawn as mixologist and if you're unlucky some other homeless Sim will take their place. This one might lack the required skills, too. And so you will have to go through the whole thing again.
4. It seems, however, that every day the game cycles through the homeless Sims pool and reassigns roles to those homeless Sims that are available one hour before a bar opens. So, it might happen that a bouncer will suddenly end up as bartender and vice versa and that the Plasma bartender will suddenly work at Eugis and so on. After several days of functioning bars you might have the same problem again then. My solution that has worked so far was to increase the pool of homeless Sims with high mixology skills and so I have some 24 potential mixologists.
5. Another thing that I tried that that has worked most of the time is that when you find out that there is a bouncer on duty with high mixology and a bartender with no mixology skill who should be on duty at the same time to just reset both of them simultaneously. Chances are then that they will swap their roles.
I usually find the missing mixologists by waiting till the bar closes, then clicking on the mixologists face in the closing pop up. But instead of doing a reset sim, I did a force kill using the mastercontroller. I didn't think of using reset sim because I assumed resetting the hood basically was a resetsim all type of thing, but maybe I was wrong. I'll try reset sim the next time mixologists are missing. But either way, the force kill trick did work and the game spawned new mixologists.
But missing mixologists is nothing compared to the missing mailmain. I was playing the other day and I realized my cut stones weren't being delivered, nor was mail. So I waited two sims weeks and nada.
Reset the hood.. nope
Force NPC - Mail carrier... nope
Play a different family.. nope
I'll try using mastercontroller to find out who the mail carrier is next time and see if he's stuck somewhere.
I thought I would suggest that the problem maybe the Register Mod made by Nrass (Twallan) If you have it. I was having the same problem for a while and have been growing quite fed up at having the service NPC's not showing up, and came across some posts on Twallans Register Mod, and sure enough once I downloaded the latest update, my service sims started showing up! Now my game is working as it should. I hope this maybe a fix for your problem!! :D
I'm having this problem now I tried using the Mastercontrol thing but I couldn't find the mixologists with it. Tried removing my mods folder and the bartenders showed up. I have alot of mods, this is going to take forever
I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Hmm... I was convinced my no bartender/bouncer problem was due to mods. But when hamqa brought up the active sim learning mixology coincidence, I'm almost positive that's what happened to me, too.
I've never tried using Mastercontroller to fix my bartender problem. If you have Twallan's Register, you can just click on the designated bar/rope and you are given the option to remove the sim currently assigned there. The name of the sim is there too. A temporary fix for my problem was to remove the bouncer/bartender and replace them with a random sim from town or something. The new sim hurries to the bar/ropes. Doesn't last forever though.
for some people that don't have the master controller mod & have tried replacing the bars etc. with no luck, another way i've found to fix this is if you have awesome mod (which a lot of people do) you can type in ctrl+shift+c to get the cheat window & type in the command 'destroyalltownies' this deletes the mixologists standing around the venues & not working (if that's the problem you're having, like i did) & then the 1 annoyance is that you do have to wait til the next day to return to the venue & the game will have re-created mixologists who should be doing their jobs this time around
I had the problems with lack of any bartenders, sellers etc, I've deleted the Longer Opening Hours mod (silly but now I can't remember who created it), installed Nraas Register and pooooof, everything is fine now.