Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 3:50 AM
Default Texture not cooperating with me!
I'm sure it's something simple that my tired mind just can't grasp- the default texture of this mesh is fine. Nothing shows through where it shouldn't be.
The recolor texture? The presents are fine. The bow has other colors on it. It might be hard to see since getting closer to the object seems to get rid of the blemish. Hopefully, in the farther away pic you can see that there are other colors besides the yellow. There is a bit of green and orange showing through.
I've tweaked and re-tweaked this texture about 10 times. I even tried a new map thinking that I might have moved small parts of the bow. Nothing changes.
I know it's a small blemish but I am that picky. Can someone please tell me where the problem is? The mesh shown is a slave mesh- but the colors show on all the meshes. I've attached the master mesh, the recolor and the 2 textures I did and used.

Thanks in advance- this is driving me nuts!

Edit: Ok, in the pic it's really not that noticeable as it was in game. But in some angles, there are little splotches of green and orange on parts of the bow. Not the ribbon, just the bow. That's all one mesh, mapped to the same texture and all parts are just about the same size on the map.

One thing I forgot- I cloned a statue that has 2 lod thingies in it. I didn't try deleting them in SimPE. Should I have?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MLC-PresentStack.rar (1.46 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 5:33 AM
The only thing I noticed in game was your shadow was mostly solid. I'm thinking that small bit of orange you see might be reflection. I saw no orange on the bow either in MS, UVMapper or in game.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 7:58 AM
The shadow on the texture? I didn't try changing the opacity of that- and I didn't notice the extra colors on the default texture. Like you, I didn't see any orange (or green for that matter) in MilkShape or in SimPE and I'm pretty sure I removed the env-cube and changed "reflection" to "none" in SimPE. Hmmm. Looks like I'll have to play around with it some more. (Which I was going to do anyway because of the shadow, I was wanting to get rid of those extra colors first!)

Thanks for looking at it, HL.