Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:21 PM
Can't see the mesh (GMDC and so on) in SimPE!?
Hello all!
Before I start:
-Yes, I do have Managed Direct X 9c
-I have the latest version of SimPE.
-I've posted to http://sims.ambertation.de but they suggest that I should ask here instead.

Okay. Let's say I open an exported thing from BS from SavedSims in SimPE. In Plug-in view in the resource tree, all files are there, textures and everything. Except the mesh-files (GMD, GMDC and wot not). It's not just in a special package, it's in all packages/projects. I've re-downloaded SimPE, the plug-ins some times but with no result.

I have no idea what the problem is. And I'm getting more and more frustrated. So, somebody who have a thought of what it might be? A solution? Anything?

Thanks in advanced

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:26 PM
the finished file saved from body shop will not have the mesh in it. recolor and mesh files are separate. you will have to get the mesh parts from the game files. pjse tool in SimPE does this easy. the unimesh 1 tutorial tells how to do this.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 8:08 PM
Try this tutorial. It will walk you through the basics of setting up your mesh file. MrJazz is right; the files you need must be extracted (they won't just be there in the recolour file).