Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:25 AM
Default Resource.cfg file!!!
Hello, I just installed the sims 3, and I went to a link on this site to download the resource.cfg file but the link is not working. Is there another link?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:42 AM
try using google? searching for it online? there are many other ways to find it. also, try turning off your pop up blockers, and see if the download works.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:57 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:03 PM
No, nothing is still there... I'll try google
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:05 PM
This is what is coming up when I click the link:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:08 PM
Right-click and do "save link as"

Don't google for any old Resource.cfg - you're just as likely to get an old one that won't work as the new one. The contents have to be correct. The one linked is correct - many others you might find online would be wrong.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:21 PM
I right clicked and saved as into the mods folder.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 7:30 AM
Is your CC working now?
Issue resolved and can lock the thread?
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladiesy23
Hello, I just installed the sims 3, and I went to a link on this site to download the resource.cfg file but the link is not working. Is there another link?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15184.0.html

Everything you will need for the old way to mod - when the game was actually enjoyable!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#10 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG123

Everything you will need for the old way to mod - when the game was actually enjoyable!

This is an old resource.cfg file, that probably won't work because it's from around 2009 and we're in 2019...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:23 AM
The "old way" to mod means prior to Patch 1.12 and the release of Ambitions. From what I understand AwesomeMod will still work that way. For many, other complicated script and core mods like NRaas MasterController and ErrorTrap do not like being in that environment and problems will arise. Since the "new way" should work for everyone and the total separation of user game folder data from program files is much safer to tend to, can't say I would recommend "the old way."

Many of us here still find the game enjoyable. Whether it is or not, it's a bit puzzling to think that the location of the Mods folder and which Resource.cfg to use would even be an ingredient in making that assessment. (yes, I'm kind of twisting the intent around here and not being serious, but after all this was an almost nine year necro post...)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG123

I'm sure the OP waited since 2010 for this.