Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 12486 (Who?), Viewed: 726719 times. | Locked by: Phaenoh Reason: Congrats on 500 pages! (new thread started)
Page 440 of 500
Alchemist
#10976 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 8:24 AM
Wait... two chapters. And you will get teenage Teddy kids. Right now they're just children. (Adorable children!)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
#10977 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 8:53 AM
*grumbles*

Fiiiiiine.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#10978 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:14 AM Last edited by Klevkin : 24th Feb 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Zoku, you could just get Teddy..then you can create as many teddy kids as you want

UPDATE EDIT: 3.26 Someone Watching Over You

"Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap -- if you're smart, if you value your continued existence --there's one thing you never -- ever, put in a trap...... Me." - the Doctor.

The Purpose of Life - A Nothing for Free Legacy
The Crist Legacy - A Random Legacy
Scholar
#10979 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:19 PM
You say that like there's any chance I haven't gotten him already.

Field Researcher
#10980 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 10:15 PM
Update: Chapter Twenty: Journey To The Past

In this chapter we flash back to end of Sebastian's human life.

"I plan on having enough Tequila to drown a Mexican sea captain." -Hoyt (TB)
Forum Resident
#10981 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:31 AM
Update: Chapter 2.1

Edit: Yay! That's ten posts! The Amarel Story is now an official Legacy Blog
Test Subject
#10982 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:32 AM
Hello! I've really adored all your Legacy story, and you all have inspired me to start my own.

First, I'd like to introduce my first generation heir, Faye Vunnown.

I have a bit of a back story to her- but I first want to start a blog so that the story won't be all over the place. So before I do anything, do you guys have any tips as far as writing or maybe which blogging website is preferred. I use tumblr pretty often for my personal blog and I do see quite a few simblrs, but most of you use blogspot. I just mainly want to put my story wherever it's more accessible for people to read.

Thank you all so much for any help, and keep up the awesomesauce stories.

I also apologize if my graphics aren't very good- the settings are all on medium and I reaaaaalllly want to get a better computer to be honest.
Test Subject
#10983 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:48 AM
Well crud, my Legacy just CTD a few minutes into playing. I really don't want to move them yet, too many things are in the works. head desk I have not idea what the problem might be, but I did install a few new hair files, guess those come out and I try again.

Hopefully that is the issue. I so want to get back into this story.

Mathews Random Legacy (current Legacy)
Field Researcher
#10984 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:49 AM
Welcome djpon! I'm glad you decided to join the challenge!

I personally prefer blogspot, that's what most people use. But you can use whichever site you'd like. I have a Tumblr as well but I don't use it for my story. I like the way blogspot is set up, In my opinion it's better than LiveJournal. I look forward to your story, no matter where you put it. =]

Test Subject
#10985 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:56 AM
Thanks so much! x) You can call me Orchid, as djpon3 is really a reference to My Little Pony, I couldn't think of anything else to name this account, haha.

I will probably making a blogspot as it seems a majority of you guys seem to be using it. I've never used LiveJournal or blogspot- but the layout seems simpler. Going to go back in game and try to fix up a first post/introduction type thing. I'll start following you all once I've figured it all out, bahaha. :B
Field Researcher
#10986 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:02 AM
@Orchid (hopefully I will remember that) You're welcome. It took me a little bit to get use to blogspot because I'd never used it before either. But I easily adapted, Doing a custom layout was the hardest part but thanks to Google I figured it out...with much frustration. I didn't like livejournal at all though.

Scholar
#10987 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:07 AM
If nothing else the Blogspot premade layouts are decent enough to last until you set a "real" one up, and easy enough to pseudo-customize by replacing a title/background image with your own image.

Exhibit A: this is a basic template with the background replaced and a custom title inserted, because it was 4am when I made this blog: http://hazardsofresearch.blogspot.com/

Alchemist
#10988 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:11 AM
Personally I -like- the Blogspot premade layouts but I know I'm in the minority xD.

Welcome to the challenge Orchid!

No update from me tonight. Just decided to not attend my friend's memorial tomorrow and I really think I need some time to myself. I might play a bit but I just can't finish writing this chapter.

Field Researcher
#10989 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:12 AM
Hmmm...I should have made a custom title for mine. Although, it's after Midnight where I live and I know I'll be in Photoshop forever. Oh well... *double clicks on Photoshop icon.*

EDIT: Cece, I'm sorry about your friend. =[

Also, is everyone doing the Nothing Is Free challenge? I feel slightly left out but since I barely can handle one blog, I better get use to it. Lol.

Lab Assistant
#10990 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:05 AM
@Cece, take your time, my dear. We definitely understand.

@Jess, I may or may not have just started a Nothing Is Free blog yesterday. >.> I think I'm going to lose control of it in about a week. xD

@Orchid, WELCOME. 8D I'm a big proponent of Blogspot for Legacies just because it seems simpler. And I'm too lazy to make/edit a template. 8| So I can just use theirs, haha.
Test Subject
#10991 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:45 AM
Weee~ I did my first post. I am open to critique/suggestions/hate/love/ANYTHING!

http://vunnown.blogspot.com/

I feel that I should have taken more pictures, and that this post was pretty boring... but the next few posts will (hopefully) pick up in action!
Forum Resident
#10992 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica x gore
Also, is everyone doing the Nothing Is Free challenge? I feel slightly left out but since I barely can handle one blog, I better get use to it. Lol.

I'm not, I don't have time with work & other activities to run more than one sims game at once

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Field Researcher
#10993 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:28 PM
Quote:

I'm not. That challenge never appealed to me. Too much work. >.>
But I am running two blogs for this challenge... I get bored far too easily, so if I have two running at the same time, then I won't get too bored of each.

My name is AJ, please, call me that rather then my username. :)

The Rose Chronicles - Random Legacy

My tumblr .
Scholar
#10994 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyaD
Personally I -like- the Blogspot premade layouts but I know I'm in the minority xD.

Welcome to the challenge Orchid!

No update from me tonight. Just decided to not attend my friend's memorial tomorrow and I really think I need some time to myself. I might play a bit but I just can't finish writing this chapter.

:/ If her family gives you shit about it, smack them with a laptop. And then tell the arresting officer I made you do it.

Field Researcher
#10995 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:17 PM
Okay well I don't feel so alone now. I also agree that it looks very time consuming. I like to focus on one thing at a time so I'll just stick with this challenge. =D Luckily I'm easily entertained so I don't have to worry about getting bored with it. =]

Field Researcher
#10996 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:29 PM
So I have another update before I stop for a while.
I'm gonna plan out the next few chapters... of both my legacies. And hope to actually make a story out of it.

So last update from me for a while (Though I'll attempt to actually talk to you guys now)...

Black - 1.3 - Growing Up

My name is AJ, please, call me that rather then my username. :)

The Rose Chronicles - Random Legacy

My tumblr .
Test Subject
#10997 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:31 PM
Well my crashing seems to have been fixed by removing the hair files. After I got it working I went to bed, it's been a long week I'm going to work on my legacy blog today and hope to get a couple chapters done. I need to get the blog caught up closer to the game.

As for recommending a blog, I have only tried blogspot. I'm not sure why I chose it when I first started a blog but when I saw most legacy stories were on there it seemed better to stick with it than learn a new one. I learn enough new things in college and I took the lazy way out

Mathews Random Legacy (current Legacy)
Test Subject
#10998 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:36 AM
:D!
I've updated my legacy.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions guise! I really appreciate it.

http://vunnown.blogspot.com/
Alchemist
#10999 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:44 AM
Update!

7.15 - One of a Kind http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2012...ne-of-kind.html

Way too many birthdays.

Test Subject
#11000 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 8:40 PM
Default First post on my random legacy.
New to the forums, my previous account was deleted due to inactivity since I haven't downloaded anything for ages. Learnt about this thread from Anarathiel, I've had great fun doing this challenge and I'm on my eight chapter: http://djangilling.blogspot.com/.

Any criticism welcome.
Closed Thread
Page 440 of 500

Section jump