Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Torrox Spanish/Southwestern Build Set Part 10 – Special Doors

by moune999 Posted 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:20 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:06 PM
These are great. I honestly thought you already finished the set, but seeing the columns and the doors, I am excited that the set goes on. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 10:06 PM
Same here blueskies! More Torrox stuff is awesome, I am very happy. Especially the apartment door - finally an apartment door I actually like! Yay! :-D Thanks for sharing :-)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 10:33 PM
I wasn't expecting these so soon since I just received your PM this morning!

It is truly rare when you get such a complete build set with every aspect so well thought out! I really appreciate you creating these as it is often awkward to build only to find you don't have apartment, dorm, restroom or hotel doors to match the building style! Of course, with my current building theme it would be great to have a similar door set in the medieval style!

Which reminds me...The other thing is that this set can be used in general as well. I can match the doors to a variety of styles and the colours are brilliant.

So now I shall grab these and your columns to complete what you have already created!

Thank you immensely!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 12:17 AM
Thank you so much, Moune! This set is truly one of the nicest I have ever seen. It is now a major part of all the houses I build.

My wife and I are both in awe of all the work and thought that has been put into making this set. As an aside, we were both wondering if you are planning on adding modular stairs and perhaps even matching half-walls to the whole? We are looking forward to any other piece you may want to make!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 3:39 AM
These are so awesome, It's nice to have matching doors that goes together with other doors as well.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 6:48 AM
Moune, you are awesome! I love all your Torrox stuff! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:25 AM
Beautiful! Any recolors of ugly Maxis doors are welcome. Even better they are part of your excellent Torrox collection.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 9:32 AM
You're all very welcome, and thank you very much for those kind words. Like I've said before, for me the biggest reward is really that people use and enjoy the stuff I make.

I am planning at least another two parts of the Torrox set. One with modular stairs - if I can figure out how to make them, never tried that before. The other would be a kind of modular fence that can be recolored. Halfwalls may be a good idea too, but the fence I'm planning may work that way as well. We'll see.

It will be a little while, before you'll see any of the new Torrox stuff, though. I've just begun a huge project over at my own site, reworking and renovating some of my earliest sets. (All the Le Morvan sets, for those who know them). But it's a very technical task, so it is entirely possible that I get bored with it halfway through, and decide to do some more creative Torrox stuff instead.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 7:15 PM
I love the Torrox set. Are you planning to make a matching set of wooden stairs? That'd be really useful. And a wooden fence. I realised today that not one of the many recolours I have for the maxis wooden modular stairs matches your set. And none of my fences do either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:47 PM
Gingerxyz, I hadn't actually planned wooden stairs and fences for the Torrox set, but I'll put it on my list of ideas for additions. There's no promise if or when I get around to making them, though.

In the meantime I have a regular staircase and some fences over at my own site, that you may be able to use. They are in the Monsoon build set. The hue of the wood isn't exactly the same, but it may be a close enough match.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for sharing these! It's really nice to have variety in my buildings!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 10:33 PM
Thank you! Now my buildings can "splash" with "pizzazz"
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:46 PM
Rock. On. I love Torrox to death. It's simple, it's classy, and it's complete. At least I keep thinking it's complete and then more shows up. Thank you for this set and your dedication to the project
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 10:20 AM
I love your recolors. It's so cute! :lovestruc
Many thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 9:08 PM
I like :-) thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:04 AM