Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Emphatic Villa

by meriel Posted 9th Dec 2010 at 12:42 AM - Updated 6th Apr 2011 at 8:09 PM by meriel

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 4:11 AM
This house is amazing I can never build a sims 2 house as awesome as this,thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 5:19 AM
Beautiful! Great job!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:48 PM
First of all , GREAT HOUSE ! OMFG , I've never seen a interior so beautiful like this one ! O.o'
And second, a question... :b If I didn't make the download of the downloaded things that you used in this house, they will not appear in my game ? :x

( sorry for the bad english, i'm portuguese x'D )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 2JiP8
First of all , GREAT HOUSE ! OMFG , I've never seen a interior so beautiful like this one ! O.o'
And second, a question... :b If I didn't make the download of the downloaded things that you used in this house, they will not appear in my game ? :x

( sorry for the bad english, i'm portuguese x'D )

Well, first of all , thank you so much!
And yeah, I believe that is the case if you don't download those things, so it's nothing crucial. The lot will still be ok.
Let me know if it isn't, though.
Or if you need further instructions with finding the downloads.

(And english isn't my first language either, so I understand )

And thanks a lot, gabrielorie and psychicsocial! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:18 PM
I can't buy the house..
I love you're work but..
In my sims game, I can't buy this House.. Cause it;s to expensive..
my family money goes to a few million.. and this house is sooo much more..
with 10 numbers after the comma or more..

-Sorry,my English is not so good..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Dreams
and this house is sooo much more..

Whaaaat?! It says this house cost more than - like what, a million? - in the game?
But it's suppose to cost 44 438 (for the unfurnished) to 94 254 (for the furnished one), as said in the post.
How is this possible...?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 10:09 AM
Thanks for these beautiful, amazing house. Oh, I loveee it!
And I don't speak english too. :P
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Dreams
I love you're work but..
In my sims game, I can't buy this House.. Cause it;s to expensive..
my family money goes to a few million.. and this house is sooo much more..

-Sorry,my English is not so good..

I have the same problem, I'll try to download it again..
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:27 PM
Yeah, its beautiful and I really like it, but when I want to go into the house, it stops and doesnt load, and the sims 2 finishes. I dont know what the problem should be, I have the Open for Business pack and IKEA stuff too! Could someone help me please?
(sorry for my English, I'm from Hungary)
Site Helper
#11 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Jan 2011 at 4:32 PM.
2JiP8: Usually, a lot will be alright if it is missing some of the downloads. However, this is not always true. I just recently had a problem with a lot which would crash without a specific item.

Chocolate Dreams, pseudo4all, Pepyhorse: Your problem is that the requirements for this lot are incorrect. Although it is marked as Open for Business, it actually requires at least Open for Business and Apartment Life, and probably all of University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, and Apartment Life.

Meriel:

These problems are occurring because the lot was created in a game which included Apartment Life. You cannot reduce the EP requirements for a lot by just avoiding using particular objects. Each EP has a new internal format for the lot package which is not backwards compatible.

When specifying the requirements for a lot, you must specify every single EP and SP that you had installed when you made the lot. This is why so many people use the AnyGameStarter when creating lots. It is the only way, short of uninstalling your EPs, which will allow you to reduce the EP requirements for a lot. Please edit this thread and add all of the EPs that you are using as requirements for this lot. You'll probably find that your other lots have the same problem.

You also might want to review the creator guidelines:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Lots_and_Houses

Quote:
Lots will generally require all expansion packs that you had installed when you created and packaged the lot. Even if you did not use items from those expansion packs, the lot will still require those expansions because the file format of the actual lot changes with every EP.

[...] Please make sure you mark the correct expansions and stuff packs required when uploading lots!

If users install lots that require more expansions than they have installed, it can cause their game to crash when they click on the lot in the lot bin. To be safe, mark the lot as requiring all of the Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs you had installed when you created and packaged the lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 4:09 PM
I installed Appartement Life and i can buy the house now. Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Meriel:

These problems are occurring because the lot was created in a game which included Apartment Life. You cannot reduce the EP requirements for a lot by just avoiding using particular objects. Each EP has a new internal format for the lot package which is not backwards compatible.

When specifying the requirements for a lot, you must specify every single EP and SP that you had installed when you made the lot. This is why so many people use the AnyGameStarter when creating lots. It is the only way, short of uninstalling your EPs, which will allow you to reduce the EP requirements for a lot. Please edit this thread and add all of the EPs that you are using as requirements for this lot. You'll probably find that your other lots have the same problem.

You also might want to review the creator guidelines:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Lots_and_Houses

Oh my, do I have a lot of things to do now...

Thank you the help, Mootilda!

And I apologize, everybody, for all the misunderstanding and... just, complication and all. I'll try and figure this out.
Site Helper
#14 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:17 PM
It's a very understandable mistake.

I saw your journal entry about reducing the EP requirements for your lots. You mentioned that people were having problems with crashing, so I decided to download your lot and investigate. I checked a few of your other lots, too.

Unfortunately, there's no way to reduce the EP requirements for a lot without rebuilding it from scratch without those EPs installed. The AnyGameStarter basically uninstalls selected EPs temporarily by making changes to the registry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:07 PM
Chocolate Dreams, pseudo4all, Pepyhorse: Your problem is that the requirements for this lot are incorrect. Although it is marked as Open for Business, it actually requires at least Open for Business and Apartment Life, and probably all of University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, and Apartment Life.

According to my inspection with AnyGameStarter, it requires Open for Business and Apartment Life, not the rest of the expansions (thankfully.)
This concers the unfurnished version, whereas the furnished version requires Open for Business, Ikea, AND also Apartment Life.

Again, I'm so sorry about this.
Site Helper
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:12 AM
That's good news. It's always nice to minimize the EP requirements, so that more people can enjoy your beautiful buildings.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 2:50 PM
That's good news. It's always nice to minimize the EP requirements, so that more people can enjoy your beautiful buildings.

Yeah, and thank you!

I'll definitely make use of AnyGameStarter with my future lots, so thanks for enlightening me with it's use .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 1:53 AM
This house is darn shmeckshee! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:46 AM
wonderful house

though i encountered a bit of a problem....some of the objects and the wallpapers and floors don't appear....what happened?

if ever...where can i find those beautiful wallpapers you used?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 7:02 PM
7thheaven -

By "some of the objects" do you mean the ones listed under "Custom Content required but NOT included" (see thread)? Because if so you need to download those seperately in order for them to appear.

Not sure why the floors and wallpapers aren't appearing though. That's a new one...
The floors and walls in this lot are all by me and I've only uploaded some of them seperately. You can find some of those I've used here and here. However, if you'd like I could send you the rest.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meriel
7thheaven -

By "some of the objects" do you mean the ones listed under "Custom Content required but NOT included" (see thread)? Because if so you need to download those seperately in order for them to appear.

Not sure why the floors and wallpapers aren't appearing though. That's a new one...
The floors and walls in this lot are all by me and I've only uploaded some of them seperately. You can find some of those I've used here and here. However, if you'd like I could send you the rest.

thanks....i finally downloaded them.... thank you very much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 2:51 AM
Stunning! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:50 AM
Works well for me- I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:09 PM