Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 2:30 AM
Default random money making?
i looked and didn't see a question like this. i notice every once in a while that 1,200 dollars is added to my sims household funds when none of them are at work or doing anything to make money. at first i figured i was just missing something since i was fast forwarding to speed one sims skill biulding. but it just happened and everyone is home and watching TV.

it's not a huge deal (obviously, lol) but i wouldn't mind knowing if there was a reason.

annie
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:58 AM
This happens in my game too. (At least, this happened before I got the latest patch. I haven't played much since.)

In some families it is 1200, in some it is 950. I always thought it was the runaway butlers' paychecks, since it only happens to families who have had and "misplaced" butlers. I have no evidence of this, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:49 AM
They are selling the stuff in their inventories..probably cars since they tend to acquire them since the new patch.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:05 PM
Can controlled sims really sell stuff autonomously?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:50 PM
Do you have Twallan's mod? If so, then it could be that the cars are being sold at midnight when the program runs. Otherwise an active sim should not not sell stuff...unless you mean they are inactive when they gain the money.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 2:41 PM
loll i forgot i made this thread.

i don't use Butlers, annaIME, but i've noticed it's either 1200 or 950. and nope, no mods. and it's when the sims are doing nothing to make money. like right now they're all sleeping. lol. and voila i gain 920 dollars.

annie
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 6:26 PM
I would like to know this too. While playing my household, my single, self-employed sim got 3500 simoleons, and I have no idea why. I do play with Twallan's SP mod, and the town is new, so no deaths yet for my sim to gain an inheritance, so I am confused.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 12:53 AM
I have had this happen with my legacy family, and only since i installed NL, it was rather odd, they randomly get $950 added to their money. They do have a butler whom is a very happy employee. They also are a big family, and have a lot of money coming in from royaltys/business owner ship etc. But there was no reason for this particular money added. I dont get it!
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 1:13 AM
I've noticed it, and I do have several mods running but none likely to add money randomly to my game. My biggest reason for not keeping legacy families around is how easy it is to get money in the first place, and then the game randomly gives you money as well.

I originally thought the free money was from my toons being famous, but I can't support that line of thinking.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#10 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 6:03 AM
I seem to distantly recall fixing something like this in an old version of AwesomeMod. Perhaps this is one of those bugs afflicting the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#11 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 6:13 AM
Is it possible at all to catch Pescado when he does not tell people how awesome his AwesomeMod is?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 7:42 AM
Well, maybe if you people weren't constantly regurgitating problems I encountered and killed, then flailing your arms impotently about it when a solution already exists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:13 AM
Well i keep trying to re-download awesome mod and it keeps breaking my game, and when i asked about it i got no response so have since abandoned awesome mod. Perhaps if the awesome inventor of awesome mod dealt with legitimate questions our games would break less since he says he fixes it all?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#14 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 11:34 AM
I haven't heard any such questions. Where did you ask them, and what did it break?

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:53 PM
It is really sad that this game requires mods to work. As for Awesome Mod, I went there recently and the people were too busy correcting grammar to answer questions so I left. LOL I do find it hilarious but its not actually conducive to asking legitimate questions. And don't tell me that those people are inferior for having bad grammar. Sorry, but the world is a big place, room for everyone.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:11 PM
I've never had any problems asking questions on MATY, the times I've needed help with a mod or whatever over there. The people they tend to really make fun of are those who make no effort to answer questions for themselves, or type like they're texting on their phone rather than typing on a forum. As long as you're courteous, make an effort, and don't act like a complete idiot, they're not so bad. It may also help to say something like, "I've tried search terms 'blah' and 'blahblah' and 'blahblahblah' but couldn't find anything relevant... is there something I should be searching for instead?"

Or maybe they're just nice to me because I have a creator hat so they know I'm not a complete moronic noob.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#17 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:10 PM
Yeah, people on MATY do not bite until there is a reason.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#18 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:09 PM
Anyway it doesn't matter about the grammar corrections, if you just keep your cool and wait, eventually you will get the help you asked for. It's only if you start trying to fight back that it really descends into mayhem.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
Yeah, people on MATY do not bite until there is a reason.

Yeah right....If you believe that then fine. I know better. I have never been bitten but then I read without asking questions. If I really need a question answered, I ask elsewhere. But I really am bothered by the way some folks are treated there. I suppose some of us may just have a different level of sensitivity when it comes to the treatment of others.

However, I am not about to use a complex mod from a site where I don't feel comfortable with atmosphere. At Twallans I never feel that way. Since Twallan's code does deal with the genetics that are important to me, I see no reason to switch.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Anyway it doesn't matter about the grammar corrections, if you just keep your cool and wait, eventually you will get the help you asked for. It's only if you start trying to fight back that it really descends into mayhem.

Um...okay. Sorry, but have you ever done those little tests where you are classified based on your ideology? Well, mine falls firmly in the justice area and I guess that is why it bothers me when I see others make fun of people they don't even know, sometimes for no reason. Then I see others jump on them, join the bandwagon. I am the mom who fights against bullying and adopted children with special needs so I could help them to succeed.

Stupid of me to express my opinion here though, I know. LOL So anyway, we all have to do what makes us feel good so no worries.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:47 PM
You're a bit on the confrontational side, aren't you, rian90?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
It is really sad that this game requires mods to work. As for Awesome Mod, I went there recently and the people were too busy correcting grammar to answer questions so I left.
You showed up on Grammar Day, didn't you? That one our holidays, so of course they did.

And people don't get attacked for no reason, they get attacked because they did something stupid.

Banned
#22 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 7:11 PM
to rian90

Oh, this is how one chooses a mod - watching social atmosphere on a modding forum.

I don't know what exactly you "know better", but what I know of MATY is:
You ask proper question, you get proper answer.
You ask a question answered twice on the previous page, you get treated like shit.

And I didn't really get your point concerning children, but I am sure MATY is not a place for children.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 7:31 PM
Back regarding the free money...I just noticed it happening after the latest patch and I use neither Twallan nor Pescado's mods. Nor do strange cars appear in my inventory, but it does appear to be happening at the same time at night.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:18 PM Last edited by jazzem : 20th Dec 2010 at 9:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I haven't heard any such questions. Where did you ask them, and what did it break?

I had it on base game, and after i got WA i tried to reinstall an updated version of it that said WA compatible and my game simply didnt load, i clicked and the game starter opened but when i clicked the play button it just closed and nothing happened, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game worked fine then i installed Awesome to make sure it wasnt some wierd glitch that one time and same thing.

I posted it on MATY after searching for about a week for a solution and after a couple of months no response so i gave up. I was only using awesome mod and Twallans story progession, but the second go i used only awesome, which i already thought was the issue cos the updated twallans had worked fine. So now i play an un-modded game and live with the glitches.

Hmmm i didnt mean to start a big debate. And i think i came across quite confrontational there and i didnt mean to. I was a bit frustrated but i figured it got lost or something. I think i find at MATY that the people there can be so judgmental it can make it a little scary for the average person to say anything in case they get called a moron or something. I know i was nervous. I get that you all do mods out of your spare time and dont have time for people who dont try but is the rudeness really necessary? I kind of feel a quick note to say "please remember that we do this in our spare time and do your best to make sure you have looked everywhere before you come here" is sufficient. Must you resort to nastiness? What do you feel you achieve by it?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
You showed up on Grammar Day, didn't you? That one our holidays, so of course they did.

Yup..my mistake! LOL I didn't know it was Grammar Day! Glad I didn't post! Phew!!!! Escaped that one.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You're a bit on the confrontational side, aren't you, rian90?

Actually Inge, I am not. I have been here for years and no one knows who I am because I usually mind my own business. I guess I should go back to doing that today. Really, it was silly of me to even bring it up.

Although I would not call expressing one's opinion confrontational. Useless and off topic, yes. Thanks for understanding.
Page 1 of 2