Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1885 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Shazoka : 15th Dec 2010 at 11:02 PM.
Default Sims Don't Show Up!
I am getting very frustrated first of all. I used to have Windows XP and my sims 3 games worked fine on there... it blew up so we got a Mac.

So I go to load CC stuff and everything is fine. Hair, skins, makeup, clothing, etc etc, shows up.... except downloaded sims.

Directory: ProgramFiles/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/SavedSims

I also have a mods folder within sims 3 --> Mods --> Packages

I contacted sims 3 support group (official) and all they said is to do an update, since my posting I gave them had update issues. Now my update issues are fixed but my downloaded sims don't show up. I have put my sim files/packages both in SavedSims and Packages.. nope. Nada. On my EA launcher it has the sims as installed... ok? Where are they?!

I don't have any mods or sliders. Infact I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it. So now I'm sitting with all my CC gone and a brand new game... and the sims I download STILL don't show up.

Games: Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night

EDIT: Now when I go to download the sims to my game it says an error occurred while installing the content and to check the log.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 11:43 PM
All custom content should be in Documents, not Programs. However - it sounds like you're using sims3packs, not .sim files? If so, sims3packs don't go in SavedSims, and there's another problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:00 AM
Thank you for replying.

Ok, so I opened up the document folder --> EA --> Sims 3

What folders do I need to create (if any) and where do my files go? I saw a Downloads folder in which holds the sims I did download (the ones that aren't showing up). I removed Mods --> Packages folder from the Program File section.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:18 AM
For Mods/Packages, follow this guide - it's written mainly for Windows, but it works just as well on Mac: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki. If you had installed the .dll file for custom content to Program Files in the past, then you need to delete that as well.

The sims you're trying to install, is the filetype SIM, or Sims3pack?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:48 AM
Ok, I followed the directions on the link you gave me.

I'm confused. When I download it initially says Sims3Pack but then when I look the sims I downloaded in the documents --> sims 3 --> SavedSims folder it shows them as .Sim?

I now have a Mods folder under documents ---> EA --> Sims 3 --> Mods --> Packages with Resource file in Mods folder.

I got into the game and I'm still not seeing them.
I'm probably missing a step, aren't I?
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazoka
Ok, I followed the directions on the link you gave me.

I'm confused. When I download it initially says Sims3Pack but then when I look the sims I downloaded in the documents --> sims 3 --> SavedSims folder it shows them as .Sim?

I now have a Mods folder under documents ---> EA --> Sims 3 --> Mods --> Packages with Resource file in Mods folder.

I got into the game and I'm still not seeing them.
I'm probably missing a step, aren't I?

.Sim is the correct format, are you looking in the right place for them? They will not be in the family bin but rather in CAS as a template sim.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 2:10 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! :D

I didn't realize they were filed under premade sims!

You just made my winter break!

Section jump