Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEFAULT - Granny Dress w/o White Bucketfill! + 3 Funky Recolors

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 17th Dec 2010 at 10:13 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2010 at 5:25 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 10:17 PM
Thank you for change those bored plaid colours into funky textures dresses! :D
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 12:52 AM
therasmuse Glad you like them. The green and blue are still there, they just have colored shoes and hems instead of bucketfill white. The funky textures are new dresses.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 8:59 AM
THANK YOU for turning those horrible Maxis dresses into something our Sim grandmas can wear with pride (instead of with a bag over their heads so none of their neighbours will recognise them)! Sometimes, I seriously wonder if Maxis are making their textures in Paint.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 9:27 AM
NixNivis Thank you. I think the Maxis artists were making rather nice dresses, and had just gotten the alpha for the hems and shoes done, when the bosses said "that looks done to us, ship it!". And the artists said "But the shoes and hems are just alpha maps right now! We haven't done the coloring and shading yet!". Then the higher ups said "La la la la la, we can't hear you, we are too busy counting our profits." I imagine it went down something like that. That's probably how conversations between quality assurance / testing and the big cheeses went too.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 4:17 AM
Your fixes make all the difference, and the dresses look better now. The patterned dresses just look so awesome, and it's hard to imagine they are from the same mesh! Can you make the patterned dresses the default textures? I think the solids look awfully plain compared to your new patterns, and I'd love to have the patterns instead.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 4:44 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 19th Dec 2010 at 7:37 AM.
marie2sims Thank you, so glad you like them. I don't plan to change the defaults, but if you wish to, go right ahead. You can do it for your own game by just swapping the textures in the default replacement file with ones from the custom pattern dresses.

edit: The three new dresses are decustomized, so new townies and aging sims can wear them.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 9:42 AM
Beautiful creation ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 7:25 PM
Very nice! I never really noticed the white bucket fill before, but now that you mention it... yuck. What was Maxis thinking? Or did they just forget to finish those parts of the texture?

Anyway, I love the new patterned ones. Thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:35 PM
Finally, those dresses become usable. Nice recolours too.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:17 AM
This is just what I needed. That dress and the awful "necklace" were really bothering me.
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:01 AM
Ive looked at your "save our sim elders"- stuff for a long time, havent had the time to dedicate. But this is clearly one of the must have ones.
I think the shoes, mostly in Base Game, suffered a lot. Most of them are just clumps (or those sandals) with some colour smacked on top. Well, you have done a good job!
And thank you for removing the neclace.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:13 PM
Much improved, thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM
I see the shoes mesh is needed (in the download description). Where do I find this?