Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 4843 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Unable to connect to EA download manager.
Hi all,
I have been playing the Sims 3 since it came out but i have realised that it has never updated. I wanted to check this so i went into game updates and saw that this was true. Infact, a sign saying Error: Unable to connect to EA download manager, appeared. I have tried reloading it as i read in other forums. I also read that if you remove Mods it helps. The problem is, i can not find evidence of there being any mods on my sims 3 i looked in Program Files etc. I'm begging for your help as i am many many updates behind. I am currently playing version 1.0.631.00002 which i assume is very old as it has not updated since i started playing, as far as i know. Please help.
Thank you in advance, Naomi x
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 3:19 PM
I also unistalled the whole game all cc and everything else, the problem still exists
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 3:56 PM
Try this:

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
In the Arena
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:51 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Launcher and/or EADM Issues
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch or Launcher won't even start, please try the suggestions on these FAQ articles:

It might also be due to an outdated EADM. Try the suggestions in the EADM FAQ.

You can also not deal with or not rely on EADM and patch manually: Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki.

Section jump