Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 2067 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 7:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Age transition glitch
I've gone through everything on thi page: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Loading_Crashes and it doesn't seem to work.

My game never crashed until now and I have all expansions and packs (not fast lane) installed.

There are 5 members of my family out of which one is a teenager and the twins are children. So far their aging had been going just fine. Even with the wife/mother who had gone from young adult to adult without problems.
The problem happened when the father/husband was transitioning from Adult to Elder. He's a gardener and he and the oldest son were working in the big garden when the birthday "festivity" appeared. He was making noise and jumping happily around when suddenly... he stopped and nothing happened. The "age transition" icon was still standing in the corner, but he didnt grow old. So I decided to wait and see if he'll grow old the day after. Again, nothing happened so I was going to use the "shift+click" cheat to make him grow old (I don't remember if I clicked it or not)

Nothing happened.

I saved the game and restarted it. In the family icon, I saw that the father was now old. But in the game, the b-day icon was still there and he was jumping around happily again. The thing was that the boys now needed to go to school and the mother finished her painting. So there was a lot of action going on (exclusive the butler). And as soon as the boys start moving, the crash occurs. It happened three times so far.

I remember changing the length of a sim's life sometimes before that (from long to medium). That's all I remember.

Anyone have an idea how I can save that gameplay cause I've been playing a while and I'd hate to lose it :S

Though these eyes are wide open, no light ever shines in them
Advertisement
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 1:46 PM
You saved after getting glitches?

Have you tried the resetsim cheat on the household members?
Does this affect only this Household or all Households in this game?
Just this save game or all save games? Test on a new, cc-free game and age up an Adult, to confirm.

If you have not played the game after reporting the above, you might be able to follow the suggestions in Game_Help:Restoring_Backup_Saveswiki.

In any case, the aging glitch has been happening since a few updates back IIRC, but so far all reports that I've read only affect the children, not Adults to Elder transition.
So either you have some incompatible CC or something else is going on in the game to cause this, as it is not widely reported afaik. (the Adults --> Elder age glitch, I mean)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 4:52 PM
I used the backup I had and when my sim reached his b-day, again I had the same problem. He'd celebrate a little and then... nothing. I'd back up my game, save the current progress, go out to the main window and start the game again and the game would continue with him being old. The problem was that for the next seven or so days, he celebrated b-day every night and nothing would happened afterwards. he was always old. On the eight day, I actually saw the age transition animation and the problem stopped there... I'll wait and see how things go with the next sim :/

I did start the game without CC but the prob persisted

Though these eyes are wide open, no light ever shines in them

Section jump