Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 2576 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 1:22 AM
Default Any way to block ghosts from going somewhere?
My ghosts keep leaving the family graveyard and its extremely annoying. I'm trying to block them from getting out, but no luck so far Any ideas?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:52 AM
i had this problem with one of my previous families. The guy would regularly raid the cemetary and store the bodies in his basement. Every night, about ten ghosts would wake up and some would wander into the black of the basement and vanish, others would go upstairs, and then start roaming outside of the house. If anyone knows how to fix this, it'd really be great, especially since I have a new family in a big house.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:04 AM
Move the graves to the cemetery. That is the only way I know of stopping them from roaming around your house. They are ghost and wall or fence you put up they can float through. It is a ghost's job to float around and haunt.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzySim
Move the graves to the cemetery. That is the only way I know of stopping them from roaming around your house. They are ghost and wall or fence you put up they can float through. It is a ghost's job to float around and haunt.


That doesn't solve my problem. I already have them at a graveyard (just one I built myself), but every night they leave the graveyard. Can ghosts go through roofs?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:15 AM
I have not had ghosts leave the cemetery and go to my house.. not even ones that used to be resting on the house lot. I have no idea if ghost can go through roofs, my guess would be no as the ghost don't actually fly, but float over the ground. Though if the roof were low to the ground and being used for slanted walls on a one story house some how my guess then would be yes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:21 AM
Umm I never said they went to my house? Sorry for the confusion.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcatmonkey
My ghosts keep leaving the family graveyard and its extremely annoying. I'm trying to block them from getting out, but no luck so far Any ideas?
If it's anything like TS2, try surrounding their spawn site with an impassable moat. Ghosts can't swim non-pool water.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:39 PM
So, your family graveyard is on a separate - either community or residential lot - and this is the place where your problem occurs, right? Well, in this case there is nothing you can do other than actually trying to build a moat. Ghosts the graves of which are not on the actually played residential lot of your family are treated like service NPCs as soon as they spawn and the moment they appear receive a command to "go home", with home being "nowhere". That's why they'll jump into a car or head off on foot and finally disappear into some uninhabited house.
There are various threads here and at other places where this issue has been talked about and most agree that this particular ghost behaviour came with the release of Ambitions and hasn't been changed since then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
If it's anything like TS2, try surrounding their spawn site with an impassable moat. Ghosts can't swim non-pool water.


Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44
Well, in this case there is nothing you can do other than actually trying to build a moat. .



A moat was one of the first things I tried. Thanks though. I think I'm going to try it again , making the moat thicker this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44
Ghosts the graves of which are not on the actually played residential lot of your family are treated like service NPCs as soon as they spawn and the moment they appear receive a command to "go home", with home being "nowhere". That's why they'll jump into a car or head off on foot and finally disappear into some uninhabited house.
There are various threads here and at other places where this issue has been talked about and most agree that this particular ghost behaviour came with the release of Ambitions and hasn't been changed since then


Yeah, I heard about why it happens too. I guess it was something unfinished done for the ghosthunter career. I hope EA gets rid of it, or someone comes up with a fix. thanks.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:36 AM
Default If you have WA or Ambitions
Put the grave in a Basement with no stairs
And you can perhaps put some nice furniture in there.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcatmonkey
Umm I never said they went to my house? Sorry for the confusion.


If the graves are off your home lot, and they are not going to your house and haunting objects and getting in the way then what is the problem with them leaving the cemetery?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcatmonkey
A moat was one of the first things I tried. Thanks though. I think I'm going to try it again , making the moat thicker this time.


Not sure if that will work, I've had ghosts float right over the top of large swamps in Twinbrook.
Alchemist
#13 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzySim
If the graves are off your home lot, and they are not going to your house and haunting objects and getting in the way then what is the problem with them leaving the cemetery?


If you want to interact with the ghosts in the cemetery for whatever reason, or you are trying to get some of the supernatural photo collections that require pictures of multiple ghosts, etc, you can't really do any of that if the ghosts are leaving as soon as they come out.
Back to top

Section jump