Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 7977 times. | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Alan_Gast : 31st Dec 2010 at 5:36 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets
Default CAW error - "The Sims 3 Game Data was not found" - *SOLVED*
Hey guys! This is pretty embarrassing as I feel like one of those "OMGZZZ MY SXC CLOZEZ WONT SHOW UPP!!!11!" people, but this keeps happening to me - everytime I go to open CAW I get this really annoying error:

It is really driving me crazy as I was making progress on a world. I will try to give you any info you need to help me.

Thank you!

Visit my blog for exclusive sims! : Niagara Luv Tub

Also, check out my tumblr if you want!
Advertisement
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 6:41 PM
Drag Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 CreateAWorld to the desktop and try then. Does it run now?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 6:39 PM
No.

I have a feeling I installed something into the wrong place.

Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 8:46 PM Last edited by whiterider : 31st Dec 2010 at 5:33 PM.
Are your TS3 games installed to the normal place, or somewhere else? I can't check this as my gaming machine is in another country, but is there an options file of some sort in the Documents/CAW folder that you could edit manually to fix the install path?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#5 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:07 PM
The only candidate for that I can think of is Default.local.ini in [Install Location]\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create a World Tool, is that what you mean whiterider?

Alan_Gast, do you mean you think you installed the game to the wrong place? Or are you referring to mods?

Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:19 PM
Well, as of now, HELS and TS3 refused to install via the uninstall shield thing, so I had to go manual uninstall, so I'll check back in a bit when I get everything up and running.

I actually just installed everything to the default location. I think I meant I installed CAW or the base game or something to a wrong place as I usually do custom install.

"is there an options file of some sort in the Documents/CAW folder that you could edit manually to fix the install path?"

Such as? Sorry! Aah I fail at computers.

Thank you for your time anyway, I'll be back in a bit.

Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 11:13 AM
Hi guys. So, right now, my game is getting the "There was an error during startup - please check the log for details" error on the launcher after I update my base game - even when I tried to installed LN. I really don't know what to do. CAW is STILL getting the "No sims 3 game data found" error, and I'm stuck with a version 1.0 Base game, no CC, no anything. ;_;

I don't know why this is happening, and I know I'm horribly pathetic to get so overworked and upset about a game and all, but guuh, when I can't fix something it sticks in my brain all day.

So, just to clarify - My main error right now is the "There was an error during startup - please check the log for details" error. Sorry if I'm being a handful, I am just scared I'll lose all the stuff I've been working on for months.

~Thanks.

#8 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 12:19 PM
You won't lose anything- as long as you backup.

Copy Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 and Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 CreateAWorld/ User Tool Data to a safe place. Then you have a safe backup, in case something goes amiss.

Now, the best thing to do is to make sure all of your EPs and SPs are fully up to date. Check your gameversions and patch any games which are not fully updated:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ind_Gameversion
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...elp:Patch_Table
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ownload/Current

Now I would suggest to uninstall CAW, redownload it so that you have the latest version, and then reinstall it. I've found that the program can be temperamental when the game is patched, and reinstalling after patching will ensure it all works.

Check that CAW runs with the Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 CreateAWorld folder deleted before copying your files back.

Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:09 PM
Hey! Well, I got rid of the launcher error by downloading RevoInstall and getting rid of all traces of HELS and TS3 off my computer, reinstalled only the base game and successfully patched up my game to 1.18.9 (yay) but I'm still getting the CAW error.

I'll try downloading it again. But at least The Sims 3 is working and is patched up.

#10 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:03 PM
Cool, make sure you clear your browser caches before redownloading, in case you are getting an old copy.

Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 7:52 PM
Ok, so I cleared browser cache, re-downloaded and re-installed CAW and it STILL gets that error. Also, installing an EP won't work for some reason. I have to make do with FLS.

Do you have CAW installed? If you do could I ask you to post some screens of the install locations? Such as where CAW and the BG are installed. Thanks for all your help.

Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 9:31 AM
OK, after messing about with files, I am no longer getting THAT error. But I'm getting a new one:

I'll see what I can do.

#13 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 11:05 AM
Alan_Gast, are you on XP? If so then just use the default install locations- install the game and CAW to Program Files/ Electronic Arts.

I'm not sure why you're getting that last error if you have redownlaoded CAW, it suggests that your gameversions do not match. Could you post your gameversions for us to see, for basegame and each EP/ SP? Here are instructions:
http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...ind_Gameversion

Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:18 PM
Hey! Well, I finally got late night to install without effing up the launcher, and updated to current version. Heres the Game Versions: (I have only base game and LN installed on my system. And yes, I'm using XP)

Base game:

GameVersion = 1.18.9.009002

Late Night

GameVersion = 6.1.11.009001

Thanks for bearing with me.

Also, how large is the CAW file? (if you have it installed) Strangely for me, when its downloading in google chrome it shows for eg. 25mb/157mb, but when I do the "check in folder" option it shows up as 156mb!

Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:34 PM
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD! I got it working! Woooh! Sorry for being so silly, but hells yeah!

This is probably very bad, but I cut>pasted all caw files from its programmefiles folder into the TS3 programmefiles folder, updated all my games and viola!

A very sincere thank you for all your help, Simsample, and to Whiterider. It'd be good if you didn't delete this thread as I'm sure my fellow noobs who can't figure out computers would appreciate it sometimes.

Thank you again, and have a great New Year!

#16 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:08 PM
Well done for fixing it, I'm glad you got it sorted! :D

Closed Thread

Section jump