Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 11:09 PM
Default What's your playstyle?
Pure curiosity: how do you usually play the sims? do you play legacies? play single sims? try for lifetime wants?

i seem to always play legacies - and i always get to gen 4. then i start again, sure that this time i'll make it to gen 10. lol.

sayuri
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:42 AM
I play 1 Sim at a time, life span on epic, give them a few fun traits and send them off. I never really try for a family or anything, maybe date someone every now and again, but I normally plays to try out the main gameplay offered up to me, like hit up a bar or night club, get a profession (usually the designer) or go on "vacation". Nothing too taxing. I don't want to have to manage an entire town, or family. I turn on progression and let the other Sims be.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 1:00 AM
I try and see how rich and successful I can make my sims, and if I get bored, I set them on fire or have one get caught cheating. Just needs a little drama sometimes. :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 2:40 AM
i usually get bored with playing my sims and mainly build houses and sims.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 3:09 AM
the only games that keep my interest for longer than 10 minutes nowadays are the challenges. legion, legacy, family man, etc.

oddly enough i just realized that they all have to do with breeding. o_O

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 3:13 AM
I normally just cheat to keep my sims mood at static but then I get massive urges to make sim A have an affair with sim C behind sim B's back. Or just kill them. Because it gets boring quickly. Now to try and revive my interest in the Sims 3, I play without any cheats. The Glover household is going alright....
Alchemist
#7 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:39 AM
I make stories most of the time :P. And, when I like a family very much, I just play them until they die.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 8:19 AM
Mine is start with a single sim and play from there, make them find love and go from there... sometimes joke around and let them be in love with the same sex for variety (usually its with the maids LOL) and yeah...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 9:36 AM
I play stories as well. The stories are inspired by the Sims and their action, instead of forced by me. I don't play in rotation, instead I play what ever family I feel like playing. I switch families when I feel like it or if a kid grows to a teen, because I want to see how the teen interacts with other members of the town so their personality can come forward, instead of having me dictate how they interact.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:25 AM
At the moment it's trying to prevent all the vamps from dying and when they do reviving them.. PITA. I've got all the good mods for self-vamp preservation installed, but they still just decide to disintigrate or eat plasma fruit - boring! My Elvira (I renamed her, Elvira - really?!?) managed to become the Empress of Evil and you see her walking around and eating the fruit.. like!! PLEASE!? So many of them go out and get burned for no reason. gah!

Anyway, I used to play one big family, but the kids grew up and so I decided to move them out. One of the kids wanted to be a rock star, so I fulfilled that and now she's in a band, and it's so hard to get gigs. She had a kid...

I also love to build, but I get bored of it real quick because my computer is lame. I do a lot of sim styling and editing all the townies/NPC puds into sims that look different from one another.

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:53 AM
Most of the time, I'm overhauling the whole neighborhoods. I give most of the sims other traits and clothes and see, what story progression does. I'm aging children to teenager, because it's more interesting for me. And when I get bored, I switch on aging, disable opportunities and go shopping. When I come back, all sims are dead and sometimes it's faszinating to see the grown up children or babys.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 2:13 PM
Well what I'm really into now is controlling a progressive neighborhood. Starting with two sims who fall in love and have children that eventually grow up and have their own children and so on. While thats happening I like to mess around in town, like tearing down old/unused/unattractive buildings and building new ones or creating unique sims just for the pudding folk to marry and procreate with. Luckily the expansion packs Ambitions and Late Night allow you to add an array of new venues to your town. It's like each sim generation is seeing a different town than the one before
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:07 PM
I usually rarely make it past Gen 2 on a legacy....

I dunno, I really wanna go farther than that!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 6:30 PM
I have the bad habit of cheating. As soon as I start up my game, I put in my 'testingcheatsenabled true' and make their needs static. After about 20 minutes of gameplay, I delete said Sim and start all over again. I also find myself to be very controlling over my Sims; you have this job, you marry that dude, you have X-amount of children. This time around, I'd like to let my Sims live the lives they want. Everything will be beyond my control. You want that job? Sure. Wanna marry that Sim? Awesome. I'll just do the pointing-and-clicking. Maybe that will make things fun again.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
I play legacy after legacy after legacy, none of which actually get to ten generations. But now that I'm blogging about it, I'm hoping to get to the 10th generation.

After that, though, I plan on making one sim to explore all that LN has to offer. Then I'll make a sim to vacation all the time with. Maybe I'll even have a sim try out all the careers, but probably not.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 8:51 PM
i'm new to legacy challanges, and i've attempted 1 and failed at it twice. my typical gameplay is to control everything, and try my best to fufill lifetime wish, and have children. i love having families, the bigger the better. most i've had is 6 kids and 2 adults. that was until i found a mod (i'm new to this whole MOD thing) that allows for more sims in a household. so eventually i'm going to try to run a household of 16 sims. i'm still trying to manage 6,so i'm a long way off. i've NEVER made it past the second generation, because i usually run off and make another family, and start playing them. and i play them in a different game because i dont want story progression to control my family. so doing a legacy is going to be a huge challange for me. and i'm up for it. i like to create single female sims and have them screw with the townies y breaking up families, then cheating, and have babies by whomever they are woohooing with at the time. and see how many times they can cheat before getting caught, if ever! or i'll create a male and female sim, and let them create their own family. so pretty basic i guess.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 9:41 PM
I try to do a little bit of everything LOL I start out by playing a test subject to get the hang off things so she usually tried to do everything there is. I most often get attached to my test subjects lol. Right now she doing the life time want thing, baby thing, marriage thing, and exploring./collecting thing. She did the single life thing, the town hussy thing, the broke life thing. I dont like story progression and I have aging off.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 9:47 PM
I play a 'pseudo-legacy'. I like to start with one sim and play through the generations, but I don't like having to start on an empty lot and I usually have all female sims take the husband's name, or vise-versa if I'm messing around with a matriarchal family premise. (I roll a dice for same-sex marriges.)
I played like this in TS2 too, but the furthest I've ever gotten before having to re-install because of some bug with my game or computer would be generation three...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 10:21 PM
I like big households, in TS2 I like to have up to twenty Sims, but since I don't use any hacks for TS3 I have to put up with the limit. Any less than five gets boring, but when the house is full I make a copy of the town and play part of the family in one copy and the rest in the other copy. I try to stay friends with the ones I move out, I ignore most other townies. I've only had kids with two guys I found in town, but I rather make my own Sims than breed with the townies. I add a new Sim to the houlsehold when someone needs a partner. I have some Sims I made that are unplayed where I pick the partners, or I make a new one if I can't find a good match. Most of my Sims are very normal, but I have one ghost. It took me a few weeks to kill him and he's still the only playable Sim that has died in TS3 which I've had since the start. Of the previously playable Sims only two has died. Not that I want to kill them, but it's insane how hard it is.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:41 PM
Every since the first sims I always played the traditional formula sim gets married has kids.It has finally bored me to death so now I'm playing single sims more some couples that never have kids.Also I'm not giving all sims their life wishes I want the game to have a little more realism.Hey its not the 1950's anymore after all.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:16 PM
I don't like playing with large families, so I usually play with a single sim. When I'm bored with her, I marry her off to someone and create a new sim. I use Twallans storyprogression, so it's never a problem that I only bother to create females. Storyprogression creates all the males the town needs
I like to see the hood evolve, so I rarely start a new game.

When I get bored, I usually try a challenge. Family Man is the one I've liked the best by now, and it really gives my town what it needs :P
Alchemist
#22 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:41 PM
I always start with a single sim and commence to populating the town with his offspring and future generations. Currently I'm on generation 8 with my main sim family with generations 6, 7, and 8 still living
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 7:48 PM
I usually start out by making a few young adult sims with interesting "themed" personalities, and then see where their lives take them.

When I got Late Night I made a girl rock band and had them start out as starving artists living in a crappy apartment. I played them long enough to each become 4 or 5 star celebrities near the top of their careers. By that time I had grown particularly fond of one of the sims so I moved her out to start a family.

After having about 5 kids with her (aging not on) and building a beautiful, expensive house for them all I eventually got tired of playing the family.

Once I get tired of playing them, they just become one of the families I populate my new town with when I start a new game.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:07 PM
Since I started to work on my story, I can't really say I'm playing in the classic sense of the term
Lately I'm mainly using the game to create new characters, pose sims for the pictures of my story and to test my own custom content.

Anyway, in my classic playing style, I usually start with a single sim (a male, more often than not), make him get a job and get some skills. Once he's got enough abilities and a pretty decent level at work, I start to build... human relationships. XD
I rarely make my sims marry townies, as I prefer to experiment with the genetics of my CAS sims, so wives and husbands are usually created by me. It usually takes a while before my sims get married... they often end up with a kid or two before they have a ceremony XD
Lately I'm really loving travels, so I often send my sims out :lovestruc
I played the legacy only once, generally I start over after one or two generations. I realised I have a tendency to make a lot of artists/writers/musicians... my sims really reflect my own interests. I can't stand politics and sports, for example, so none of my sims ever entered politics or joined the athletic career

Whenever I feel tired of the same old live/work/have kids, I try out challenges :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:22 PM
Up until recently, I only played single lifetime sims until their mid-adulthood just to see what game challenges I could accomplish before I got bored with them. Recently though, I've found challenges to be a lot more fulfilling, especially legacy challenges. The trick is staying focused and finishing the challenge.

Kleptomaniac, Hopeless romantic, Frugal, Family-Oriented, Over-Emotional

The Dahl Legacy
Page 1 of 2