Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 3340 times. | Locked by: werismyki Reason: RESOLVED
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 9:29 AM
Default Installing lot - .package files - Please help!! =(
Hi, first of all srr for my bad English.
1. I have downloaded some lots in .Sims3package type and used Sims3Pack Multi Installer to extract them to .package since I can use dashboard to find out the bad files. However I don't know how to install them.
I created a folder named Library in ...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and put the .package files inside. The lots appeared in the game however the custom item coming with the lots didn't appear in the buy mode (F2).
But when I move all the file in the ...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, the lot didn't appear anymore
So do I need to create a folder named house bin or something like that? Or how can I organize the files and put some in Mods\Packages folders?
Please help me since I couldn't find the guide anywhere =( I'm new in this stuff.

2. And just 1 more thing, I got some bad cc .package in game so is there any way for me to delete it straight away? Since using Sims3 Explorer to search a single bad one in hundreds files costs too much time

I'm using window 7 64bit and playing TS3 late night, all are updated to the latest patches.

Thank you very much.
Advertisement
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedust268
Hi, first of all srr for my bad English.
1. I have downloaded some lots in .Sims3package type and used Sims3Pack Multi Installer to extract them to .package since I can use dashboard to find out the bad files. However I don't know how to install them.
I created a folder named Library in ...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and put the .package files inside. The lots appeared in the game however the custom item coming with the lots didn't appear in the buy mode (F2).

Why not just install them with the Launcher? Is there some reason you don't want to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedust268
2. And just 1 more thing, I got some bad cc .package in game so is there any way for me to delete it straight away? Since using Sims3 Explorer to search a single bad one in hundreds files costs too much time

Use this guide:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t..._Custom_Content

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:21 AM
Tyvm simsample, I did the 50% method and solved the 2nd problem. Really appreciate your help.

About the 1st one, I don't want to use the launcher since I cannot check the conflict files and the bad cc. Last time after installing the lots, it made me crash frequently so I had to reinstall the game. Installing the .package files seems to be more safe than installing the .sims3package so I just wonder if there is any way I can do install the .package lots manually by myself X__X

By the way how can I click thanks since I don't see the thanks button to click on ?_?
#4 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:11 PM
Okay, this utility will help you to check Sims3Packs for additional content:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235
It's an alpha tool (for testing) but can be pretty useful. You can remove any CC from in the Sims3Pack before you install.

Then, I think the best thing to do would be to install via Launcher, or by manually extracting and putting in the Library folder. As you found out lots need to be in the Library to show up.

If there is any required CC for the lot, then install that separately (via Sims3pack or package). If the lot creator doesn't tell you what CC is needed, then download from somewhere else!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:21 PM
Ty so much for your suggestion . I have figured out a way that I can go in game and save all the custom lots to the bin and then I can delete the other files in the library after that. So I will only keep the saved lot in the library folder and move the .package files to the ...\Mods\Packages folder. It's tiny now.

By the way just 1 problem is I need some land to put the house in to save but I cannot find any land like 30x40 or 64x64 or 37x59 for example. So is there any way I can download and use that custom land size to put the house in? Because if I put the 30x55 house into the 60x60 land and save it, it will appear as 60x60 house >"<
#6 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:48 PM
You can make new lots with the edit world mode in-game, although you are restricted to what lot sizes you can create. For the nonstandard lot sizes you would either have to download this mod or else find a custom world with the lot sizes you require.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:53 PM Last edited by flamedust268 : 6th Jan 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Tyvm simsample =D I have researched for hours before in vain and now U helped me to solve all of them =x
Can't say thanks enough. Rly appreciate ur help. Tytyty ^ ^
#8 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 12:07 AM
No problem, glad you got it all fixed!

Closed Thread

Section jump