Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 18 (Who?), Viewed: 5725 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 4:05 AM
Default hot tub
I have the BG and Amb. My sims want a hot tub, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I've looked everywhere. Call me stupid if you wish, but where is the thing?

Please don't shop...adopt! www.drna.org Save a dachshund's life today!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 4:44 AM
Hot tubs only came with Late Night so no hot tub for you!
Alchemist
#3 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 2:10 PM
EA is using your Sims to try to get you to buy Late Night.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 4:02 PM
I get those wishes quite often: it's really badly behaved of EA trying to force everyone to buy LN - but I suppose the point of the company is to make money, and that means selling lots of copies of each expansion.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:37 PM
oooh burn!

Please don't shop...adopt! www.drna.org Save a dachshund's life today!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 3:58 AM
oh that aint RIGHT!

i KNEW ea games was evil!
i knewitiknewitiknewit!

too bad their games are addictive like heroin
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:51 AM
You don't have to buy late night to stop this just buy the outdoor living stuff pack Feb 1st. It comes with several hottubs and you won't need late night to use them.
Alchemist
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 7:02 AM
EA is using your Sims to get you to buy Outdoor Living.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:27 AM
I just laugh and right click.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:26 AM
ea games is using my addiction to make money off of me SOMEHOW.

and it's going to work, because either way, who doesnt want a hottub?
who doesnt want the possibilities of better dating interactions?

ea is the very devil. the very devil that i invited in and offered harddrive space to and offered to make cookies for.

it's ok, i needed a good all consuming addiction. drugs are too expensive, and noone wants to play D&D anymore, everyone plays WOW
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkloverplayer
You don't have to buy late night to stop this just buy the outdoor living stuff pack Feb 1st. It comes with several hottubs and you won't need late night to use them.

From what I've seen, I think there's only one hot tub... and I hope they have that because the one on the front cover is one from LN...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCarey
From what I've seen, I think there's only one hot tub... and I hope they have that because the one on the front cover is one from LN...

it says in the description two new hot tubs.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:40 AM
I just noticed this as I was playing and I don't have Late Night. It's gotta be a patch ploy to get us to buy it. And I gotta admit, it may be working.

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 3:58 PM
I agree- they deliberately held back a hot tub from the base game or from WA or AMB. I'm not allowed to buy LA, because it has ( as far as I've been told ) risque content. How much will OLS be?
Scholar
#15 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 7:17 PM
Or it could be, y'know, they just ripped some stuff out of Late Night, threw it into a patch, and didn't bother checking it over. Because it's EA.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:45 AM
Man thats a pain.. atleat they could tell us I spent so long looking for that darn hot tub grr.. now i have to go get the outdoor living lol
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#17 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 7:39 AM
Three hot tubs in LN (one's a celeb reward), and about five more in OL.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:56 AM
Same thing has been happening to me, WTF. And the "group" option is there too in Ambitions. I've never had Late Night, just played with a friend. So WTF?

You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you. -Mary Tyler Moore
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:40 AM
What "group" option in Ambitions? There should be the ability to "Group up" with friends and go out somewhere. Not forming a band!

Another option for a hot tub is to buy one from the EA Store, in the March 2011 Compilation, available for 3000 simpoints. Weirdly, the hot tub is included in the Compilation picture, but not in the list of items in the set. I definitely got it, though (and wondered why I didn't have anything else for it to match with). Of course, you can't buy it separately, but if you already have the base game and World Adventures, you should have 2000 simpoints for free already...

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional

Section jump