Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 9:42 AM
Default Horses are not just for girls
This is my FIRST sims 2 story, It was inspired by a friend of mine who is a guy who learned how to ride a horse because of his girlfriend. It has always been a stereotype that only girls ride horses, but there are PLENTY of teenage guys that do it! Hence the title.

Jake Gailand lays on the couch in the top floor of his friend's house. He has actually been living with with his best friend Colton for about 2 months, His parents are estranged and his mother has been abusive twoards him throuought his adolecence. He ran away from home and went to live with his best friend and his father. He has been best friends with Colton since the beginning of high school. Jake is about to doze off, but then a series of strange crashing noises on the roof awake him.
Jake:Damn Squirrels, Might as well hang out with Colt for a while.

Jake:Hey Colt, Whats up?

Colton: Nothin much, How about you?
Jake: Same here man.

Jake: So you're going there today?

Colton: Yeah,in a little while

Jake: It's funny, y'know? If you had'nt have gone out with Samantha, then you wouldn't know how to ride in the first place.

Colton: After we broke up last year, I wanted to continue doing it, got a problem with that?

Jake: I mean, look at you, Varsity Football, Varsity Lacrosse, You just dont look like the kind that would be into....Riding horses.

Colton: Well I was thinking of possibly today, taking you to the stable and possibly teaching you how to ride.

Jake ponders over it for a while

Jake:Well, ok Ill come with you, just DON'T expect me to get on a horse right away

Jake: Dad, I was thinking about taking Jake to the stable for a while, Can I
James: Ok! Be safe!
James is Colton's father, He is a professional bodybuilder. Unfortunatly him and his wife are separated, like Jake's parents.

Colton: I can? I love you Dad!
James: I love you too, Colt

The two of them go to the stable where the horses are kept

Colton: Well,here they are!

Jake: Wow, there are so many of them!

Jake: Who is this one?

Colton: This is Princess, She's a Thoroughbred Mare. She is actually an Ex-Racehorse, I guess her jockey got a faster horse. We didnt want her to go to the slaughterhouse, so we bought her!

Jake: This one is HUGE!!

Colton: He may be big, but he is the friendliest horse you could ever ride!

Colton: And this horse is the one I ride, his name is Star, He is a 12 year old Palamino gelding.
Jake: What's a Palamino?
Colton: Its a horse that's Golden Pearl in color.

Jake: Why is this stall empty?
Colton: The horse that was in there unfortunatly died of old age. He was about 39 years old, pretty old for a horse!

Colton: They are actually no stallions in this stable, only mares and all the male horses are geldings.
Jake: I forgot to ask you? Whats the difference between a gelding and a stallion?
Colton: A gelding is a castrated male horse. yes, the horse's balls are removed.
Jake: That's NASTY!
Colton: Yeah, I saw a horse get castrated, it was so f*cking gross.
But however, that is subject to change, you see we are getting a new horse, I saw it. A GORGEOUS black stallion.
Jake: Where did it come from?
Colton: He was actually a prized ranch horse, but his owner was abusive, and I heard he damn near whipped the poor horse to death.
Jake: OH my GOD! what kind of heartless bastard would do that?!?!

That day, Colton actually taught Jake how to ride
Jake: Colt, are you SURE I'm ready for this?
Colton: Yes you are, you really bonded with the horses at the stable, you're ready to ride! Now just put you're RIGHT foot in the stirrup and throw the other leg over, just don't accidentally kick her, because she WILL spook and take off.

Jake sucsessfully mounts for the first time!
Colton: Lookin' good Jake!

Then the boys start with a gentle walk.

Later that evening, the boys go hang out in the living room of Colton's house.
Colton: You did REALLY good riding Pasha today
Jake: Thanks man!
Colton: Also I would like you to go to the stable tommorrow. Mabye another riding lesson and mabye the new horse will come tommorrow.

James:Boys, Im going to the gym for a while!
Colton: Alright Dad, Also If the horse comes tommorrow, Dad will be there to help us.

Later, the three of them hang out in the Jacuzzi.

James: So Jake, How was your first time in the saddle?

Jake:It was SO cool! No wonder Colt Likes to do it!

Colton: I taught him everything he needs to know about riding, how to walk, trot and even canter.

James: I remember MY first time on a horse, It was when I as 16 years of age, and I went to my grandfather's ranch in Oregon. He had this beautiful Clydesdale stallion and he let me ride him all around the corral! It was an amazing feeling.....

END OF CHAPTER ONE

comment pretty please???
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 5:25 AM
Certainly a different premise for a story. Looks like it could be good. Plenty of material in how the girls react to them and social fallout from defying the stereotype. More please. The last riding story on here didn't last long and it's a shame as it too had potential. I'd like to think yours could fare better.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 1:56 PM
Cute story so far. I like it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
Default Chapter 2

Colton: Hey, Jake! wake up!
Jake:zzzzz-wha? Whats going on?
Colton: I just got a call from the stable owner, the new horse is coming today. Me and Dad are heading there early. You can come if you like!
Jake: Alright, in a little while.

Colton: Hey do you want another riding lesson?
Jake: No, not right now. I'd rather see the new horse!

A large trailer arrives at the stable
Colton: This is it! This has got to be the stallion!

The boys go up to the trailer, inside is the most beautiful black horse that they have ever seen, but however they notice that he is being restrained by a double set of restraining straps on his halter.

Then the horse looks directly at the boys!

Then the horse makes the loudest, most peircing neigh they boys have ever heard. It was as close as a roar that a horse can make. The sound resonates from the trailer, sounding like some kind of demon.

The stallion breaks free of the straps and begins to thrash violently around the trailer.

Then suddenly

(BANG!)

(BANG!) (BANG!) (BANG!)

(BANG!)

James: Oh my god! He's gonna break free!

Another deafning neigh

(CRASH!!)

James: OH SH*T!! Run boys! RUN!!!!

The horse breaks out of the trailer and rears

Then, he takes off.

James: Get the lasso and rope that wild beast!!

The stablehands and James chase down the dark horse

James manages to get a rope around his neck.

But in a rage, the horse rears and hoofs James in the stomach

Colton: DAD!!! LOOK OUT!!!!

James rolls out of the way before the horse can kill him.

Colton: Dad! use the whip!

Jake: Wait a minute

????: STOP IT!!!STOP HURTING ME!!! STOP WHIPPING OR I AM GOING TO BUCK!!!

Jake: Colt, they're hurting him! tell them to stop lashing the horse!

Colton: Are you kidding me? we need to break that horse!!!

Jake: I'm going in!
Colton: No! Don't! That horse is VICIOUS!

To everyone's suprise the horse stops rearing as soon as he sets eyes on Jake.

Jake slowly and calmly approaches the stallion
Jake: Easy now, boy.

Jake approaches the stallion and brushes his mane

Jake: You've had a rough past, you are safe with us now. No one will ever hurt you again.

Jake slowly pets the horse.

James: This is amazing! Ive always heard of this special ability, somehow you were able to communicate with that stallion!

Colton: Jake, don't you see? You have a gift! The ability to talk to horses!

Jake: I'm not going to brag, but that was pretty cool!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM
So he's a... horse whisperer. Interesting.

It's not easy constructing an action-packed scene like this one in The Sims 2. Kudos on the effort.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
So he's a... horse whisperer. Interesting.

It's not easy constructing an action-packed scene like this one in The Sims 2. Kudos on the effort.

Thanks for the compliment, also this chapter really drifted into possibly one of the biggest horse story cliches.The whole "untamed black horse" thing, I took a chance by making it the main plot and tried to make it work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:33 PM
Default Chapter 3

Colton: Hey Jake, its a nice day so why dont we go and saddle up and go on a trail ride?
Jake: No thanks,

Colton: You know, we had Damien for about a week now, want to see how he is with a rider?

Jake: Im sure he dosent want someone on his back all day.

Damien: Jake, I'm a horse, I was MEANT to be ridden. And come to think of it, I havent had someone ride me in a long time, so why dont we go right now?

JakeBut you dont have a saddle on!!)

Damien:Trust me, just climb on my back.

Jake: Colt, I want to see how he is with a rider now

As soon as Jake mounts Damien, he bolts out of the stable.

Suprisingly, Jake is totally in control!
Jake: THIS.IS.SO.AWESOME!!! Faster Damien!!!

Jake and Damien approaches James, who looks dumbstruck

James: Wow! That was some impressive horsemanship! You rode that stallion completley brideless and bareback!

Jake: As soon as I mounted him, he bolted out of the stable. Im sure if it was any other horse, I would have fallen off, Not with Damien. I felt like we were a team, man and beast together!

James: All I know is that you were born to ride that horse!

Colton: Jake! That was amazing! and this is only your second day riding!!

Jake: Thanks! How about a trail ride? The 3 of us?

Colton: Sounds like a plan! but please, use a SADDLE this time!

Jake: Alright man!

The 3 of them ride together on the trail.
James: So what did you name that stallion again?
Jake: I named him Damien Karras after the priest from The Exorcist, but I just call him Damien.
James: Interesting.

At nightfall the 3 of them return.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 2:22 AM
ugh...busy busy busy, puttin this story on hold for a few days :p