Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 22749 times.
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 6:53 AM
Default Funniest/Dumbest things Story Progression has done to you?
Doesn't matter what kind of Story Progression you got, I'm a huge fan of Twellan's (sp? I barely remember my sim's names anymore) personally but all have good features
But sometimes Story Progression can make the oddest choices, especially for CC versions where you can make almost any pairing work.

The funniest one I've had was also the creepiest. I had a simbot in a previous family I had in this town. Loved him, I was very sad to move but the rest of the (really large) family was boring the heck out of me XD So I moved on with my legacy kid Naomi, forgetting all about my simbot.

So I recently put Twellan's story progression on, which gives me updates about who marries who and so forth (lovvvve it ). Then I see a notification up about Kimmy, who is the twin of Naomi, dating Taurus. WTF! Ew! He raised her as a baby, changed her diapers, potty trained her, all that stuff. But it was kinda funny because Kimmy is one of the prettiest sims I've had in game (the only reason I picked Naomi was because I had a story for her and I didn't for Kimmy), and I thought for sure she would pick a handsome hubby, even without my help. To pick the family robot is a little desperate XD
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:31 AM Last edited by TheLB : 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:33 AM. Reason: my BBcode appears to not be working
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebec17
snip

THEN YOU LOOK AT ME, THEN I ALWAYS SEE WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOOOOOOOOOOOR

..Sorry. I had to.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:00 PM
This happened just a few days ago: I was ready to finally play a shiny new neighborhood, in which I would have controlled multiple families once again after a long time. I have AwesomeMod installed and love its story progression... but this time things went out pretty weird. I spent some time creating all the families I wanted to move in the town, and then placed them in some houses I had chosen for them. Played every single family for just a few minutes, just to assign them some skills with Twallan's Debug Enabler and then switched back to the first family I created.
...They had already moved in another house in less than one hour. When I went back to the other families, I discovered that the majority of them had moved to another house D: all in the first two/three sim-hours of game play

I guess that was because I used the motherlode cheat for every family, so since they all ended up with a lot of money they just moved to a house that could fit them better... still, it was quite unexpected D:

Back when I had EA story progression, instead, I ended up with a produced-packaged-and-delivered-in-two-minutes kid. I left one of my families alone for no more than one day, then went back to them and... my female sim was giving birth to a child. Which kinda screwed up my plans, since I never wanted her to have kids

...You can be anything you want to be...
deviantART|Myspace|Last.fm|KoinUp|Yearbook|Livejournal
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 1:12 PM
I use awesomemod's storyp. and it works great. Still I found it funny when all of a sudden all three vampires - Beau Merrick, Vladimir Schlick and William Fangman - had new brides and each ones bride was an elder, even though the guys themselves aren't. Did they all go to the Bridgeport bingo night together? I guess there's just something about older women.

SmilingJack: "Blood! It's your new leg of lamb, your new champagne."
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines World Project

My Music Videos: PolarDove's Channel
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 3:46 PM
Before I installed awesome mod, the Hart family would disappear within a day or two. This happened every time that I created a save game in Sunset Valley. Also, everyone would spawn babies, but no one would ever get married or even find a date so their babies would have only one parent. I'd only seen story progression create one couple, ever.

Some of the families that move in and the babies that are spawned have pretty amusing names. There were Kip and Erika Palmer and their sons, Horace and Muhammad. There were the sisters Maricela and Marisela McDaniel. Tamara Donner had twin daughters named Lee and Eboni, and the Altos had a son named Siddhartha.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 5:28 PM
A family of cavemen moving into the NH. Literally, somehow they all ended up wearing either earthy colours or the caveman timetravel clothes.
The family I was playing had a time machine at the time so I just assumed it had something to do with that. Or maybe SP was just being really, really awesome.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 8:52 PM
SP regularly has a sim one of mine is engaged to (Either in home-hood or vacation) get married to another before I have a chance to get them married :S

I don't have any SP mods, so i assume this is just something EA likes doing, making women who just want to get married, it doesn't matter who to, they just need that ring! (Even with an engagement ring already!)

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
I made this account when I was 14. I really dislike the name. I'm sorry.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 11:12 PM
I use Twallan's SP... Anyway, I had twin sisters living together with their husbands and one of the husband's children from another marriage. Well, I decided to move the step kid out and left that household to fend for itself... I remember when I got the notifications saying that the twins had broken up with their husbands (Not at the same time but within a week of each other). I brushed it off, I was trying for triplets with the step kid and her high school sweet heart, far more important. Long story short within another sim week, the twins had swapped husbands on me. O_o They were still living together but they had switched partners... Talk about swinging...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 11:21 PM
I use Twallan's SP. This is kind of a double post, but once story progression had Claire Ursine marry River McIrish and they had a biological child together. They ended up with 3 biological children, not including Claire's first. I had no idea story progression could do that without my input, and without having knowledge of any mods in my game that would even allow it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 12:30 AM
I don't know if I was using awesomemod at that time, I played the Bachelors then married Bella to Morty... and played some other families when I returned to the Bachelor's Michael was engaged to an Elder during his YA stage... I guess age doesn't matter xD
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 6:13 AM
Gobias Kofi, elderly heartbreaker. When I first started playing, Gobias impregnated about 3/4 of the young adult women in town. I swear to god, he must've been standing outside the high school with a birthday cake just to make sure he got there first.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 8:01 PM
I went back to the Incredile Hulk, to discover he'd got married and taken his wife's name, and thus was now called The Incredible Wang.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 9:16 PM
I love how Twallan's extended stories affect the other households. A couple that are elders, raised 2 children to YA, married since YA, with days left in the husband's life he decides to go with one of trollups in town. Wife moves out to a small starter lot, the children have already married and moved out, so old man have the large family home to himself. He moves the trollup in and dies 2 days later. The wife in her small lot dies about 2 days after that. Trollup profits!

The daughter of the elderly couple still hates the trollup. LOL, too bad there is no probate court in Sims 3.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 9:42 PM
^Completely agree with your assessment of Twallan, I honestly just love that I can choose what features of SP and know what's going on, but there's still some randomness.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 9:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz
I went back to the Incredile Hulk, to discover he'd got married and taken his wife's name, and thus was now called The Incredible Wang.
OMG I'm laughing soooooo hard!
Oh the double meanings there...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebec17
but there's still some randomness.

Yep. I'm less random than say EA Story Progression for sure, but do still rely on randomization during my simulation.

If one is looking for a more rigorous simulation, Awesome is probably your best bet.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 10:06 PM
I wasn't insulting the randomness XD But it's good to know the differences between Awesome and your mod, I didn't know them before I downloaded your mod
BTW twallan, YOU'RE AMAZING! LOVE YOUR MODS! (I'm a little hyper)
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 1:45 AM
I use Twallan's SP mod and nothing special has really happened.

FML.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 2:50 AM

Hee.

I took that screenshot a long time ago, but that's still the funniest thing any Story Progression has ever done for me.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 5:04 AM
I adore the randomness in Twallan's SP, along with the extended stories. If you have the extended stories, there is a rivalry between the Thugs and Nerds. The hate "Nerds" filled thug had been really hard on one of the Nerds (she is a pretty one) and she had been getting him back with the nerdy experiment pranks. Yeah, it was a horrid relationship.

To my surprise, I have been catching them talking somewhere around the town, mostly late at night. The thug being married was acting suspicious when he was around her and I thought something was going on, but not good. Two sims days later, I get a notification that the nerd was pregnant and it was by the thug. I gasped cause the thug and his wife announced their pregnancy earlier.

Some how the wife found out and kicked out the thug, the thug moved in with the nerd, her mother and daughter (from a previous relationship) and they went on to having twins and getting married. The thug wife had her baby, dated a rich guy in town, married him and had a productive life. The thug and his mother-in-law didn't get along, so he moved the new little family out and they had a modest lifestyle.

I absolutely love Twallan's story progression. EA's never entertained me as much.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:30 AM
Okay, retarded newbie question. What IS this story progression I keep seeing mentioned? Is there an awesome aspect to the game that I'm missing? Is it only activated through mods?

Im sure Im in serious need of some moral spankitude, but guess whos not qualified to be my rabbi?
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 1:30 PM Last edited by ebec17 : 28th Jan 2011 at 1:31 PM. Reason: typo *grins sheeplishly*
It's okay Anjalena, I didn't figure about the story progression stuff until pretty late in the game (aka like a week and a half ago)
So there is the story progression in the EA game, which is why people grow older or move away, stuff like that. MANY people do not like EA's SP however, so they download a mod to fix it. The two mods are Twallan's and Awesome. The link for Twallan's mod is actually in the above posts in Twallan's signature. Not sure where Awesome's mod is, since I haven't downloaded it (only need one after all XD). But I'm sure somebody can help you find it if you want that mod.
I'm still trying to figure out the differences between the Twallan mod and the Awesome mod, I just like that Twallan's is a global mod and so I don't have to mess around with core mods
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 2:12 PM
The thing about Awesomemod is that it's a very in-depth core mod, covering much more than basic Story Progression. It's great, and pretty customizable at that -- but it's not something for the faint-of-heart to jump into with reckless abandon. If you're willing to sit down and figure out what Awesomemod does (a bit of a challenge, because the crew at MATY is... hilariously acerbic, but not particularly helpful to newbies) then it's a wonderful mod. I probably could not run my game without it, I'd explode from frustration at stupid bits of EA programming.

On the other hand, Twallan's Story Progression has those hilarious little text pop-ups that let you know what's going on. Moreover, there's no reason you can't have Awesomemod AND Twallan's Story Progression, as long as you turn Awesomemod's Story Progression off. That way you'd still have Awesomemod's various fixes and tweaks. (Unless something has changed over the past few months?) Of course it's all up to personal taste -- I'm sure Pescado could better explain what his own Awesomemod Story Progression does differently. He probably already has, somewhere around here.
In fact, I think I'm going to set up my game for Twallan's SP right now. I'm a sucker for funny text boxes. (:
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 8:06 PM
I had AwesomeMod a while ago, and it's features are great, like Chronicle said, it has fixes and tweaks in the game, from the core. You can disable AwesomeMod's Story Progression and use Twallan's SP instead. Personally, I didn't want to use a core mod.

About the notifications in Twallan's SP, if you want to see what's happening as it happens, just click on the notification box. It's a hazard for me when I am playing my family, I am always leaving them to their own devices to see what the heck is going on in other parts of town.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 8:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
About the notifications in Twallan's SP, if you want to see what's happening as it happens, just click on the notification box. It's a hazard for me when I am playing my family, I am always leaving them to their own devices to see what the heck is going on in other parts of town.

Oh hey, there's something I didn't know. I just got Twallan's SP set up in my game, I'll definitely be taking advantage of that now. o:

Another thing I like about Twallan's SP: the ability to turn all kinds of map tags on. Now everybody has a map tag, so I can see where they all are in town! Which is useful when everybody and their kid sister decides that the tiny park on the outskirts of town is THE ~place to be~. Not the bigger, nicer park near the main of town, the one at least an hour away from anyplace.
Admittedly, it's slightly cheaty of me to psychically divine everyone's current locations like that, but it makes my sim's Investigator cases so much less frustrating.
Page 1 of 3

Section jump