Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 3:40 AM
Default Favorite Hip-Hop/Rap Song & Artist
What's ur favorite Hip-Hop/Rap Song & Artist? - MasterJ16
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 1:14 PM
I doeznt haz a favurite hip hop artistz.

I like Jay-Z and Eminem, but I can't say I listen to their music.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:23 PM
Well the only rapper I can listen to is Eminem, just for his newest album though.

Does The Black Eyed Peas count? If they do, then they are my favourite :P

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Banned
DELETED POST
Original Poster
30th Jan 2011 at 8:02 PM
This message has been deleted by MasterJ16.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guysim1993
Well the only rapper I can listen to is Eminem, just for his newest album though.

Does The Black Eyed Peas count? If they do, then they are my favourite :P

Yes the Black Eyed Peas count as a Hip-Hop group but their new album has some pop related music - MasterJ16
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 4:16 AM
I'm more of an old-school kind of guy when it comes to rap. For favorite song, I think I'd probably go all the way back to Rapper's Delight by The Sugar Hill Gang. For favorite artist, it would again most likely be someone from 25/30 years ago. Maybe said Sugar Hill Gang or Run DMC or Big Daddy Kane. Someone from that time frame. There was a verve and a spirit to rap back then I just don't tend to see in modern rap when I do get the chance to hear it.

As for more recent rappers, I find Eminem quite impressive and his brutal honesty can be refreshing sometimes. But I'd be hard pressed to say I LIKE him. More that I respect his work. Best guy I've heard rap recently would be K-Os. He's able to tap into that old school spirit a lot more than pretty much any other rapper I've heard in the last decade or so. Anytime a Crabbuckit or Sunday Morning comes on my radio I just gotta crank it up.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:02 PM
I listen to every genre of music except for maybe Country... But for Hip-Hop, I kind of go a little obscure at times and more mainstream at others. My favorites are: Saul Williams, El-P, DJ Shadow, Mos Def, Ghostface Killah, RJD2, Kanye, The Rza, Jay-Z... it depends, I like 99 Problems, but he did it with Rick Rubin so..., Talib Kweli, Beastie Boys, Aesop Rock, C-Mon & Kypski, Girl Talk (but that's mainly more mash-ups), MIA, The Roots, The Streets, etc, etc...
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 8:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFaye
I listen to every genre of music except for maybe Country... But for Hip-Hop, I kind of go a little obscure at times and more mainstream at others. My favorites are: Saul Williams, El-P, DJ Shadow, Mos Def, Ghostface Killah, RJD2, Kanye, The Rza, Jay-Z... it depends, I like 99 Problems, but he did it with Rick Rubin so..., Talib Kweli, Beastie Boys, Aesop Rock, C-Mon & Kypski, Girl Talk (but that's mainly more mash-ups), MIA, The Roots, The Streets, etc, etc...

For me I like Lil' Wayne(Weezy F. Baby) Drizzy Drake, Nicki Minaj(Queen Of Hip-Hop) Kanye West, Jay-Z, BEP(Black Eyed Peas) Young Money, Wale, Snoop Doggy Dog & a little bit of Chris Brown depending on his songs

Songs by the artist that I named/liked

Lil' Wayne: Lollipop, Ms. Officer, 6ft, 7ft, A Milli

Drake: Over, Miss Me, Up All Night(feat. Nicki Minaj), Fancy(Swizz Beats, T.I. & Mary J. Blidge), One More Time, Best I Ever Had, Congratulations, Pop Rose (feat. Trey Songz) & Find Your Love

Nicki Minaj: Your Love, Romans Revenge, Check it Out(will.i.am), Massive Attack (feat. Sean Garret) Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake) Right Thru Me & Girls Fall Like Dominoes

Kanye West: Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver), Power (feat. Dwele) Lost In The World, All of The Lights, Runaway (feat. Pusha T) Who Will Survive In America, Stronger, Champion, I Wonder, Jesus Walks, Good Life (feat. T-Pain)

BEP: The Time, Boom Boom Pow, I Gotta Feeling, Pump It, Shut The Phunk Up(Shut Up Remix) Let's Get It Started etc...

Trey Songz: Bottoms Up (feat. Nicki Minaj) Say Ahh, Invented Sex

Wale: Pretty Girls (feat. Gucci Mane)

Young Money; BedRock (feat. Lloyd), Every Girl In The World, Gooder, New S**t, She Is Gone, Pass The Dutch, Girl I Got U, F*** The Bulls**t & Play in My Band.

Snoop Dog: Wet, Drop it Like It's Hot, In the Morning

Opps forgot to mention Lloyd and his Lay It Down
Banned
#8 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 9:03 PM
Modern Hip Hop... hmm 50 Cent I guess.
Classic Hip Hop 2PAC is the only good one.

Section jump