Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Aspiration Tombstone Replacements (stone and marble versions)

by bienchen83 Posted 3rd Feb 2011 at 5:41 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2011 at 8:53 AM by bienchen83

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:14 PM
These will be fantastic for my picture-taking and graveyards. Thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:34 PM
They're great. Would you consider doing a decorative version?
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:54 PM
These look much more like something you'd find in a cemetary where Liberace wasn't buried! Thanks for these.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:59 PM
I will most definitely enjoy them, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:03 PM
It does look good this way, too. Thank you for sharing !
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:14 PM
Really nice! It's now ready for my graveyards, cause I never liked the gold ones... they are just too 'out' of the whole cemetery creepy scene. Thank you for making these
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:23 PM
Very well done! Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 8:27 PM
Good idea - thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 8:40 PM
Very cool. I agree with Gingerxyz, i'd love these as decorative tombstones.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 8:51 PM
Definitely an improvement, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 6:20 AM
Beautiful.
The gold and white look very "bad taste-y" to me, and is horrible to have to keep when I attempt a legacy. So thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 6:26 AM
It's funny I've had many sims die with High aspiration levels yet I never saw any variation of the tombstones. This is much better and like everyone says it gives life to a grave yard. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 1:32 PM
Thanks! These will look perfect in my historical graveyards!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 6:43 PM
Thanks for your comments.

I might edit this thread to include a decorative version if I find time to do one.
Shall I PM you then, Gingerxyz and Antibusdeath?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:07 PM
'Nothing special'? This looks wonderful, and I'm amazed it hasn't been done before Such a simple change, but it makes a great difference!

If the platinum stones had just been all marble, I wouldn't mind so much, but adding the gold trim really did take them over the 'tacky' threshold. Making them all match in texture is an even better idea. Thank you!
Theorist
#17 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrabOfDoom
If the platinum stones had just been all marble, I wouldn't mind so much, but adding the gold trim really did take them over the 'tacky' threshold. Making them all match in texture is an even better idea. Thank you!
I would suggest that a set with the original marble texture but with no gold trim or lettering would be a really worthwhile alternative. Fancy, but not completely over-the-top.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 9:57 PM
I really like these. The others don't fit into my neighborhood cemetery at all. Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM
Sophie-David: Was this meant as a request for such an alternative default override?
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
Thanks for your comments.

I might edit this thread to include a decorative version if I find time to do one.
Shall I PM you then, Gingerxyz and Antibusdeath?

If it's not too much bother then I'd really appreciate that

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#21 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:29 PM
Sophie-David: Was this meant as a request for such an alternative default override?
Well requests are not allowed, of course, but I'm sure I would find a non-gilt marble set to be quite useful.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:37 PM
Sophie-David: So you'd like to have grey instead of the gold trim - or kind of a marble texture? Or something else?
And well, I do not take requests, yes. But that doesn't mean I will not add variety to stuff I already done.

Gingerxyz: Okay, I'll PM you then. But it might take a while.
Theorist
#23 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 1:30 AM
Sophie-David: So you'd like to have grey instead of the gold trim - or kind of a marble texture? Or something else?
And well, I do not take requests, yes. But that doesn't mean I will not add variety to stuff I already done.
My preference would be an aspiration tombstone in which all the gold is replaced with the light marble colour that it is on the front. But the symbol itself would be either a dark marble or dark grey, almost black. Whatever looks best for the symbol, but maintaining the raised relief of the original.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:23 AM Last edited by bienchen83 : 5th Feb 2011 at 8:47 AM.
Sophie-David: Would you mind testing these?

Personally, I think a light brown marble would fit better for the symbols.

all: You may test as well, if you're interested in a marble version. And please give feedback on whether you'd like to have decorative versions of these as well.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  sim2me_defaultaspirationtombstones_v02.rar (223.6 KB, 63 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 9:35 AM
Cripes, this was long overdue... Thanx.
Page 1 of 3